• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

Has anyone found a way to use version this to edit the e-mails sent to customers when they create an account or place an order for the order e-mails?

Also...

How can we install a spell checker?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed this contribution on a fresh osCommerce installation. I used the easy installation method and everything installed properly with no error. However, when I go to product description I see only text editor and not HTML editory. My browser is IE 6.0. I have gone through this forum and it appears others had the similar problem but were able to fix it, but I am not sure what the fix is. I am new to this and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone found a way to use version this to edit the e-mails sent to customers when they create an account or place an order for the order e-mails?

Also...

How can we install a spell checker?

Anyone?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I did install the Page Editor contribution where you can edit the information pages on the catalog.

I can't get it WYSIWYG working whit Page Editor :'(

Does anyone know how to get get the HTML WYSIWYG Editor running along whit the Page Editor contribution, I would need a little help, please? :thumbsup:

Link to Page Editor contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2841

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I installed this contribution and it seems to have installed ok.

However, when I go to define mainpage, or to edit a product description I get the WYSIWYG editor but nothing happens - the buttons are all there but clicking on them, changing the font etc makes no difference.

Any ideas? I'm guessing its a javascript/ie/firewall problem - but I am not getting any error messages.

Christine

Hi

I installed this contribution and it seems to have installed ok.

However, when I go to define mainpage, or to edit a product description I get the WYSIWYG editor but nothing happens - the buttons are all there but clicking on them, changing the font etc makes no difference.

Any ideas? I'm guessing its a javascript/ie/firewall problem - but I am not getting any error messages.

Christine

Sorted it - not quite sure what piece of fiddling worked. I put my Internet Options back to default - didn't seem to do anything. Fiddled with the firewall settings - didn't seem to do anything. So I got the latest updates from Microsoft - which rebooted the PC. Now its working - I'm guessing its the reboot not the updates that made the difference!

Christine

I'm having the same problem!  :angry:

If you figure out a solution, please post it here.

Hi all, I've read this all the posts here but have only just discovered this error message so I hope I haven't missed a solution if one was posted.

I too get this error:

Line: 254
CHar: 24
Error 'document.all[...].style' is null or not an object
Code: 0
Url http://www.rslsupplies.co.uk/admin/categories.php?cPath=&cID=22&action=edit_category

Did you find a solution to this?

Everything else works fine and I absolutely love this Contribution but the category image feature is the only thing that seems to be broken on my site.

I found that whilst installing WYSIWYG HTMLAREA I too came across problems. After search throught this forum I found this "solution" (here) and thought everything was OK, or so it seemed.

Now I can set PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA? to Disable and I can upload section graphics. With it Enabled however, I see two image upload buttons/fields?

Thanks

Edited by jofgav

Jonathan Cole

=ASY=jof

I think that something may be very clear in the install instructions for "copy and paste" as I've sinse tried replacing my file /admin/categories.php with the one from HTML WYSIWYG Editor... and now I can successfully upload/assign an image to a category using the Jpsy Image Uploader. However, when creating a new category I still see the basic Browse button which again when I try to choose an image I get the error IMAGE DOES NOT EXIST.

Can anyone help?

Jonathan Cole

=ASY=jof

Just done a clean install on another server.

osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 & WYSIWYG HTMLArea (MULTI-LINGUAL) FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS v1.7 (Internet Explorer 5.5) for osCommerce 2.2MS2 are the only two things that I have installed/changed.

I get the same error.

Jonathan Cole

=ASY=jof

hi,

i just installed this contribution but when i click to category for description .. one pop up open and that says that insertimageurl is not availeable or something like that .. i think i m missing something .. cuz i cant see browse or pic u[ploading button .. eventhou i can see that in product description section..

kindly help me

• 2 weeks later...

I am usining the version 1.7. and I notice that when uploading an image or create a new folder via the image manager, the script makes the file owner or directory owner as 99 and set the image to 655.

If I try to change the permission with ftp on the images uploaded via the image manger, it come back with not allow change error.

Is there I way that I can change these setting so that the script writes different permition owner?

Thanks in advance for any insight

Yiorgis.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

I just installed this great contribution.

There are some faults in the installation instruction readme file.

The support topic link is not working.

And at the

STEP 6.0 --> OPEN: /catalog/includes/languages/(your - language)/mail.php

the right path is

STEP 6.0 --> OPEN: /admin/includes/languages/(your - language)/mail.php

I've got an error message in the admin part after click on the catalog/categories&products:

WYSIWYG_HTMLArea_error.jpg

Would any of you mind to take a look on this?

hi there,

i have the same problem. did u get solved your problem? if yes, can you tell me how to do it? :( :'(

Edited by Angeloid

I have installed this contribution (which is GREAT), but when I draft an HTML email or newsletter and preview or send it I get a repeat of my table layout without content above the layout of the page I want. ie, I get an extra table layout inserted for no reason. I have checked the code of the page and all is fine. I cant see where/why it would be doing this.

I am using version 2.2 on a Unix server.

Can anyone help?

Best thing to do is tell them to trash the Mac's and get real computers. :P "The beginning of all problems start when you use a Mac"

Hi ,

I have read every post in the forum dealing with WYSIYWIG (wizziewig) 1.7.

Everything works but when clicking on the button to add an image either in the product description or the one for teh product itself, it brings up the Jypsy dialogue box, it shows the root image directory, all sub dir's as well as all images inside the /catalog/images/ dir. I have the permissions set to 777.

