• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Design Question - Shadow for Boxes

Hello Wildorchid

You will have to change catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php like you say.

But it is not an easy task !

The shadows around the boxes on the site you mention are a collection of images which give the illusion of a shadow. So firstly you will need to design some shadow images with a width of around say 6px and a height equivalent to each row in your boxes.

Then you will need to edit the relevant part of the boxes class to include the images as extra table data cells to the right of each row in the box and below the box.

The part of the class you need to edit depends on the type of box you want to put the shadow on....an info box or a content box etc.

By comparing the html source of your current default page to the class you should be able to follow how the class constructs the html and hence where you need to edit......experiment !!

You could try some of the contributions here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...egory,11/page,2

I havn't looked at them in detail but there are several that help with formatting infoboxes.

Alternatively you could try and email the webmaster of the site you mentioned and see if they would be kind enough (in the spirit of osc) to let you have a copy of their boxes.php code !

Hope this helps

64sp

I've been contemplating thinking about thinking

Then you will need to edit the relevant part of the boxes class to include the images as extra table data cells to the right of each row in the box and below the box.

64sp

I have the gifs and I have spent hours but I'm new to classes and have not figured out how do it. :( So far I have found out that the shadow below the boxes is a separate table and I think the shadow on the right side is an additional td for the heading and for the box (might be wrong about this).

Alternatively you could try and email the webmaster of the site you mentioned and see if they would be kind enough (in the spirit of osc) to let you have a copy of their boxes.php code !

64sp

The webmaster seems to be a busy man and he would not give me his boxes.php nore would he help me.

I could use some help :idea: This would be a nice contribution if somebody understands the classes.

Thanks!

In the meantime I have successfully accomplished this mission. Let's say I have found a work around. I have added plain html parts to the boxes.php to achieve the shadow effect. Maybe somebody can translate my new boxes.php (the plain html parts) into the real classes code. This would make a nice new contribution.

If anybody is capable of doing this let me know and I send you my new boxes.php.

Cheers