• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] HTML WYSIWYG Editor for Product Desc, MS1 2.2

Tekkno_K

Open mainpage.php with notepad or other editing program.

catalog/includes/languages/german/mainpage.php

Delete everything on the page, make it blank and then save it again.

Cheers MaxiDVD :D

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really nice module!! The more I work with it, the more I like it!

But one little thing.

When I open the the Image Editor, the popup box isn't quite large enough. The "Cancel" button at the bottom is barely visable. Where/what file can I edit to make the height a little larger?

Thanks again!!

Hello All,

I'm getting the SQL error:

SQL-query :  

NSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible ) VALUES (

'396', 'WYSIWYG Editor 1.7', 'HTMLArea 1.7 Options', '15', '1'
) 

MySQL said: 

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'NSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_titl' at line 1
Back

any ideas?.

I had to use a different ID but even when I was using the prepackage ID i still got ther same error.

any help would be a huge thatnks,

thanks all,

BTW... thanks lee!!! great contrib

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

I copied the error without the INSERT.

SQL-query :  

INSERT INTO `configuration` ( `configuration_id` , `configuration_title` , `configuration_key` , `configuration_value` , `configuration_description` , `configuration_group_id` , `sort_order` , `last_modified` , `date_added` , `use_function` , `set_function` ) 
VALUES (

'', 'PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS use WYSIWYG HTMLAREA?', 'HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE', 'Enable', 'Enable/Disable WYSIWYG box', 397, 0, now( ) , now( ) , NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Enable\', \'Disable\'),'
) 

MySQL said: 

You have an error in your SQL syntax near '`configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`,' at line 1
Back

<span style='font-family:Courier'>If you can't fix it Perl it!!!...</span>

Is the HTMLarea software used in this contrib the download available from htmlarea site? I want to use this HTMLarea in another OS contrib I am building, but the one i downloaded from HTMLarea didnt seem as functional as the one that is included in this contrib :)

Where can i get this version of HTMLarea only?

Hi,

I have installed "information pages unlimited and WYSIWYG " contribution, I have searched and searched but can not find the info on making these 2 contribution work together, I went back 20 or so pages and still no luck...

what u do is, // comment out all the unwanted pages like mainpage, privacy, shipping, conditions from catalog/includes/boxes/information.php and then install "information pages unlimited" contribution, you will find all instructions in this forum as discussed a few times on how to combine the two contributions..

Please can anyone tell me how to combine the two contributions.

Thank you,

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Hi folks,

i just installed this wonderful contribution and what should i say ?

I'ts fanatastic ! Thanks a lot, Lee ! (and ispy of course)

I still have three little problems and I can't really figure out, where to look.

1. When using the image uploader i get a popup message :

Internet Explorer Script Error

Line 35

Char 4

Error Access denied

Url : http:// .......

All files and directories are switched to chmod 777

2. when using the link-to-file feature, the generated link looks like :

http://www.mydomain.de/download//pic.jpg

it doubles the '/' and misses the /catalog/ as there is my directory 'download'

I guess it relates to the setting made in config.inc.php, but after reading the whole thread, I really don't know where to start :blink:

3. I installed the 'Replace Product Image Uploader v0.1' but i can't find where to switch it on. If I add a new Product, there ist the HTMLArea and everthing works fine, but I still have to upload my files 'the old way'

Any hints ?

Thank you guys, you're doing a great job !

Yeah, this is version 2.0 HTMLArea, it can be downloaded from the main website.

They have a new version 3.0, you may have downloaded that instead.

Thanks for that Lee, the version I looked at, the add image section didnt offer no where near as much functionality and it didnt offer the ability to upload a pic!! I will take a look at v2 :)

Hey...

I have installed the editor, and it works great.. It really looks good...

But I have a problem.. When I try to upload a picture or make a folder itgives me an error. - File "filename" could nt be created...

Can anyone help.. Im running MS2, I really want this to work, so please help?

Best regards

Olzen

/Olzen

Define_mainpage problem with ssl and non ssl :

If you are with two server, one on ssl and on on nonssl, defin_mainpage write only on ssl. The problem is developp a code :

If you are no ssl : no change

If you are ssl : no change

If you are ssl and nonssl : write mainpage in ssl and non ssl directory

I am not a developper but i studied the code of mainpage. Here my observations and my proposition to developp a new code on mainpage.php with include ssl and nonssl

Could you help me to develop a new code on these observations :

Regards

######################################################################

The identified files in configure.php and mainpage.php

admin/includes/Configure.php

example with admin is in ssl and catalog is in nonssl in admin/includes/configure.php:

?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpsdocs/catalog/'); // absolute path required

httpdocs=ssl

httpdoc=nonssl

?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

Original (if admin=nonssl and catalog=nonssl or admin=ssl and catalog=ssl only): No change

line 45 at 47 (Files identifiction)

? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

line 133 / 135 (130/148) Write mode verification

? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ?} else {
? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

line 227 : Save the modification

? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER, 'current_path=' . DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_file_manager.gif', IMAGE_FILE_MANAGER) . '</a>'; ?></td>

[/code]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My proposition if the catalog is included in ssl and nonssl

include in configure.php

?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_NONSSL', '/catalog/'); // absolute path required
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_NONSSL', '/home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/httpdoc/catalog/'); // absolute path required