When I click on a folder, I cannot enter the folder. I can add a new folder, but cannot then delete it.. I can add a new image, but again, I cannot delete.

When I click on an image to preview, nothing happens. I wish I were getting a script error or something but am left clueless. I tried turning on the debug for the editor but nothing....

I have the same contrib installed on another server and it works great. I have gone through the install instrucitons twice, and all is good....

Thanks for any help. I hope someone has tackled this problem before. I can't find anything in the threads.

TYIA :thumbsup:

ps - ignore my quote in the above thread :-" I was trying to be funny in another post and it got misplaced.... cant edit my quotes in this forum either, so sorry to the guy whos post it got added to you.... :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

Angeloid, there is a mistake in the install file, it says to add the code under the bit you find but this is incorrect.

The best thing is to check your if statement where the code is but it should look somewhat like this:

} else { // create category/product info

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . EMPTY_CATEGORY . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS);

}

break;

}

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {

echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;

echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";

// Add neccessary JS for WYSIWYG editor of category image

if($action=='edit_category'){

if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE != 'Disable'){

echo '

<script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>

var config = new Object();  // create new config object

config.width  = "250px";

config.height = "35px";

config.bodyStyle = "background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;";

config.debug = ' . HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DEBUG . ';

config.toolbar = [ ["InsertImageURL"] ];

config.OscImageRoot = "' . trim(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES) . '";

editor_generate("categories_image",config);

</script>

';

}

}

}

?>

This will fix your display issue ..not sure about the javascript error though

Using the 1.8 version of this contribution I ran into a small problem

In line 47 of admin/mail.php i get an error telling me that the function do not exists : $mimemessage->add_html_newsletter($message);

If i replace this by add_html it works. However I noticed that this add_html_newletter function does exists in classes/email.php. So obviously I don use that class .. Any ideas or was it just an error in mail.php ?

The other problem I am running into is with the layout of my mail or newsletter if I include a table.

If I send something with a table in it, it add a large gap just before the table and i have no idea why. Anyone got a clue abut this ?

To start let me say this is one of the best contributions for osC.

I have been searching for an example of "Link To File" file manager that is used with HTML WYSIWYG V1.7 By Lee Nielsen : MaxiDVD. I have read where it talks about the extra uses that it could be used for. And I have a simple application for Link to File that I am trying to do.

What I would like is to be able to call "Link to File" from the Products URL: field the same way Jypsy calls the image manager from the Products Image: field.

Has any one seen or heard of any other use of Link to File. That you could point me to.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

If only I could remember that.

Using the 1.8 version of this contribution I ran into a small problem

In line 47 of admin/mail.php i get an error telling me that the function do not exists : $mimemessage->add_html_newsletter($message);

If i replace this by add_html it works. However I noticed that this add_html_newletter function does exists in classes/email.php. So obviously I don use that class .. Any ideas or was it just an error in mail.php ?

The other problem I am running into is with the layout of my mail or newsletter if I include a table.

If I send something with a table in it, it add a large gap just before the table and i have no idea why. Anyone got a clue abut this ?

I have exactly the same problem and it drives me crazy.

Using tables in emails and newsletters causes large white areas before the table. It looks nice just before you hit the 'send email' button, but when it arrives in your mailbox its very long and stretched.

What's wrong, please somebody help? I'm ashamed to send this to my customers, but right now I have to...

I have exactly the same problem and it drives me crazy.

Using tables in emails and newsletters causes large white areas before the table. It looks nice just before you hit the 'send email' button, but when it arrives in your mailbox its very long and stretched.

What's wrong, please somebody help? I'm ashamed to send this to my customers, but right now I have to...

There was a very good explanation how to fix this on this board but I do not remember where. So bear with me on my memory of the statement.

What is happing the mail and newsletter code is translating the new lines you use to form your message wrong. The work around is to have just a stream of data with no new lines.

Example:

This is a normal email layout.

Dear Sir,

It has been a long time since we have spoke.

This email is to contact you in reference to a show that we are having in your city.

Please replay to this email if you are able to join us.

This is how you should insert it into osc email newletter.

Dear Sir,It has been a long time since we have spoke.This email is to contact you in reference to a show that we are having in your city.Please replay to this email if you are able to join us.

To my knowledge no one has fixed the code. If you find that someone has fixed the new line errors. Post the fix.

If only I could remember that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - I have spent hours researching two problems with my WYSIWYG 1.7 editor.

1. When I am trying to upload an image I get an error "File "image.jpg" could not be created" This could be that I don't know what I'm doing and have not created a directory or something. I have permissions set on all image files to 777 but I do not understand where Images Root is located or how it is to be used.

2. When I go to the Configuration section in admin and select WYSIWYG in the box all is well. But when I selct the Information Pages Advanced or Basic option It does not give me the option. And when I update it removes all options. I have to go directly to the configuration table and re add either basic or advanced to get it back.

I apologize if these questions have been answered long ago, but I am getting weary of the reasearch. Hope someone can help. :(

Rick

Answer question 1:

Images-root = catalog/images

The images "folder" needs permission 777

I pretty much guessed that. I don't undersanad why I get the "File Could not be created" message. When I browse, of course, I am looking at my local hard drive. I am guessing that the funtion is supposed to load your local .jpg to the server. Is that correct? If so, what could be the problem with my setup. I do have permissions set to 777 on the images file. Thanks for responding. :huh:

Edited by RGStephens