• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

Hi

I am now at a nice little crossroads whereby my store was almost complete with some nice contributions added to the ms1 version. I want to base it on this current snapshot as it appears to have some bug fixes over ms1. A few questions now:

1) Is there a contribution to get rid of bug fixes in the ms1 version?

2) I have just tried to install contribution administrators 1.4.6 and the only files that need changing are

admin/includes/application_top.php

admin/includes/header.php

admin/includes/column_left.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php

There are other new ones to upload of course.

I got it going kind of but the problem I have now is that I can add items to cart but can not seem to proceed through check out. We appear to stay at the whats in my cart page.

I need to try and decide now which way to go, try and bug fix ms1 or bring all contributions into this new release.

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What might be easier is to start with 05-18-2003, as this is a pretty stable snapshot and then add in the contributions you like from your existing code ...

This way, you can check each add-on as you do it that it is current/working with the newer snapshot.

You can try to merge in all the changes from 05-18-2003 into your existing store, but there are a lot of changes and it would really be easier to do it the other way.

I installed SEC on snapshot 05/21 - a lot of great features, but a couple errors.

Problem 1:

On the main page where it displays the categories right below 'New Products for May', I get this error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/arospeed/public_html/includes/modules/main_categories.php on line 50

I have looked at main_categories.php, but I'm lost. The categories are displayed though.

Problem 2:

I had installed Purchase without Account contribution before applying SEC. When I try to login, I get the box for returning customer Login, but this message instead of Create New Account:

Create A New Account

Warning: main(includes/modules/account_details.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/arospeed/public_html/login.php on line 262

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/account_details.php' (include_path='') in /home/arospeed/public_html/login.php on line 262

Problem 3 -

When I try to Login, I get this message:

Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Any help will be great.

Thanks!

I've read a few posts about 5-18 snapshot and I'm considering starting from scratch - 3 days work is not that much to lose right now.

I was thinking of installing oscommerce and applying SEC to it before adding other contributions - that'll be the path of least resistance. I just need to clear something up about the folders in the contrib.

There's on called CHANGES-05/18 and CHANGES.

In what order do I apply these changes. Since I'm doing a clean install, I was thinking of overwriting the current files.

Thanks.

I've read a few posts about 5-18 snapshot and I'm considering starting from scratch - 3 days work is not that much to lose right now.

I was thinking of installing oscommerce and applying SEC to it before adding other contributions - that'll be the path of least resistance. I just need to clear something up about the folders in the contrib.

There's on called CHANGES-05/18 and CHANGES.

In what order do I apply these changes. Since I'm doing a clean install, I was thinking of overwriting the current files.

Thanks.

I'd go for the fresh install on a clean 05-18-2003 as this is a very stable snapshot.

The /CHANGED 05_18_2003 is a folder I forgot to delete from SEC v1.0a

Pretend it is not there ... 8)

Load:

osC snapshot 05-18-2003

/NEW FILES

/CHANGED FILES

Don't forget the edits from README.txt and the sql files if you have not loaded those already.

One more thing - are there any features missing from snapshot 5/18 that exist on the later versions?

I have a couple bugs that I am working out.

I hope to have a new release on 05-18-2003 with a few additional features and some bug fixes.

Should be tomorrow or tuesday ...

There are missing files for the HTML editor in the categories.php ... kind of forgot to put them in there ... :shock:

What type of features are you concerned about being missing?

Someone mentioned the autoincrement and account - I was not sure if this was a major change I should be worried about.

From what you've stated, I can reinstall 5/18, add new files, overwrite changed files, make the SQL change and the edits from README.txt.

Is that right?

Thanks.

Someone mentioned the autoincrement and account - I was not sure if this was a major change I should be worried about.

From what you've stated, I can reinstall 5/18, add new files, overwrite changed files, make the SQL change and the edits from README.txt.

Is that right?

Thanks.

Did you already modify your MySQL file for a newer snapshot than 05-18-2003?

Need help please..........

I installed this contrib over a clean install of 5/21 Snapshot.

The only problem is when I click Login, I get this error message right below Create New Account -

I overwrote all files and have not modified anything besides adding this contribution.

Warning: main(includes/modules/account_details.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/arospeed/public_html/login.php on line 262

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/account_details.php' (include_path='') in /home/arospeed/public_html/login.php on line 262

For anyone else using post 5/18 contributions, I doubt if this is the best method but to get around the error I copied account_details.php from a 5/18 build over to includes/modules and that seemed to do the trick.

I expect problems in the future :)

I knew it - Create account is not working - the error message is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/arospeed/public_html/create_account.php on line 288

Of course, it could be due the the account_details.php I added. WOuld have to take a look at it or merge account_details.php into login.php.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

I knew it - Create account is not working - the error message is:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/arospeed/public_html/create_account.php on line 288

Of course, it could be due the the account_details.php I added. WOuld have to take a look at it or merge account_details.php into login.php.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

I'd go back to 05-18-2003 until the new account features are all in their places with bright shining faces ... 8)

You can get the osCommerce 05-18-2003 snapshot at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/ladonh/tep_snapsh...ot-20030518.zip

Linda,

I found this little piece of code in footer.php:

<?php

if (ALL_PRODS_1=='1') {

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS . '</a><br>';

} else {

// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('allprods_extended.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS . '</a><br>';

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALLPRODS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS . '</a><br>';

}

?>

Had you intended that the same link be used for both cases? It looks like it was orriginally different.

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

Linda,

I found this little piece of code in footer.php:

<?php

if (ALL_PRODS_1=='1') {

} else {

// echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link('allprods_extended.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ALLPRODS . '</a><br>';

}

?>

Had you intended that the same link be used for both cases? It looks like it was orriginally different.

Yes ... until I had written a second version of the layout for allpriods ... I just had not finished it yet but wanted the IF in there to remind me ... 8)

As you can all tell by now, I'm stubborn. Well, I installed 05/21 Snapshot with this contrib, and no dice.

Reinstalled 5/18 snapshot with contrib - so far so good.

Thanks for the contrib Linda.

BTW, I was thinking of installed Purchase Without Account contribution. Does anyone know if this will cause problems?

Thanks.

I'm still getting this error on the main page right before the categories box at the bottom:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/arospeed/public_html/includes/modules/main_categories.php on line 50

I'm using snapshot 05/18.

Please help.

Thanks.

I'm talking to myself again :) but have found the problem - this is caused by the Menubar DHTML contribution.

Will fix later - would be nice if we can edit our posts.

Heck ... then we couldn't learn anything if you were not left talking to yourself and answering yourself and letting us know your errors/solutions. :D

Thanks for updating us on the status of the errors. It really does help a lot of folks out who might run into similar errors. Plus it let's me know I don't have a bug to fix. 8)

2) I have just tried to install contribution administrators 1.4.6 and the only files that need changing are

admin/includes/application_top.php

admin/includes/header.php

admin/includes/column_left.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php

There are other new ones to upload of course.

I got it going kind of but the problem I have now is that I can add items to cart but can not seem to proceed through check out. We appear to stay at the whats in my cart page.

quote]

Hi

Has anyone else installed this Administrators 1.4.6 contrib over Lindas contrib? I can not progress through checkout at the moment. Any clues?

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

Has anyone else installed this Administrators 1.4.6 contrib over Lindas contrib? I can not progress through checkout at the moment. Any clues?

I would not expect the two to conflict.

Do you have a URL to peek at?