• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

?! special prices & AWB Quantity Price Breaks Per Produc

osik

Maybe somebody found this before me and know the answer...

I am using AWB Quantity Price Breaks Per Product.

The question is - if products has specials price, in shopping cart this

price shows only in line total.

I think that suspected failure located in awb_pb.php.

I've try to correct it, but without positive result (.

Hope for assistance.

I just finished the installation of Quantity Price Breaks Per Product and I have the same problem.

Also, products with special price are added to the cart with the original price, not the discounted price. Do you also have this probleRegards

Mike

Thanks for responce Andrew:

i've spent time in nervous waiting, like variant i've found simple solution at this manner - i repeat special price from specials section in admin to "Price break level 1:" field in products info section the same in admin.

After this shopping cart shows prices correct.

But one disadvantage, if for example:

price q-ty1 q-ty2

Price break level 1: 20.50 1 0

Price break level 2: 19.00 2 5

in shop customer will see:

1+ 20.50

2-5 19.00

Hope, together we will win )))

Hi,

In the list of future enhancements for this contribution is more price breaks. I was wondering if this is going to be available anytime in the near future or if anyone else has figured out how to add more. I would like 11 to be exact.

This is somewhat different, but customers seem to like more of them.

Thanks for any assistance.

:)

Steve

I think this is the place that needs modification:

// XXX: COULD USE MORE SANITY CHECKS

$price = $product_info['products_price'];	// DEFAULT PRICE

"Use no way as way, have no limitation as limitation." - Bruce Lee

((( the last update of this contrib - new version of awb_pb.php does not working ...

am i only one unlucky...

i hope that author are testing this update before publishing, but i see only "0" in the list in shopping cart and in line "total" only price of product with special price without adding price of product with regular price, when presents in shopping cart too.

after changing the query section of last version awb_pb.php for:

$product_info_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_qty_blocks,p.products_price," .

"p.products_price1,p.products_price2,p.products_price3,p.products_price4," .

"p.products_price1_qty_from,p.products_price2_qty_from,p.products_price3_qty_from

,p.products_price4_qty_from," .

"p.products_price1_qty_to,p.products_price2_qty_to,p.products_price3_qty_to,p.pro

ducts_price4_qty_to," .

"IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price " .

"FROM ". TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id WHERE " .

"p.products_status = '1' AND p.products_id = '" . (int)$product_id. "'");

everything working fine ! )...

? to be continue...

There is still an error in the contribution.

The quantity discount does not work if you also have a special applied to the same product. The product goes in the cart with the special price no matter how many you order.

• 3 weeks later...

To MikeMike:

I 've changed in awb_pb.php those lines:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['specials_new_products_price']))

{

return $product_info['specials_new_products_price'];

}

for:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['specials_new_products_price']))

{

$price = $product_info['specials_new_products_price'];

}else{

$price = $product_info['products_price']; // DEFAULT PRICE

}

and in classes/shopping_cart.php i've deactivated this section of code:

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " where products_id = '" . $prid . "' and status = '1'");

if (tep_db_num_rows ($specials_query)) {

$specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query);

$products_price = $specials['specials_new_products_price'];

}

after this everything working fine...

Hello All at Oscommerce,

Does this module enable the administrator to set different price breaks levels to deifferent products.

ie

product A

product quantity 1- 12 ?10 per product

product quantity 13 - 80 ?9 per product

product B

product quantity 1- 10 ?11 per product

product quantity 11 - 50 ?8 per product

From the authors site(http://www.bicad.com its a live site) I noticed that you are restricted to purchasing in multiples of 12 can this restriction be removed, and can this resitriction be differnt for each product?

Is it possible to add aditional price breaks?

Cheers guys

I'd like to install this mod but haven't used the patch utility before and I think my unfamiliarity is hanging things up. I've downloaded this version of the mod:

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/aw...20030522.tar.gz

However, when I follow the instructions and attempt to patch the files, I get an error message that looks like a path problem. Here it is:

patch -p1 < /PATH_TO/awb_pb_1.0-20030522.diff

can't find file to patch at input line 4

Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?

The text leading up to this was:

--------------------------

|diff -Naur --exclude=configure.php --exclude=CVS tep-20030522/admin/admin/categories.php store-20030522/admin/admin/categories.php

|--- tep-20030522/admin/admin/categories.php    Mon Mar 24 12:00:23 2003

|+++ store-20030522/admin/admin/categories.php  Fri May 23 03:10:39 2003

--------------------------

I followed the instructions to move into the main directory. However, what looks like a path "tep-20030522/admin/admin" obviously doesn't match my system.

