• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

I have tried unsuccessfully to get the HTML, TITLE, STYLE, and BODY tags included within the code of the email content. Without it emails are likely to be treated as spam by valid opt-in subscribers. Does anyone know how to configure WYSIWYG to include these items within the content field of the newsletter table? Are there any other suggestions as a work around? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I installed everything and the only part that did not seem to match up with the directions was

STEP 1.5 --> OPEN: catalog/default.php (or index.php)

Look for this around line 32:

<tr>

<td class="main"><br><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

And replace that line with this:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

</tr>

The only place I found the info to replace was around line307 and I went ahead and did so. Now I am getting the following error messages

on the site page I am getting this

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/mainpage.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/station/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/mainpage.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/station/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 307

on my admin page I am getting this

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

BOTTOM

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

When I go in to edit a item the wysiwyg editor shows up so it seems to have installed ok but I have yet to check out and see if it is working correctly.

Well if anyone can help it would make my day. Thanks ahead of time of any ideas.

Richard

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

Well a couple of updates. I changed the lines in the index.php back to

<tr>

</tr>

and the error message on the main site page went away. I still have the same error messages in the admin section. I also tried to see if the editor was working and it seems to be doing so as I will se the changes in the product description though when I click on update all I get is a bunch of error messages listed below.

Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /home/station/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Warning: Unknown(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

I am also getting these error messages when I try to change anything else in the admin section like an email address. The change will take effect but I go to a page with nothing but the error messages on it.

Richard

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

Jack_mcs

Are you using Internet Explore 5.5 or above, I dont know why it does that on yours.

I have tried unsuccessfully to get the HTML, TITLE, STYLE, and BODY tags included within the code of the email content. Without it emails are likely to be treated as spam by valid opt-in subscribers. Does anyone know how to configure WYSIWYG to include these items within the content field of the newsletter table? Are there any other suggestions as a work around? 

cleopas

The best alternative for you is to Disable the HTMLArea on the emails, write the email in some html editor "frontpage ect." paste the new HTML content directly into the email box.. and in the admin of oscommerce:

admin -> configuration -> email options -> Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails = true,

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails

Send e-mails in HTML format

you will need to turn that true when you send HTML email via the standard osCommerce email, then set it back to false when finished sendind email - because customer purchase email/invioce links wont work with it set to true.

its a work around..

I will look into it more when I get a spare minute.

ozcsys

the 1st error above indicates the file is not there.. and with FTp or file manage CHMOD it to 777 so the script can read and write to the file.

This would be correct:

STEP 1.5 --> OPEN: catalog/default.php (or index.php)

Look for this around line 32:

<tr>

</tr>

And replace that line with this:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFINE_MAINPAGE); ?></td>

</tr>

The only place I found the info to replace was around line307 and I went ahead and did so. Now I am getting the following error messages

make sure that you uploaded (mainpage.php) that file into

includes/languages/english/mainpage.php

The second error you have in your admin suggest to me that your are not using a MS2 release of osCommerce or there is a clash between another contribution and the HTMLarea contrib?.

Cheers MaxiDVD

ozcsys

the 1st error above indicates the file is not there.. and with FTp or file manage CHMOD it to 777 so the script can read and write to the file.

The second error you have in your admin suggest to me that your are not using a MS2 release of osCommerce or there is a clash between another contribution and the HTMLarea contrib?.

Cheers MaxiDVD

I changed the permissions to 777 and now that part works.

Thanks

Could some of the other error messages be permission related? I did not see anything in the instructions about what all the files needed to be set at. The contribution seems to be working in the sense that if I make changes they seem to take affect on the site but the admin area is all crazy with the error messages and pages.

Well thanks for the help

Richard

ozcsys

No the admin side isnt permission related, it is something to do with the session_start(): (this error is not in sessions.php or general.php - unless you modified them)

Its has to do with "a file" you have modified somewhere, my suggestion would be to back track and unistall the HTMLArea from admin side by reading the instructions backwards and continually save each step and check the admin section online as you go - this should isolate the problem to a smaller managable area..

sorry im not real good with session errors.

Cheers MaxiDVD

ozcsys

No the admin side isnt permission related, it is something to do with the session_start(): (this error is not in sessions.php or general.php - unless you modified them)

Its has to do with "a file" you have modified somewhere, my suggestion would be to back track and unistall the HTMLArea from admin side by reading the instructions backwards and continually save each step and check the admin section online as you go - this should isolate the problem to a smaller managable area..

sorry im not real good with session errors.

