• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

account details modification

I have searched the forums and the contributions but have not found anything

that will do what I want here is something that i am working and when done will add to the

contributions when commpleted

1st is the account details when a customer signs up the abitlity to turn

off fields from the admin in customer details and be able to select which fileds are

required

for the account_details.php located in the /catalog/includes/modules/

i added the following code

lines 55-58

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_FIRST_NAME == 'true') {

?>

lines 76-78

<?php

}

?>

lines 79-81

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_LAST_NAME == 'true') {

?>

lines 99-101

<?php

}

?>

lines 150-152

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') {

?>

lines 181-183

<?php

}

?>

lines 184-186

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_ADDRESS == 'true') {

?>

lines 194-196

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_STREET_ADDRESS == 'true') {

?>

lines 213-215

<?php

}

?>

lines 239-241

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_POST_CODE == 'true') {

?>

lines 259-261

<?php

}

?>

lines 262-264

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_CITY == 'true') {

?>

lines 281-283

<?php

}

?>

lines 284-286

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {

?>

lines 314-316

<?php

}

?>

lines 318-320

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_COUNTRY == 'true') {

?>

lines 337-339

<?php

}

?>

lines 347-349

<?php

}

?>

lines 351-353

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_CONTACT_INFROMATION == 'true') {

?>

lines 361-363

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_TELEPHONE_NUMBER == 'true') {

?>

lines 380-382

<?php

}

?>

lines 386-388

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_FAX_NUMBER == 'true') {

?>

lines 401-403

<?php

}

?>

lines 409-411

<?php

}

?>

lines 412-414

<?php

if (ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTER == 'true') {

?>

lines 449-451

<?php

}

?>

for the database i added

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'First Name', 'ACCOUNT_FIRST_NAME', 'false', 'Display First Name in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Last Name', 'ACCOUNT_LAST_NAME', 'false', 'Display Last Name in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Street Address', 'ACCOUNT_STREET_ADDRESS', 'false', 'Display Street Address in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Postal Code', 'ACCOUNT_POST_CODE', 'false', 'Display Post Code in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'City', 'ACCOUNT_CITY', 'false', 'Display City in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Country', 'ACCOUNT_COUNTRY', 'false', 'Display Country in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Telephone Number', 'ACCOUNT_TELEPHONE_NUMBER', 'false', 'Display Telephone Number in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Fax Number', 'ACCOUNT_FAX_NUMBER', 'false', 'Display Fax Number in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Newsletter', 'ACCOUNT_NEWSLETTER', 'false', 'Display Newsletter in the custommers account', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Address Field', 'ACCOUNT_ADDRESS', 'false', '***NOTE*** THIS WILL TURN OFF DISPAY ADDRESS in the custommers account Use This to Turn Off All Address Fields If you have this DISABLED Individual Address Fields WILL NOT DISPAY', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('', 'Phone Contact Information', 'ACCOUNT_CONTACT_INFORMATION', 'false', '***NOTE*** THIS WILL TURN OFF CONTACT INFROMATION in the custommers account Use This to Turn Off All Phone Fields If you have this DISABLED the PHONE NUMBERS WILL NOT DISPLAY', 5, 2, '2003-06-16 15:12:12', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),');

now i just need to get to work where you make the field required on not required

2nd using Author: Phil Townsend's ContactUs_V1.1 with a database backend

so you enter the info for your store from the admin section

• 3 weeks later...

i have a customized available that i put together with 40 contributions you can view at www.domainregistraion.com for the catalog and the admin is domainregistraion.com/shop/admin/

login is

test@localhost

pass is admin

and shop@localhost

pass admin

if you would like to use the oscommerce for you own use i will make the download available at no charge. you also see which contributions i have installed under the configuration menu and click on contributions. many thank to the authors of the contributions that i added.

you can also turn off the features that you don't want

it has also been heavly tested to make sure everthing works and it is all intergrated to work correctly.

Nice - like Ian's Loaded 5 - but much more...

Missing?

Site Text Managment

Shoppe Enhanment Controler (but many parts are already there)

What snap shot are you running? looks like it might be a bit old....

using 2.2 ms1 from march

forgot to add the following which can be changed from admin for creating accounts you can turn off the fields that you dont want on my site i only have first name, email address, and pass word. which can be edited under configuration Customer Details

contact us page can be edited from the admin section under configuration My Store

the shop has the 5 themes from contrib thema and i added in 7 other themes

Any plans to bring this up to MS2?

Site Text Managment is more than just "contact" page. Allows to modify 99% of the catalog site text without having to worry about going into the languages files. All resides in a DB table. (should be intergrated into OSC core - IMHO)

SEC need a newer snap shot than MS1 and there are certin thing that is in that that is not in some other moduals.

i tried to add the contribs to the ms2 snapshot but alot of them were made for the ms1 version and have not been updated by the authors i didn't want to spend alot of time reconfiguring for ms2 and the contribs have been tested to work with ms1

ok ready for download you can download the file from www.domainregistraion.com/shop_final.zip

and the install docs at www.domainregistraion.com/install_readme.txt

I removed all users from the database and cleared the logs for page visits, user tracking, and visitors, so you will have clean install

enjoy!!!!

i changed some of the settings for full access use

login= test@localhost

pass=admin

for limited access use

login=shop@localhost

pass=admin

this will show the difference between the 2 logins and how you can restrict what a user see's

Great job. Your shop has just about everything anyone would need to get a great store up and running. I was getting ready to load Ians Loaded 5 but now that I found this looks like that is old news. I know there are many folks out there that would love to see the Quickbooks mod added into a loaded shop. From what I have heard it is painful for the novice php guy (like myself)to implement. You dont by chance plan on adding the Quickbooks mod do you? Never the less you have put together a great package and I can't wait to upgrade my store.

Josh Baker

www.h2opoolproducts.com

i haven't look at the quickbooks mod yet i can add it to it if you like

i have been looking at the ms2 version i liked the way ms1 install better where you could specify the directories. With ms2 its set in the code for the admin section which will take some modifcation to do. So most of my time will be taken up with ms2, when i did ms1 it took 3 months to complete mostly because of testing to make sure everything works. i will have a shop available for download that only works half way. then you only get pissed off people not good

• 2 weeks later...

i have updated the install docs keep in mind that the docs for the admin section is only general to give you an idea for each menu link. for more complete docs use the url's for the wiki and the oscdoc for more detail

I am working on bringing it over to 2.2 MS2 should be done in about 3 months or so for testing before i release the new version.

New modules that i will adding are peter mcgraths themplate system for themes, and site text management