• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager For OSC v0.20 released

VJ

I was wondering if anyone has modified this great contribution to include somehow include the URL path to each link partner in the email? I'm finding that I have to first add the link, then email the person telling them where to find the link (the lPath, not just the main directory page of categories.) So it takes a lot of extra steps.

Thanks!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on ms2 and i have this problem in admin

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in g:\easyphp 1.7\www\oscmax\admin\exchange_links_links.php on line 432

Can i have this function or i htink this function doesn't exist on ms2 or has been changed.

Could you help me ?

Regards
-----------------------------------------
Loïc

Contact me by skype for business
Contact me @gyakutsuki for an answer on the forum

search for all occurance of tep_array_merge and change to array_merge that will remove the error for you

when installing contributions that are not specific for MS2 seach all files in the contribution for the tep_array_merge and change to array_merge it will make the install easier

A new version of the Links Manager (v1.01), meant for osCv2.2MS2 is now available http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256.

Discussion on this new version continues here.

I'd be glad to hear your comments, ideas... and criticisms (;)) on this new version.

Thanks so much to everyone, for wonderful feature requests, ideas and suggestions.

VJ

• 2 months later...

I have install all the files per the instructions and received this error when clicking a link on the website.

Parse error: parse error in redirect.php on line 63 (line 63 = case 'links':) below is the code for that page I don't see the error could you please help me with this one.

case 'manufacturer':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
       $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturer_query)) {
// url exists in selected language
         $manufacturer = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturer_query);

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_url'])) {
           tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

tep_redirect($manufacturer['manufacturers_url']);
         }
       } else {
// no url exists for the selected language, lets use the default language then
         $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi, " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " l where mi.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = l.languages_id and l.code = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer['languages_id'] . "'");

}
         }
       }
     }
     break;
 }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
case 'links':	
       require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'links.php');

$links_query = tep_db_query("select links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " where links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($links_query)) {
       $link = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);
       tep_update_links_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($link['links_url']);
     }
     break;
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end
?>

Sinbad

"Mine is not the only way, mine is just another way

I have install all the files per the instructions and received this error when clicking a link on the website.

Parse error: parse error in redirect.php on line 63 (line 63 = case 'links':) below is the code for that page I don't see the error could you please help me with this one.

Hello,

I'm afraid you have added the links code a couple of lines off-target. Here's the step where you've erred.

------------------------------------
/catalog/redirect.php
------------------------------------

after this, (around line 30)

case 'manufacturer':
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
       $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
// url exists in selected language

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

}
       } else {
// no url exists for the selected language, lets use the default language then
         $manufacturer_query = tep_db_query("select mi.languages_id, mi.manufacturers_url from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi, " . TABLE_LANGUAGES . " l where mi.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and mi.languages_id = l.languages_id and l.code = '" . DEFAULT_LANGUAGE . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " set url_clicked = url_clicked+1, date_last_click = now() where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and languages_id = '" . (int)$manufacturer['languages_id'] . "'");

}
         }
       }
     }
     break;

add, 

// VJ Links Manager v1.00 begin
   case 'links':
     require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'links.php');

$links_query = tep_db_query("select links_url from " . TABLE_LINKS . " where links_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($links_query)) {
       $link = tep_db_fetch_array($links_query);
       tep_update_links_click_count($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($link['links_url']);
     }
     break;
// VJ Links Manager v1.00 end

HTH,

VJ

• 8 months later...

I have added this fanastic contribution and it all works great.

So I have just a small ask. You can view mine here:

Links Page

As you can see it has put all the catagories I have added so far in one long row. Is there anyway I can specify how many per row so it doesn't appear so cluttered?

hi all,

I wish to use the links manager for all my languages (4!) but as it is now i have to fill in the form in admin 4 times for each link, i'm not waiting for this... ;) maybe some of you has a solution??

• 2 months later...
This program enables display and management of a categorized list of links to other websites. You can add/edit/delete/enable/disable links and categories from the admin interface.

