• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

I have some formatting questions with the SEC1.0a version on cvs 05/18.

1) On the top part, under the Advanced search, there are a line of boxes which supposed to say HOME, What's NEW, Special... But I have all the boxes blank. Only when my mouse touches that area, did the text shows. Can you tell me why?

There are images for those in one of the image folders.

button_blank_left.gif

button_blank_middle.gif

button_blank_right.gif

You can use those or use your own. Just move them into the /images folder

2) All most all of my boxes with round corners don't have your updated color filled completely at the corner. So you can still see the cvs 5/18 color at the corner. The rectangular boxes also show the original color at the side, it's a bit weird. How to change it?

In one of the /images folders I have invisible corners if you need them.

3) Is there anyway to change the whole framed page a little bit wider so I have more space to show product?

Check the settings in the language files for Centering. You can set the width there.

4) If I don't want some boxes (such as Manufacturer box at left) to show up, is there some simple way to change that?

Edit column_left.php or column_right.php and comment out the boxes you do not want with //

I didn't change any stylesheet setting after I installed it.

You will want to check the new stylesheet.css.txt it has a lot of new styles added at the bottom. Most all are commented for what they are for.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

Thanks so answering all my questions.

One more question about the weight. The unit weight of my product is extremely light (0.25 gram or 0.00055 lb). I searched the site for weight unit question and saw someone said that it doesn't matter what unit you use but nobody answered how the unit affects the shipping. I assume that for UPS or USPS there is a standard unit. Then how does the OSC program handle the unit issue?

I'm ok to stay with lb system. But I can't input 0.00055, the weight format looks like 0.00.

So, is it easier to change the weight format of the program or to change the unit of all the files. If I have to change unit, how many files are involved?

Thanks again for your help.

Wendy

Linda,

Thanks so answering all my questions.

One more question about the weight. The unit weight of my product is extremely light (0.25 gram or 0.00055 lb). I searched the site for weight unit question and saw someone said that it doesn't matter what unit you use but nobody answered how the unit affects the shipping. I assume that for UPS or USPS there is a standard unit. Then how does the OSC program handle the unit issue?

I'm ok to stay with lb system. But I can't input 0.00055, the weight format looks like 0.00.

So, is it easier to change the weight format of the program or to change the unit of all the files. If I have to change unit, how many files are involved?

That is a good question. UPS is expecting to receive the weight in pounds.

If you do your whole site in grams you will have to convert that weight later.

You could change the products_weight to decimal(8,4) if you want to continue in weight and need the smaller amounts. The UPS module will take this tiny amount and switch it to the minimum for UPS which I believe is 0.01 so that a weight of 0 is not sent to them.

But using the decimal(8,4) if some buys large enough quantities you will get the true weight or the 0.01 for the lowest priced weight quote.

Linda,

I did changed the weight format in the database and it works. YAY.

Two more question (I hope it's the last question tonight) is about the product detailed description page.

1) The retail discount box shows all the discount price. But the format is only 0.00. For my product, the price difference is on the 3rd dismal point(0.000). In the Admin area it seems fine, the numbers were all taken (not like the weight problem, it was not taken in the Admin). But in the Catalog, it only shows 2 dismal point. The 2 dismal point price was also taken for total calcuation in the cart. So there is no difference between 0.055 and 0.06.

Could you please tell me how to fix this problem?

2) I don't want the In Stock quantity to shown in the product description area. I did turned off the Show Quantity in the Admin part but still it shows.

Thanks.

Wendy

2) I don't want the In Stock quantity to shown in the product description area. I did turned off the Show Quantity in the Admin part but still it shows.

Silly me ... forgot the IF statement in product_info.php

Modify the default: CASE statement

default:

?>

<?php

if ($product_info['products_quantity'] <= 0) {

// show sold out

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo (SOLD_OUT_IMAGE_ON=='1' ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . SOLD_OUT_IMAGE_PRODUCT_INFO, '', '', SOLD_OUT_TEXT) : SOLD_OUT_TEXT); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

// show in stock

if (SHOW_PRODUCTS_INFO_INSTOCK=='1') {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right">In Stock: <?php echo tep_get_products_stock((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main">

<?php echo ( (SHOW_IN_CART_QTY_PRODUCT_INFO and ($cart->in_cart($products_id) or $cart->in_cart($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']))) ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT_IN_CART . ' ' . $cart->get_quantity($products_id) . '<br>' : ''); ?>

