• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Category and Menu tabs V2.x

Download location: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1270

This update combines category tabs and menu tabs contributions I have written and modified.

I have added admin screen with a number of configuration parameters so the average user

does not have to edit code to change the look and feel of the contibution.

Cat_Menu tab is published as a stand alone contribution Version 2.0a, if you have thema

installed Version 2.0b. A version for Theme by Paul Langford will be developed

Version 2.0c.

I have included a few of other tabs in the alt tabs directory they are different styles

and colors. To use them simple copy the 6 images over those in the images/tabs. the tab

is formed from three images a left middle and right. each button is on or off which is

detected in the script. These have not been updated since version 1.x.

Features:

Current page is indicated by a different color text label and alternate tab.

Use language system of OSC.

Mouse over: move your mouse over the tab and the text will change colors. Netscape 4.x this

is not working.

Can turn on and off tabs in admin.

Can add and edit tabs in admin

Has a number of tabs pre loaded with translations (note: admin labels currently only english)

single row or multiple rows of category and menu tabs.

can assign buttons to row of choice.

change order of tabs.

category tabs and menu tabs use same images if you use catagory tabs included.

the following are new features added:

admin screen was added to change these configuration variables.

4 basic layout styles added.

1. Menu then category tabs in seperate blocks.

2. Category then menu tabs in seperate blocks.

3. Menu then category tabs as one continous string.

4. Category then menu tabs as one continous string.

menu tabs configuration for layouts 1 and 2

can turn on and off with in admin screen

set postition , left, center or right of tab set.

number of spaces between tabs.

add Background color behind tabs

when configuring layout 3 and 4 hide look and feel configuration in menutab.

Category and menu tab configuration

select one of four layout styles

number of blank tabs between category and menu tabs sets

for layouts 3 and 4 can specify number of tabs per row

number of tabs in a row for layout 3 and 4 layouts.

multiple configurations available selectable in admin,

configuration can be activated or deactivated as needed

add Background color behind tabs

number of spaces between tabs

rewrite of category code to make to be more like menu tab

can have tabs be left, center, right justified

If a configuration parameter is not need by a layout, it will not appear on the admin screen

It appears to work with IE 5.0 and higher , Netscape 4.7x, 6.0 and higher, mozilla 1.0 and higher.

In mozilla there is a slight rendering error on the bottom side ot the tabs.

The demo will be the location of the future store currently you will not be charged,

but at some time in the future you go there I would not purchase anything.

Demo location:

Known problem:

Slight rendering problem in Netscape and Mozilla when adding spaces between tabs

features that didn't make it into this version:

get hide a category working if still used by other contributions.

create how to instructions as html and/or pdf (Started but it will be a large file)

create the ability to overlab tabs

display sub menu and sub categories as tabs

select pre-defined image for tab sets from the admin

way to have admin view configuration and design but not let customer see untill active.

add the ability for store owner to add there own layouts

add the abillity for store owners to add their own image tabs from the admin

Download location: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1270

• 1 month later...

I am using the hteme version of this and have a big problem. When the menu tab is set to inactive - the categories still appear where the menu would be.

That should not be the case right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the mod, it's really helpful. I seem to be having a problem with the menu tabs not hanging onto their SID's.

Everytime a user clicks a link from a menu tab, they get a new session ID.

I was hoping you could help me out here, or at least give me a step in the right direction and let me know which files I have to edit.

Thanks!

Jeff

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I also encountered the problem.. customer session id lost when clicking the new products and some other links..

i did the following then it likes work..