Cheers MaxiDVD

I was already trying that and it was no help. I then went ahead and deleted and reuploaded my complete admin section and just replaced the config.php file with the one I was using and I still get the same error messages. Very odd. I thought for sure that would fix the problem. Oh well my database is backed up even if I did not back up all my files before changing things. Thanks for the help.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

I installed this mod and everything except the mainpage.php seems to work. When I goto admin -> define mainpage I get an error.

Define Main page  English

ERROR_FILE_NOT_WRITEABLE

mainpage.php

however the user I am loged in as does have full read write access to the file.

also the catalog/default.php messes my site up. I believe the two are related right?

the mainpage.php defines the default.php page?

thanks

jeffjb

Connect to your website with your FTP client or File manger

goto:

catalog/includes/languages/(your-language)/mainpage.php

Change the permission by CHMOD (ftp program) to 777 or wrxwrxwrx

yes the error will also cause default.php to look wrong.

Lee

Thank you Lee... This mod makes the newsletter and emails look great. that did fix my issue. Does the admin gui not pass your current user info to the files? Since my admin account has root rights I thought it could do whatever.

Anyway thank you.

I have a strange problem using WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7.

I can create and delete folders within /images/ , but I can't upload

any pictures.

The folders get "755"-permissions, I need them to have "777".

Any solution?

I had this problem, I found it was looking for the images in javascript/images folder. Look carefully at your images and then ftp to the javascript/images folder and see if the files look the same.

I havent worked out how to fix this yet, however you could chmod the folder 777 and then set the images directory in the configure.php to point to javascript/images.

Not a great solution but a temp workaround.

• 3 weeks later...

Terrific contribution, using this for e-mail. Followed direction and everything works great. Only had to change /popup/config.inc.php

define("IMAGE_DIR", trim('/full/os/path/to/images/'));

define("IMAGE_URL", trim('/images/'));

define("NETPBM_DIR", trim('/full/os/path/to/images/'));

Thanks

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've followed the step by step instructions included in WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7

However I'm having the following problems:

-image root and SSL

-categories image doesnt look as it should, e.g no top-left icon or even the usual looking box

-javascript error: document.all not defined

-newsletters.php the editor isn't displaying at all and the above script error is occuring

Any pointers to resolving any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg.

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand." -- Albert Einstein

-image root and SSL

-categories image doesnt look as it should, e.g no top-left icon or even the usual looking box

-javascript error: document.all not defined

-newsletters.php the editor isn't displaying at all and the above script error is occuring

Ok, I got the categories image one working, it was an error on my part.

But newsletter textarea ('content') is still acting up, this behaviour seems to have some association to the script error msg?

Did it work first time for others?

Ok,

Been through the thread and there seems to be no previous mention of the conflict occuring in newsletters.php where the textarea is named 'content' by osC default, however I noticed that if it was changed to 'content1' then the editor would display itself.

Lee, I also saw your post about the ImageEditor, I downloaded the zip, but what happens next, do I just simply copy over the ImageEditor directory into popups. I can't test this on my local server due to an issue with the server, i.e. access denied. Can I assume that it will work?

Thanks.

Hi,

Ok, had to force a workaround for the 'content' textarea name. Also uploading the ImageEditor into popups seemed to auto-magically work :)

One other question though, when listing the images, they're not in alpabetical order, is this usual?

All in all, this is a great contrib, Many Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

:( Hi

After installing WYSIWYG the image upload for product-categories doesn't work anymore!? everything else works fine!!!

there is a runtime-error occuring - i think there should be loaded the html area picture upload funcionality, but it doesn't - in the categories menu all looks like before wysiwyg ...

can anybody help me solving this problem!?

THX ;)

zweilicht

• 2 weeks later...
hi it me again :oops: ,

i hav e just noticed that i can not set the min and max settings for my store :shock: normaly it look`s like

admin_box_1.gif

but in mine it look`s like

admin_box_2.gif

i click on configuration and it does not fold out.

i searched everywhere but i cant seem to find the bug :x

please help :cry:

I am having the exact same problem after installing MaxDVD HTML Editor and UltraPics. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I deleted the configuration and configuration_group tables in the mysql db and reloaded the original sql and then the for the mod. Problems solved.

Wow! This is my first time ever messing with mysql tables and I think I did a fairly good job. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

The stylesheet classes don't seem to work for me in the html editor. From examining the source, the class statement is given as class=boxText. I think this should be class="boxText", so I'm loosing quotes somewhere! I've tried to edit in manually using the editor in html mode, but my mode just get changed back. As any one else had this problem, or am I alone?

Also, I'm still getting 'This page contain secure and nonsecure items' when I load any of the html editors - I'm using a shared SSL server to access admin. Am I alone on this one too?

cheers

Simon