<?php echo PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT; ?> <input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value=<?php echo (tep_get_buy_now_qty((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])); ?> maxlength="5" size="3"><?php echo ((tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_MIN_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?><?php echo (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_UNIT_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="right" class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

break;

} // switch true

?>

1) The retail discount box shows all the discount price. But the format is only 0.00. For my product, the price difference is on the 3rd dismal point(0.000). In the Admin area it seems fine, the numbers were all taken (not like the weight problem, it was not taken in the Admin). But in the Catalog, it only shows 2 dismal point. The 2 dismal point price was also taken for total calcuation in the cart. So there is no difference between 0.055 and 0.06.

Edit your currencies for Localization in the Admin to be 3 decimal places.

Linda

I hear that there is a MS2 out shortly, do you have any intentions to make this contribution work with the latest stable release?

So far, I have made it work with 3 different snapshots ... 03-24-2003, 05-18-2003 and 05-28-2003 ... I cannot see why I would stop now ... 8)

I try to support all of my Add-ons and keep them as current as possible.

I am in the process of installing shoppe enchancer, however i am stuck at the beginnig of the install.

#categories_description table

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar(64) AFTER categories_name;

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_description text AFTER categories_heading_title;

I am able to add fields in the sql table (ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar(64) AFTER categories_name;)

However, i am stuck when trying to do the following

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_description text AFTER categories_heading_title;

It brings an error saying missing fields. where the previous change, had Varchar and a number, what should this be. ?

Help would be appreciated

Thanks

I am in the process of installing shoppe enchancer, however i am stuck at the beginnig of the install.

#categories_description table

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar(64) AFTER categories_name;

I am able to add fields in the sql table (ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar(64) AFTER categories_name;)

However, i am stuck when trying to do the following

It brings an error saying missing fields. where the previous change, had Varchar and a number, what should this be. ?

Did you have a previous version of SEC loaded where these fields might already exist?

Which version are you trying to load?

Linda,

Thanks so much for replying all my questions. You are genius.

Now a problem with banner. I only see No picture in the banner area. I've changed both image directories to chmod 777. And use Banner manager to change.

I'm quite confused about the banner group. There is only 1 group listed so I can only choose that one. Then since I wanted to upload a jpeg file from local hard drive to my website, I just browsed and pointed that file. But then the Save to Image target part is confusing. What path should I use? Do I need to change any coding in the program at all?

I don't think the image in my Header shows either. I'm keeping seeing the No picture icon and when I pointed to it it says "webmaker.com". How do I change the header image then?

Thanks.

Wendy

Linda,

Now I even get a warning message saying

"Warning: imagepng: unable to open 'images/graphs/banner_infobox-1.png' for writing in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/phplot.php on line 482

"

I changed chmod to 777 for the phplot.php file still doesn't work.

Please help.

Wendy

Lina,

It did solve my problem. But when I check out with Paypal, it says:

"The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount. "

Do you think that's due to the currency format? If so, how to change it? I think theoretically we can round the amount to .00 and send it to paypal, but I don't won't to mess up with my store.

Thanks.

So far' date=' I have made it work with 3 different snapshots ... 03-24-2003, 05-18-2003 and 05-28-2003  ... I cannot see why I would stop now ... 8) [/quote']

exhaustion? :lol: :lol:

Linda,

Now I even get a warning message saying  

"Warning: imagepng: unable to open 'images/graphs/banner_infobox-1.png' for writing in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/phplot.php on line 482

"

I changed chmod to 777 for the phplot.php file still doesn't work.

Please help.

Wendy

Change all the files in /admin/images/graphs/ to 777

As to why banners do not show, the footer expects banner group 468x50 that is a *name* not a size.

You need to make sure you are calling the right banner group.

In /includes/footer.php this line calls the banner group:

if ($banner = tep_banner_exists('dynamic', '468x50')) {

I don't think the image in my Header shows either.  I'm keeping seeing the No picture icon and when I pointed to it it says "webmaker.com".  How do I change the header image then?

While it's nice of you to advertise my site ... you might want to configure the settings for the header to your own site.

Check the language files.