[/code]

httpdoc = nonssl

?define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
?define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

[/code]

if admin=ssl and catalog=nonssl then write mainpage in ssl and mainpage nonssl

line 45 at 47 ((Files identifiction)

? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

+

line 45 at 47 (idenitification du fichier)

? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

line 133 / 135 (130/148) Write mode verification

? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ?} else {
? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];

+

line 133 / 135 (130/148) Files write verification

? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename'];
? ?} else {
? ? ?$file = DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir'] . '/' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['filename']; ?

line 227 : Save the modification

? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER, 'current_path=' . DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_file_manager.gif', IMAGE_FILE_MANAGER) . '</a>'; ?></td>

+

? ? ? ? ? ?<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FILE_MANAGER, 'current_path=' . DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES_NONSSL . $HTTP_GET_VARS['lngdir']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_file_manager.gif', IMAGE_FILE_MANAGER) . '</a>'; ?></td>

#############################################################################

Edited by Gyakutsuki

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

Hi folks,

I applied the contibution again and I solved the scripting problem.

The only problem that occurs is when using the insert image feature. I can see my images folder and after selecting a pic, the "image URL" isn't updated, so I get the error message "image ULR must be specified".

My admin folder is in the same folder as the catalog folder but the settings in "config.inc.php" seem to match my system-settings.

Does anyone has a clue where to look ? Do I have to change the folder setting in config.inc.php ?

Thanks

Achim

I found a bug in this contributions:

If some products'Discriptions not add by WYSIWYG(like add by Quick_ADD_Products contribution or the default products in the installation of OS package), they will not be display in WYSIWYG's discription edit field.

IF you updata, WYSIWYG's will clear the old discriptions which not added by WYSIWYG

please check it!

Hi,

I convert my OsC to XHTML compatible. I get some problem with tags in HTMLAREA editor (not the real problem), like <P>, <BR>, <HR>, etc... not <p>, <br>, <hr>...

Anyone know how to make all html tag to lowercase?

Thank's

zaenal

Hi,

I convert my OsC to XHTML compatible. I get some problem with tags in HTMLAREA editor (not the real problem), like <P>, <BR>, <HR>, etc... not <p>, <br>, <hr>...

Thank's

zaenal

Also to make doblequotes when inserting image, like (img src="file.gif" border="0" alt="image"... >

Thank's,

zaenal

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked, but I searched and didn't see an answer.

How hard would it be to implement this mod to the shipping, privacy and conditions infobox's? Has anyone done this?

I tried to hack together a way to do this from the code given, but my beginner programming skills couldn't work it out.

I would find this extremely useful.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Regards,

Wayne

The new version of HTMLArea (3.0 Beta) now XHTML compliant.

Hi,

I convert my OsC to XHTML compatible. ...

Hi i got every thing working!!

Its a great contrib?? Thanks Maxidvd

But i got one error?? The image uploade.

I can delete images and do everything else but not uploade :(

This is the setup config.inc.php:

define("IMAGE_DIR", trim(DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES));

define("IMAGE_URL", trim(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES));

File test.gif could not be created??

And yes the right permissions is set on the image folder!

I have tried everything?

Could it be the funktion for uploading? I got the funktion tep_get_uploaded_file in funktions/general.php and my version of WYSIWYG is the latest 1.7.

Where is the image uploade funktion in the WYSIWYG 1.7??

I know this question has be ask before but i spent 3 hours now looking through the hole string, and tried everything.... arggggggggg

hope for a reply to this.

Thanks

Well back again

I tryid to install a brand new 2.2-MS2 shop with this WYSIWYG 1.7 contrib (clean install)

On a Windows 2000 server. Works perfect!

Copy the lot to my linux server an boom! (of course i change the config for the shop)

Image could not be uploaded (1.jpg could not be created)

I tryid to set permissions for the hole folder wide open but NO GO :(

Does anybody know about this problem??

The feature uploade exstra pictures for products work perfect so the folder images is writeable, and it is possible to uploade pectures but not with this contrib.

The desperate one..............

Edited by exstream

Hi,

I'm using WYSIWYG HTMLArea v1.7 for MS2, I am having a problem with the linktofile function. I can upload the file, and I can browse files correctly, but when the anchor tag is created in the description, the url is incorrect. My store is located in www.mydomain.com/catalog/ and the downloads are in www.mydomain.com/catalog/download/ just as the default is, but when the URL to the file is created, it is created like: http://www.mydomain.com/download//file.pdf. It misses the "catalog" dir.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

I just downloaded 2.2MS2 V1.7. However, I'm not getting any htmlarea editing fields. Just the same old plain fields. Also, there is not a define mainpage link in the category field.

I did the simple install on a fresh install (copy new catalog file over old one).

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Edited by bishop

Are you using newer version of Internet Explorer? The htmlarea buttons won't show up if you are using a different browser. 'Define MainPage' should be in the links under the 'Catalog' heading in the left column. Make sure that there is a line in /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php that defines this link.

I just realized that my host installed the admin area outside of the catalog page.

(ie; domainname.com/admin instead of domainname.com/catalog/admin ). Are there any adjustments that need to be made in the module code to make this work?

When I go into my admin area everything is looking fine but it does not update pages.

Thanks