• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can we a OSC will all the best mods included

Ok just an idea i have been using osc for a quite along time now and one of the things that has got to me is all the people who have to do the same thing over and over agian

1) can we come up with a OSC_MS1_WITH_MODS

2) Choose the best contrabutions and build them into it

3) Have the option to turn them one and off in admin ie (boxes make them green/red light with right left options) then add all the boxs that are avalible in

also all the clever mods that people do to the shop build them in

just an idea hope you like it

if start coming up with ideas and how we will do this

i will provide a site with ftp to test it on and if anyone whats to going in give me a shout [email protected] would one of the main osc devs like to take the lead as you know how all this should be done

Why reinvent the wheel

load 5 doesnt have so much contribution, for a lot of people it s a base for osc ... i think we could post one snapshot with all the best contribution installed ...

the thing is just to define wich one we should had , or maybe make a customisable shop with contribution that can be disabled in the admin ... :idea:

MS2

What you are probably asking for is a SUPEROSC with all of the mods loaded and with the ability to turn them on or off depending on the site need.

I am sure we could do it with a stable release 2.2MS2? MS3? and some time and money. I would do it if the price was right?!? It would be a very big job. Ask Ajeh. She has done such a terrific job with the SEC(Shoppe Enhancement Controller). It has many of the best mods loaded into one big mod. All you really need is a clean 5/18 release and add her mod and voila.

It would really be a big job. It will take me at least a whole week to recreate my heavily modded site www.busfish.com (the new test site is at www.turetsky.com).

Would love to help contribute towards this endeavor when MS2 is released.

We on the topic of paying for it i have never charged anyone for my help so i am not going to start paying for it.

What is needed

1) We need a list of mods to go in

2) People who will help put it together (im there but am not around enought to manage it)

4) Someone to be the cordinator

3) A server to work on (done) Mine

Wish List

Another thing that would be cool would be to splice AWF in as a front end

Why reinvent the wheel