• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[REQ] Credit Card Surcharge

THX

Gday - in Australia it's legal to do this too -

I haven't found a 'proper' fix (that might be bad english - but it's good Australian!) for what has been asked

but what I have done is:

Opened two paypal accounts - one that can accept cc & one that can't.

I have used the one that can't as the account for the standard paypal module and included in the language paypal file "Papal (no credit cards). I have also set this for zone Australia in admin

Then I use Paypal IPN for the other account - have changed the language Paypal_ipn file to read "Paypal (Credit Cards) 3% fee will be added

And installed the Payment Types Surcharge contrib...

This way people in Australia can choose either option. International only get Paypal CC option. Anyone who pays with Paypal CC gets the 3% added.

What I now want to do is put a seperate lower fee for direct CC charge (ie 1.7%)

I was hoping to just add a second 'Payment Type Surcharge' module renamed - but I think that is WAY above my ability...

Another other ideas?

As for the surcharge not working - I have to ask the obvious - have you entered paypal_ipn in the admin section for this module?

Cheers