• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - Customer Loyalty Discount Scheme

64sp

I thinkihave foun a little problem in your mod which makes it kind of not usable [at least for us i think]

I noticed that the discount is being applied to anything , as in apllied to products which doesn''t even have been payed.

Situation.

i order for say an amount of 100 dollars. [i don't pay the bill, but it just sits ther with status - waiting for payment]

Then the next order i do - a couple of days later i get a predifined discount because i have "spent" 100 dollars which applies for a discount.

HOWEVER, i have not payed the first order and i will never do, but still i receive the discount.

Do you see where i am going to?

The discount should be applied only when the status has been set to.

Package shipped / payment received , whatever.

Thus only when the transaction truly has been done and not on a waiting basis.

In this case, one can just aim for the highest discount by first placing a huge order and not paying this order , and then just make a second very small order , and recieve the discount straight away.

Very cool for clever dishonost "loya" customers, but highly unusable in a trusted environment.

Could this little "error" be fixed in some way ?

regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This module is great, but...

Do you think is it OK to calculate discount on the price with tax even if "Include Tax" option is set to false? Maybe in my instalastoi is something wrong but let me show you an example:

product price is 80.00

discount 7.5% is 6 but i have 7.32 (wrong)

price after discount should be 74 - OK

tax 22% should be 16.28 - OK

tax in my country is 22% so price with discount + tax should be (80-6)=74*1,22=90.28

So final price should be 90.28 - OK

So, the final calculation is correct, but DISPLAYED discount is calculated from product price without the discount and with tax !!! (80 *1,22) - 7.5% = 7.32

What do you thing about it ?

• 3 weeks later...

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT ******************************

i just noticed that...

#1 client makes order in USD .. for lets say 1043$ USD

then #1 comes back and displays EUR OR CDN currency

orders

goes to subtotals etc..

IT WILL USE in function get_cum_order_total()

the value in USD .. but try to apply discount rules on CDN order... easy to fix can u plz.. this makes a hard time...

this bug. and the pending one.. should be orders NOT EQUAL pending

thanks

plz mail me [email protected]

• 6 months later...

I wanted to get some feedback from those that are using this contribution. It seems there is a new update for it as well. How are people liking this contribution and does it cause any conflicts with CCGV? I assume it was built for MS2.2. Thanks in advance.

I wanted to get some feedback from those that are using this contribution. It seems there is a new update for it as well. How are people liking this contribution and does it cause any conflicts with CCGV? I assume it was built for MS2. Thanks in advance.

Edited by safoo

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, does any one know how to mod this program so they knows how much discount they will be getting before they even buy anything? I mean, yes the RETURN customer will be happy when they see that they are getting discount for returning purchases, but, they won't know (unlesss you tell them) that you have this program and not know what percentage they will be receiving until they buy something again. I mean, instead of giving them a suprise discount, I think it will be better to let them know that they will be getting what percentage of discount on what codition. I mean, you got to at least try to convert your "First Time / One Time" customer into a Loyal Customer right? I was thinking about putting in an extra table in "My Account / account.php " but I just can not pull get the codes to work.... :(

Any Ideas Guys?

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it make sense to include the current order in calculating the loyaly discount?

Then there would be less need to combine this with another module giving a discount based on the size of the current order.

• 2 months later...

I keep getting a Parse error whenever this contribution is uploaded to a store i am working on.. it's got to be something really simple.. but maybe specific to the store.

It all works fine off-line, and i tried it on another store and it didnt give the parse error..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home/whatever/shop/includes/modules/order_total/ot_loyalty_discount.php on line 1

any ideas whay might be causing this ?

Thank you in advance for your help ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

First, can I say how much I like this contribution, its brilliant.

Just wondering if it is possible to use the values taken from ot_loyalty_discount.php and use them elsewhere in OSC?

Heres an example of what I would like to be able to do:-

In account.php I would like to be able to display something like this:-

"In the last 'month/quarter' you have spent ?XX.XX with us and this entitles you to XX% discount"

So all I need really is the time period, amount spent in that time period and the % discount this entitles the customer to.

All these 3 are available at checkout, but can they be made available in account.php?

I really hope this can be done, please keep in mind that I don't know a lot of php :blush:

Many thanks

Len

• 5 months later...

Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but the contrib even if I de-select shipping to be included in the "total" spent by customers, it still includes shipping costs into the order. I have tried selecting and deselecting the shipping option but shipping is ALWAYS included no matter what. Anyone have this problem or know of a work around?

Customer Loyalty Discount Scheme Module.

The purpose of this order total module is to provide a basic Customer Loyalty Program/Discount Scheme, that rewards customers with discounts against each order based upon the

amount they have spent in prior periods.

This module, at the time of a customer order being placed, totals up the value of all previous orders this customer has placed

over a pre-defined (in admin) rolling period of time and then applies a discount rate to this order according to a table of discount rates also

pre-defined (in admin) that correspond to the amount spent over the rolling period.

For example, in admin you have set the pre-defined rolling period to a month, and set up a table of discounts that gives 5.0% discount if they have spent over ?1000

in the previous month (i.e previous 31 days, not calendar month), or 7.5% if they have spent over ?1500 in the previous month.

I would like to offer my corporate customers a discount when they order. Is there a contibutions available so that you could enter a specific code number and the person placing the order would get, say a 10% discount? Would this contribution work for that purpose?

Thanks,

Matt

I would like to offer my corporate customers a discount when they order.  Is there a contibutions available so that you could enter a specific code number and the person placing the order would get, say a 10% discount?  Would this contribution work for that purpose?

Thanks,

Matt

Look for Credit Class and Gift Voucher contrib, does just what you need.