• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"InfoPages" and/or "unlimites pages" la

webmonk

Hello,

Did anyone ever try to use one of these contributions (1026 and 1040) on a multilingual site? because I did and the information pages appear in the Information box or whatever is it named on the frontpage, regardless the language: they appear all!

The 'information' or 'infopages' table in the database has a "language" and not a 'language_id' field, where the language appear in clear, not coded (i.e. 'english' noit '1')

I don't go further with this issue, until I get some answer here. So, please! Any answer will be highly appreciated :-)

Thanks !

Aloha!

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Did anyone ever try to use one of these contributions (1026 and 1040) on a multilingual site? because I did and the information pages appear in the Information box or whatever is it named on the frontpage, regardless the language: they appear all!

The 'information' or 'infopages' table in the database has a "language" and not a 'language_id' field, where the language appear in clear, not coded (i.e. 'english' noit '1')

I don't go further with this issue, until I get some answer here. So, please! Any answer will be highly appreciated :-)

Thanks !

I did :( (contribution 1026-Information Pages Unlimited 1.1D)

and have the same problem.

Must be a problem with session or name of column in database.

J.

Thanks !

Here you go.

Try this one (1026):

http://www.oscommerce.com/contributions/in...imited_1.1e.zip

it is small hack I've done to v1.1d, it could be done more nicely but with my little knowledge of php/mysql it is the best I can.

J.

I just installed the 'information_pages_unlimited_1.1e' contribution. It seems to be working fine except for one small visual bug.

Below the information box, against the left side of the browser, is the number '1'.

I know this is a top contribution, but still, I'd like to get ride of the number. Anyone got any ideas where it came from? Or, more importantly, how to get rid of it?

... Below the information box, against the left side of the browser, is the number '1'.  

I know this is a top contribution, but still, I'd like to get ride of the number. Anyone got any ideas where it came from? Or, more importantly, how to get rid of it?

In /catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

get rid of this:

<?=$languages_id;?>

same in /admin/information_manager.php

somewhere around line 66 change from:

<tr><td align=right><?php echo $languages_id; ?></td></tr>

to this

<tr><td align=right> </td></tr>

I had those lines just for debuging.

J.

• 1 month later...

azer,

If by 'pages unlimted' you are refering to 'Information Pages Unlimited' then 'Tab Pages Unlimited' and 'Information Pages Unlimited' are basicly the same contribution. I reworked Information Pages Unlimted so that it would work from a tab menu type system rather than from a column box.

I have both installed on my test site:

http://www.sfoust.net/catalog/

Tab Pages Unlimted is... well... the tab bar at the top and Information Pages Unlimited is the column box in the lower left corner labeled 'Information'.

You may notice that the 'Classes' tab has links to several internal pages. This is showing unfinished code that allows links to disabled pages. I'll post it as an update when it is ready.

Here is a screen shot of Tab Page's edit screen in admin with the optional WYSIWYG system in stalled.

TabPagesUnlimited.jpg

wow i coulndt ask for a better explaination ..

so if i install the tab unlimited and have tab and information box, if i decided after to have only the box , and no more the tab , can i desactivate the tab and still have the box with the links working ?

MS2

azer,

Yes, if you deactivate (or delete) all the pages from 'Tab Pages Unlimited', no tab's will be displayed. It will appear as thought the contribution was never installed.

'Tab Pages Unlimited' and 'Information Pages Unlimited' are two totally separate contributions. What you do with one will not effect the other.

Scott.

i maybe asked not very clearly my question , i hoped that u write only one time the info , and then u choose to show them both in a box and with the tabs ... or only in the tabs n o more in a sidebox , or opposite

MS2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

I just have a question for TPU (Tab Pages Unlimited). I am using it in a test-environment at the moment and it is working fine. Just want to hyperlink some tabs to existing catalogue pages like /catalog or a category within that category.

Is this possible ?

I have used html onload and redirect functions within the body of the tab, and it works, but then the tab is de-selected ofcourse and it is not really clean and smooth.

Does anybody know where I can adjust or enter this info on the admin side?

And if so could you be so kind enough to share a sample TITLE and/or DESCRIPTION line with me please ?

Thanks,

Damunsta :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56091&st=0

see my post there

it says why the multilungage doent work for Information Pages Unlimited v1.1 g

also there is no html editor in it

seems tab unlimited have one , is it multilingual also and working full yin ms1?

by the way how do u insert in the information a variable like :

. STORE_NAME . ' s\'engage aupr?s de vous, visiteurs et clients de notre site, afin de vous garantir la confidentialit? des informations personnelles que vous nous fournissez

MS2

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry fot the late reply Azer,

Have been busy with a complete Network setup for a while now B) (phew) finally back to developing Shop.

it says why the multilungage doent work for Information Pages Unlimited v1.1 g

also there is no html editor in it

seems tab unlimited have one , is it multilingual also and working full yin ms1?

Tab Pages Unlimited works multilingually in text mode and does work fine in MS1, but for full graphical effects I advise the use of Graphical Tabs in which case you will have to make them yourself both selected and de-selected versions with your language tags on them using for example Adobe Photoshop.

Currently I am testing a new install with OSC2.2MS2 with STS and loads of other contibutions and investigating whether there is a TAB add-on compatible with STS.

Don't exactly understand what you mean with your question:

by the way how do u insert in the information a variable like :

CODE 

. STORE_NAME . ' s\'engage aupr?s de vous, visiteurs et clients de notre site, afin de vous garantir la confidentialit? des informations personnelles que vous nous fournissez

Please clarify what you mean with that and I will humbly try to answer...

Mun ;)

trying to get info pages 1.1g installed and working but the instructions seem to lead you into different folder file placement.

When you run the files they aren't where the code is supposed to see them?

Anyway got over that by moving the files into where they are being called from and I get this:

Information ERROR: Unknown column 'languages_id' in 'where clause'

anyone ideas on this little problem? :(

Right one last problem I hope?

I get this fatal error now any pointers appreciated. :huh:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home/apetest/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 74

Edited by Pnop

Right one last problem I hope?

I get this fatal error now any pointers appreciated. :huh:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home/apetest/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/language.php on line 74

Anyone comment on this please?