It also includes a link submit form, where users can submit links and request you to add them to your list.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1256

Please give it a try and send in your comments and suggestions. This is my first ever contribution for OSC. Hope I've done a fair enough job.

VJ

--

http://www.salehut.com

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank VJ for this brilliant contribution! I just installed it and all's fine except for one thing. On my links page, the links point to the domain twice ie: http://mysite.com/www.theirsite.com. I've looked at the code and read these forums but unfortunately still have no idea about what to do as I'm pretty new at this. I'd be really thankful if somebody could help me. I'm using Links Manager v0.20.

Thanks!

Samantha

PS I hope I've posted this properly... I guess the fact that I'm a novice shows heh :blush:

• 3 months later...

Sorry my English is very bad.

My German is better :-)

I have installed the newest Version but the language Support doesn't work in admin/links.php.

I can't Update other languages as my selected language in admin.

Have anybody an idea.

Thanks and greets.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

When I first install this wonderful contribution I was getting links redirect to my site and not to another url.

Then I was trying to replace existing includes/modules/link_listing.php with vertical version and I got this error:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/my_site/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 59

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY' at line 1

select l.links_image_url, ld.links_title, ld.links_description, l.links_url, l.links_clicked, l.links_id from links_description ld, links l, links_to_link_categories l2lc where l.links_status = '2' and l.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.links_id = l2lc.links_id and ld.language_id = '1' and l2lc.link_categories_id = '1' order by ld.links_title limit -0, MAX_LINKS_DISPLAY

Please help me with these questions.

Is this a new insttall? It looks like your database is not setup correctly.

Jack

I installed it, than I added a few links. After that I figured out that links actually do not go by the right direction. I decided to replace existing file includes/modules/link_listing.php with the same, but a vertical version of listing, which is included in install package. And finally I got this error, than replace this file with the original one, but seems the base is crashed somehow

Thank you for your Answer.

I installed it, than I added a few links. After that I figured out that links actually do not go by the right direction. I decided to replace existing file includes/modules/link_listing.php with the same, but a vertical version of listing, which is included in install package. And finally I got this error, than replace this file with the original one, but seems the base is crashed somehow

Thank you for your Answer.

Now I have restored my data base and seems it's working fine exept the problem wtih redirect.

Redirect bieng made to my site and not to the needed. Checked triple redirect.php.

links_url in data base has a right content, but still redirecting to my site.

Are you saying that if you click on some link you added it displays a page in your site instaed of the page from some other site?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please see this post (the last one by Top Speed).

Jack

Thanks for the answer. I got all this seted up. It seems everything was right, but still no result. :((

Click Count True

Spider Friendly Links True

Links Image Width 120

Links Image Height 60

Display Link Image 1

Display Link URL 4

Display Link Title 2

Display Link Description 3

Display Link Click Count 5

Link Title Minimum Length 2

Link URL Minimum Length 10

Link Description Minimum Length 10

Link Contact Name Minimum Length 2

Links Check Phrase www.mysite.com

I think the redirect link does not take the url_id. As I think when I point to the url to be redirected, the line at the bottom of the browser must show http://www.mysite.com/redirect.php/action/...---------url_id should be here.

But it shows only http://www.mysite.com/redirect.php/action/links/goto

Thank you for your help.

• 9 months later...

feature : hey guys don't you neeed to be able to make sub categories , deeper that one category , for example : Category 1 - subcategory1 - sub sub category 1 ?

would it be so difficult to implement ?

any clue ,or other contrib taht can give some ideas ?

MS2

• 4 months later...

Hi, I just installed links manager and tested it with another site I have. Everything seemed to go great but the category still shows no links.

There should be 1 link listed. http://petite-elegance.com/links.php?lPath=10

How do I add the link so it shows in the category?

I'm a total newbie to php so if anyone has any suggestion to make this easier it will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks, Leann