• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Searching the store

Sorry for this stupid question but I do not know what to do.

When I search the store that I am working on www.traderscart.com I can't find anything unless I use the name of each product that I have. That is kind of silly and I am quite sure there is something that can be done about this.

Basicly I want the visitor to find what he is looking for a part #, a category, a keyword and possibly even when he enters sth that is almost the keyword I want it to show up such as if he enters babyy gifts instead of baby gifts I want all the baby gifts to show up.

I beleive this question is not first neither will it be last about this. I searched the forum today, could not find anything.

Someone please direct me to the right place.

regards

julian

P.S. I have just installed the Meta Tags Controller and ADMIN and I will be specifying the keywords and everything else in a few days for all the products.

Actually one is done for testing purposes http://www.traderscart.com/catalog/product...?products_id=36.

I was think the same about the search. We get a lot of people searching for a plural term, when the word is singular in our titles. Personally, I think we could do with a re-write of the search function, to cover this, and to search the categories themselves.

However, this isn't going to happen at present so....to handle mistyped words you should be able to add a replace function to the search routine which would correct mistakes. Shouldn't be too difficult, its on my list but I won't be able to look at it for a bit.

Jon.