• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Going live..Need input

beachboy

Since the left column is wide enough for it to fit, you should change General Msde. to General Merchandise and Misc. to Miscellaneous. Air tool & Accessories should probably have the t in tools capitalized.

If possible you should get pictures of your items with transparent backgrounds or backgrounds that match the store. In the What's New box, I can see a white square background around the drill. It should either match the light gray box background or be noticably different.

I would make the Quick Find edit box wider to match the width of the left column. I think you can do this by changing this section of includes/boxes/search.php

tep_draw_input_field('keywords', '', 'size="10" maxlength="30" style="width: ' . (BOX_WIDTH-20) . 'px"')

I think BOX_WIDTH-20 is right when you don't show the the spy glass, so you will need to increase the 20.

Since your user name is beachboy, I assume the shop is owned by you and Ron is right it should be Beachboy's Tool Shack. If it's owned by multiple beach boys it should be Beachboys' Tool Shack. If it's a tool shack for beach boys that's not owned by beach boys it should be like you have it (maybe).

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

beachboy im not meaning anything bad about your site.....im a professional web designer and i put input and give comments so that whom ever owns the site can improve on it.....it was nothing to slam you or the sites owner.....

now the sites looks professionaly done....looks good with the new look and colors.

If Linda ever gets back to me and I can get her center site contrib working that will take care of it..Until then I'm gonna list products and submit to the search engines..Thanks to all of you..

Good God man! It's defined in BOTH the admin and catalog application_top.php. The one in the admin is ONLY for the admin boxes. It won't do a thing for the catalog.
I think it would be nice if osCommerce would use similar but not exactly the same file names. It would avoid some of these difficulties. Having default.php from a subdirectory included in default.php seems a little bad too. Why not have the default.php in the language directories named _default.php or default_defines.php or something slightly different where you could tell it's related, but different. I like the way that in C, the include files are .h instead of .c so you can tell the difference between them.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

rseigel

The line IS NOT in my catalog includes application top!! I've looked at it until my eyes are falling out!! Myabe you have a different version!

You should get something like AgentRansack and let it do the searching. It's eyes don't get tired. :D I don't mean to say you missed it, it's just that something that can search all files down a directory tree for text you want to find is very helpful.

Or you could have added this:

define('BOX_WIDTH', 150); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

to your current /catalog/includes/application_top.php file without having to copy & paste the whole admin file.

If I were you, I would revert back to your old application_top.php (the one that you copied and pasted over) file and just add that line of code. By replacing it with your admin/includes/application_top.php file, there is a chance you will mess other things up.

Archived