What is going on?

Do I have to modify the .diff document to change all the paths? Do I need to download the 1.0 version of the mod and then progressively patch it? Sorry for the confusion, and I hope there's a pretty easy fix.

Thanks for all advice.

Gawain

Greetings All,

I was just wondering if anyone had modified this to work with MS2?

Also, I'm having a bit of a nightmare trying to get my head around the .diff & .patch files.

I'm on a windows machine here & ftp files to the web server, I don't have telnet access to the webserver so.................

Is there any way I could implement the changes (easily) within a Windows environment?

Cheers,

Johno

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm sorry for the long delay in working on this module. Billable work always takes precedence.

I have just posted a NEW version 'price-break-1.1' to the contrib section.

1) This is a REWRITE to the old awb_pb module. Don't use these together as it will not work.

2) I modified the products table columns that I needed so you will have to remodify your products table if you're using the old version.

3) This version works with MS2 only. No more CVS versions.

4) Please don't ask me if I have instructions for hand editing these files. I don't and don't intend to. If someone else wants to post them, great. The 'patch' file is relatively easy to read if you want to hand edit these things. ('-' means remove line, '+' means add line)

5) You can find a vanilla MS2 distribution with this patch installed at my website http://www.beezle.com/oscommerce

6) The price break doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense if used with a product that has attribute pricing as the price break is not applied to the attribute pricing.

7) As always, please test all these modules in a test environment first before destroying your production system ;^) The module creator takes no responsibility for any problems caused by this code.

Enjoy,

-Andrew

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I have also installed this new contribution, but I have a little Problem:

Everything is properly working except the the Sub-Total and Total amount of the shopping cart. It alwas shows "0" whereas in the shopping cart the right price is shown after the product and quantity.

If I process an oder, there is also the total amount of the shopping cart zero, but at the end of the order it shows the right amount and the right tax in the middle of the page.

I have also installed the shop with this installed contribution, but I have the same problem?

Does anybody know whats wrong?

Thanks and best regards

Tom

I did originally add this contribution, to MS2, but removed it due to problems.

One was with the price when testing with a LARGE number about 9999999999 or something similar. The items ended up being charged at ?7.15 when it should have been in the thousands (though this may have been due to the lack of space). This was using the percentage system.

The major problem I found was that the discount evaluated the total number of items. ie. if you bought 9 items of one type then 1 of another, you qualified for the 10 items discount on all items.

Personally I think it makes more sense to discount only on a particular product. Then discount each product accordingly.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by dace

Hi Dace,

I don`t have the same problems. If I buy 9 items of one type and add additional other items, the first one dosen`t qualify for the 10 items discount. I am also using MS2. Also your number problem. I added a product which costs 11000 Euro and bought 100 to get the discount, and it doesn`t cause problems, it worked properly.

I only have a problem with the total of the shopping cart:

e.g.:

Computer 1000.00 EUR

Sub-Total: 0.00EUR

Any Ideas?

I am new to OsCommerce and would like to add this but I do not understand how to install the downloaded file price-break-1.1.tar.qz, by the way I am using windows here at home but the sever is linux,Thanks for any help

Hi robmann,

you could open the attached file with a text editor and add (+) or remove (-) the lines in the original files manually, thats not the easiest way, but it works.

Back to my problem:

I made a test with the .sql file of the original, unchanged shop and it worked, so I must have a problem with the sql database file I am using. I have installed many other contributions, it needed 2 months to add all this contributions, so I don?t want to start at the beginning. Does anybody know, which table could cause such a problem that the database shows not the sub total and total?

I am thankful for every hint.

Tom

Edited by HIGH-FLYERS

Just an idea, since I'm not using Easy Populate:

This contribution modifies the structure of the Products database table. Maybe Easy Populate is trying to add products in the default format and therefore puts data in the wrong columns. You caan check this by looking at the database using phpMyAdmin to see if all of the data in your newly added products matches the test data.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

thanks for your reply.

I checked the phpmyadmin data several times, but I couldn`t find any differences between the test products and the imported ones.

It is very strange, if i go to the admin and look at "whos online" I see the shopping cart with the correct total, only in the shop the total and sub-total price is not shown?

I made a new install of the shop with an old sql file. You find it here:

www.werbeartikel-discount.com

Put a product in the shopping cart and you could see my problem. At the end of a order (checkout_confirmation.php) the right price is displayed.

Thanks and best regards

Tom

Edited by HIGH-FLYERS