• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

About to go live

Thank you for your comments.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other comments from anyone before I do more work on the site - I don't want to do much more if the design is not going to work to get me sales.

The two products are just made up images and descriptions for now, that's why they look a bit funny. Also the other pages (privacy, shipping etc) are all blank for now.

Thank you.

Very nice !

The site is clear - well presented and specific ..

A couple of thoughts though -

I would drop the Internet Explorer Home Page Icon - looks as if it was lifted from Internet Explorer! - don't think it's needed anyway.

On your left hand column - I suggest changing the title of "Our Name Histories" to something like - "Find Your Name History"

In the product page main - change "Available Options" to - "Type in Name Here" for example.

Thank you, I've done a couple of changes as per your suggestion so that it reads a bit better.

I haven't entirely removed the "home" button, but have muted it back quite a bit so that it doesn't sticj out as much.

Many thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Very nice, professional design.

One suggestion I have is to maybe think about moving the 'in cart' button on the product page up next to the price or next to the 'Name' text box. Its well below the fold on my screen (1024x768) and was a little hard to pick up all the way on the bottom - seems sort of removed from everything.

Also, maybe its a European thing, but in my experience using 'add to cart' is much clearer than 'in cart' for a customer (at least an american customer).

Very good work!

The surname history and fisrtname history images along the header- perhaps you could make the whole image a live link instead of just the tiny graphic in the corners?

I like the neutral yet warm colors you used.

Your product is a little like mine- romance and tradition. Have you thought about making it a little more "hokey" as we Americans say, using a parchment and illuminations-art theme? With all the Ren-Faire and history buffs out there, it might attract them.

psst... wanna buy a wand?

> Ilinea

I have moved the button up so that it is line with the "What's your name" input box. It does look better - many thanks. I need to change it so that it reads "add to cart" rather than "in cart" still. I'll do that a little later.

> Dragonmom

I've made the text image into hyperlinks, rather than the small graphic, thanks for noticing. I was going to go for a "scroll" look, but then decided against.

Many thanks to all you four guys, with your help I'm sure my Store now looks better than it did :)

Archived