Edit: menu_tab.php, cat_tab3.php , cat_tab4.php under

catalog/includes/

change

if ($onpagem == 1 ){
         echo '<td valign="top" BACKGROUND="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'tabs/tab_middle_on.gif">';
              echo '<a href="' . $menu_values['tab_file_name'] .  '" class="ontab">';
             } else {
               echo '<td valign="top" BACKGROUND="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'tabs/tab_middle.gif">';
               echo '<a href="' . $menu_values['tab_file_name'] .  '" class="tab">';

into

if ($onpagem == 1 ){
             echo '<td valign="top" BACKGROUND="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'tabs/tab_middle_on.gif"><a href="';
          echo tep_href_link($menu_values['tab_file_name']);
                 echo '"  class="ontab">';
      } else {
                   echo '<td valign="top" BACKGROUND="' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'tabs/tab_middle.gif"><a href="';
          echo tep_href_link($menu_values['tab_file_name']);
       echo '"  class="tab">';

• 5 months later...

hello

first this is a great menu.. but I am having problems with the pictures of the tabs to show up..

I put the code for the style.css and added all the ^gif in the filles I was suppose to..

thatnk you for any help..

noppie

• 2 weeks later...
hello

first this is a great menu.. but I am having problems with the pictures of the tabs to show up..

I put  the code for the style.css  and added all the ^gif in the filles I was suppose to..

thatnk you for any help..

noppie

Assuming its the same contrib, I have it running on my beta store http://www.theteddybearvillage.net/store

Show us the code for your stylesheet.css, and link us to your site

contributions: Another breadcrumb hack

• 3 months later...
Assuming its the same contrib, I have it running on my beta store http://www.theteddybearvillage.net/store

Show us the code for your stylesheet.css, and link us to your site

Hi guys!

I've installed Category and Menu tabs v2.0c by Tom O'Neill, combined with Thema by Ferhat Kurt, and it works great!

Now I'd like to have one category associated with one theme, ie when you click on a category tab, i'd like the theme associated to this category to show up on the screen.

One example of this can be seen on this french website www.fnac.com

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...
Hi guys!

I've installed Category and Menu tabs v2.0c by Tom O'Neill, combined with Thema by Ferhat Kurt, and it works great!

Now I'd like to have one category associated with one theme, ie when you click on a category tab, i'd like the theme associated to this category to show up on the screen.

One example of this can be seen on this french website www.fnac.com

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you!

ok fixed the previous one...

now, can anyone tell how I can add a home page tab before the category tabs??

thanx

ok fixed the previous one...

now, can anyone tell how I can add a home page tab before the category tabs??

thanx

Hi,

I was looking around to find a tab solution for the product-info page. Could this work with it, and (sorry, for this question) how?

It would look like this:

tab1Description tab2related or xsell product tab3 reviews

I looked to the contrib product-tabsv1 that comes close to this , but it doesn't show in mozilla.

• 2 years later...

I have installed this contribution. Every things seems to be working, EXCEPT, I can not add a new menu tab.

I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function merge_array() in /home/****/public_html/shop/admin/menu_tab.php on line 103

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• 11 months later...

I can't get this thing to work at all. I can't figure out what to do with the 1st step in the installation instructions:

1. Add the following to the database:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES('Category Tabs', 'CATEGORY_TABS', 'Tabs', 'Choose to have category tabs, the category box on the left, or both.', '1', '2', now(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('Tabs', 'Box', 'Both'),");

Is there another tab contribution out there or can someone point me to some other implementation of menu tabs?

These are basic things you have to learn before you plan to build a site. The first step in that installation is to add that query to the database using phpmyadmin. I guess you know what myphpadmin is as you have aleady created a database before you installed your oscommerce.

the quicker way to add a table is by clicking on the small "SQL" button on the left hand side below the phpMyAdmin logo. This will bring up a query window where you can past that code.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your reply Robert. I followed your instructions and pasted the piece of code 'as is' below in the Window that opened when I started phpMyAdmin:

configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES('Category Tabs', 'CATEGORY_TABS', 'Tabs', 'Choose to have category tabs, the category box on the left, or both.', '1', '2', now(), '', "tep_cfg_select_option(array('Tabs', 'Box', 'Both'),");

I clicked on 'GO' and got the following error:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_descr' at line 1

What am I doing wrong?