• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Links Manager For OSC v0.20 released

VJ

Can someone tell me how I import 'reciprocal.sql' into my osc database. I am not seeing and import feature and I am not sure where it goes within my database. Thankyou.

falconpilot

P.S. Yes Allen your right.....pilots dont like to do much reading, we like to dive right in and learn seat of the pants. At least when we can.....:)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

download the script http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

install it on your server and you have a very easy admin interface to your mysql databases..

it has a function where you just select the import.sql file on your local computers harddrive and press submit - thats it.. database importet :-)

i'm a newbe too, and if i think it's easy - it's gotta be 8)

Yes, I already have phpmyadmin on my server but I dont see any function that imports sql files. Could you tell me specifically where that function is and what versioni of phpmyadmin your running. Sorry about the confusion but I am just not seeing it. Thanks again.

Nino

one minor thing when creating a link categoey it asks for contact name and email address i don`t quit understand the purepose or how this is used

Kevin,

I've added a few redundant features just to make the program future-proof and to allow for some improvization.

Well, the idea with contact name/email fields during category creation is that users might be able to suggest categories (and leave their contact information behind) in future releases of the add-on. For now, you can safely fill those fields with any value you wish.

And, thanks for your comments :-).

VJ

VJ

I have installed everything and it seems to be working on my site however I am unable to control this contribution within the admin page. It does not give me an option to control the links contribution in the Administration column. What it shows me is this at the top of the Admin functions list: //VJ Links Manager for OSC v0.2 begin require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'exchange_links.php'); //VJ Links Manager for OSC v0.2 end.

Can you please help ?

Thanks

falconpilot

VJ

Never mind. It was a problem in the coding of the column_left.php file. I fixed it and all works well. Great contribution. I do have a question about the links that are inputed via your contribution. Do you think search engine spiders will be able to follow these links using your contribution in order to help page rank.

falconpilot

When a cutomer fills out the Submit Link form and hits the Continue button this is shown:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/propilot/public_html/includes/languages/english.php:370) in /home/propilot/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Does anyone have any idea why it is giving me this warning? My site is at www.propilotgear.com so you can try it yourself. Please tell me what you think.

Thanks again.

falconpilot

Ok folks, I am trying desperately get this contribution working but have found another very aggrivating problem. Ever since I installed this contribution I am having trouble deleting product attributes for a given product. When I go to my Admin page then click on Catalog then click on Products Attributes, I am unable to delete product attributes about 95% of the time. That is the really weird part about it, everyonce in a while it will allow me to confirm a deleting but this is just not functional. Does anyone have any idea where coding changes have been made that would effect this deletion routine. It may be within products_attributes.php but Im not sure. VJ, please give me some thoughts. Thanks so much.

falconpilot

Hi Antony,

Had a look at your site. Looks like you have some stray characters in your includes/languages/english.php file. Please check if there are any newlines/spaces at the end of your english.php file and delete them.

Hope this helps,

VJ

... and oh, as for the issue you're experiencing with product attributes, I have no clue as to why it happens. The Links program uses seperate tables (independent of the other core osc tables), so database issues can be safely ruled out. I'll give it a closer look anyway.

Did you install any other mods recently?

Hope this helps,

VJ

VJ,

No I have not installed any other mods but yours which is great by the way. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I will try your advice on deleting stray characters and see if that helps. The attributes problem may not be related to your contribution, I was just wondering if anyone else who has installed this mod has experienced it. Thanks for your help.

falconpilot

This is the error I am getting:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/propilot/public_html/includes/application_top.php:490) in /home/propilot/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Does anyone have an idea what it is telling me. Why does it think I am adding header information. I also dont understand why it even looking in my public_html directory as that is not even the active directory from which my site is even running. thanks in advance.

falconpilot

This is the error I am getting:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/propilot/public_html/includes/application_top.php:490) in /home/propilot/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

Well, did you notice this error occurs in a different file, from the one you got earlier. I guess this means you'd have to repeat what you'd done to the english.php file to this file too.

VJ

VJ with your permission im going to rework your module and make it multi level and incorporate a few other functions, such as hit tracking, featured site and an Admin site resolver.

VJ with your permission im going to rework your module and make it multi level and incorporate a few other functions, such as hit tracking, featured site and an Admin site resolver.

Oh yes, you're most welcome to do it :). And, I'd be glad to be of any help too.

VJ

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I have made an addition to VJ's great contribution to allow reciprocal links to be verified.

It is very much beta (alpha???) code just now, so I have not submitted as a contribution until:

1/ I get feedback that is is something that is wanted

2/ It works!

You can get it http://www.fitnessireland.ie/checklinks/ for the moment.

Please let me know how you get on, if its any use and if it works!

Thanks VJ - your contribution is excellent!!

Graeme

• 3 weeks later...
Hello

You can get it http://www.fitnessireland.ie/checklinks/ for the moment.

Graeme

scottymcloo,

I really like your fitness website site.

Which contribution (if any) are you using for the articles.

e.g.,

Dieting (5)

Fitness (11)

I could really use that.

Thanks in advance,

-ibandyop

PS: The links checker works great. Looking at how I customize the errors.

ibandyop

Hi VJ,

I think you have done a great job with this mod, however I have a bit of a problem that I hope you or one of the other viewers can help me with.

When clicking on a link I get an error page with this type of message:

Error 404: /catalog/www.glynne-court-hotel.co.uk is not found at this location

of course the '/catalog/' in-front of the web address is what is causing the error. Any idea how I fix it?

Help as always is very much appreciated.

Oh! and by the way, on your site your category links in a larger font and a different colour. Can you tell me how this was done?

Picman