• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shoppe Enhancement Controller

Am I correct in understanding Shoppe Enhancement Controller is an all-inclusive package? I have a simple requirement to not show prices (Call for Price) on a B2B site. This requirement is what lead me to Free-Call-for-Price and then to SEC.

Frankly, I am a little intimidated by the magnitude of this contribution! :shock: Maybe if I had a little more experience I would not be.

Am I OK installing SEC on V2.2 MS1?

Gary

Gary

there are 2 or 3 major threads regarding SEC in this Contributions forum/thread that I would recommend you read so you can get yourself up to speed on what will and what will not work (SEC and MS1 will not work)

A Call for Price system is not really difficult to build into any snapshot of oscommerce.

It can be done via the price itself or via a new field added to the products table.

A few changes are needed to turn off the abililty to purchase the product and show that they should call for price and perhaps make that a link to the contact_us.php page.

After installing osCommerce into our web site, we found that some of our suppliers had

issues
with being able to sell their items online. Therefore, I added an additional field to the products table (products_allow_sale) as a 0 or 1 field. Then anywhere the In Cart link was displayed, I added the necessary mySQL logic and PHP logic to check the value and display the button or some pre-defined text in a language file.

The hardest part was finding all the PHP scripts where the In Cart button was made available.

We then expanded this logic to wrap around the Buy Now button.

Andy

Ontario, Canada

=======================

Andy Wood - Stereo Connection

Ontario, Canada

=======================