1) The retail discount box shows all the discount price.  But the format is only 0.00.  For my product, the price difference is on the 3rd dismal point(0.000).  In the Admin area it seems fine, the numbers were all taken (not like the weight problem, it was not taken in the Admin).  But in the Catalog, it only shows 2 dismal point.  The 2 dismal point price was also taken for total calcuation in the cart.  So there is no difference between 0.055 and 0.06.  

Lina,

It did solve my problem. But when I check out with Paypal, it says:

"The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount. "

Do you think that's due to the currency format? If so, how to change it? I think theoretically we can round the amount to .00 and send it to paypal, but I don't won't to mess up with my store.

Thanks.

I am not sure on that.

You will have to see what PayPal is expecting to get and what you are sending. If it can only take 2 decimals you need to round the value before sending it.

So far, I have made it work with 3 different snapshots ... 03-24-2003, 05-18-2003 and 05-28-2003  ... I cannot see why I would stop now ... 8)

exhaustion? :lol: :lol:

That does come to mind ... 8)

But I like to keep things nice and tidy and I hate bugs, incompatibility, etc.

If I can save a site a few hundered dollars here and a few hundred dollars there ... then I will keep making the updates.

I figure it would of cost enough to just get the first version working let alone the updates to keep in tune with osCommerce changes and updates.

understood

but pick a target, any target :wink:

and remove the folder(s) that dont belong in the zip to cut down on the msgs regarding those files (from stupido's like me) :lol:

Linda,

Thanks for answering all my questions. I did manage finding a way to round the number before it is sent to Paypal making Paypal happy to accept it.

Well, I have one more question before I give you a break :oops: (myself too cause I have been working on this quite extensively for a couple of weeks now).

This question is about inventory control. Say for example, I sell T-shirt, matching pants, and hats. Customers can buy them separately or they can buy them in sets. I want to have an inventory that lists T-shirt, pants and hats separately but not in sets. If one buys a T-shirt, 1 will be taken from the in stock inventory. However, when one buys a set of T-shirt, 1 shirt, 1 pant and 1 hat has to be taken from its inventory. I think it should be quite simple to modify but I don't know where to start.

Could you please tell me how many files will be involved, what are they? What's the names of the variables that are involved. I think the weight needs to be adjusted as well to include all the 3 pieces weight.

Hopefully I can let my store run for a while without further modification or upgrading. But sometimes it's so itchy and always tends to make it easier to use and more friendlier to customers.

I really admire your hard work.

Wendy

understood

but pick a target, any target :wink:  

and remove the folder(s) that dont belong in the zip to cut down on the msgs regarding those files (from stupido's like me) :lol:

Now there's an idea ... no questions about things that don't belong ... what a novel idea, Jeff ... :wink:

Had I remembered at the time to kill the dang thing ... trust me ... I would of ... 8)

Thanks for answering all my questions.  I did manage finding a way to round the number before it is sent to Paypal making Paypal happy to accept it.

Might help others to know what you had to do for PayPal.

Well, I have one more question before I give you a break  :oops: (myself too cause I have been working on this quite extensively for a couple of weeks now).  

This question is about inventory control.  Say for example, I sell T-shirt, matching pants, and hats.  Customers can buy them separately or they can buy them in sets.  I want to have an inventory that lists T-shirt, pants and hats separately but not in sets.  If one buys a T-shirt, 1 will be taken from the in stock inventory.  However, when one buys a set of T-shirt, 1 shirt, 1 pant and 1 hat has to be taken from its inventory.  I think it should be quite simple to modify but I don't know where to start.  

Could you please tell me how many files will be involved, what are they?  What's the names of the variables that are involved.  I think the weight needs to be adjusted as well to include all the 3 pieces weight.  

That's the million dollar question ... 8)

If it were as simple as jot down a couple file names ... I know I would of already written this feature ... :D

But it is a lot more complicated than that.

Hopefully I can let my store run for a while without further modification or upgrading.  But sometimes it's so itchy and always tends to make it easier to use and more friendlier to customers.  

I really admire your hard work.  

I am glad that everything is working for you now.

There are a couple *cough* bugs you will want to address with the next release. But hopefully nothing too sever ...

If it were as simple as jot down a couple file names ... I know I would of already written this feature ... :D

Linda,

I'm interested in continuing this topic a little bit if you could kindly shred me some light on this because I don't have a trained programmer's brain. I understand from reading all the messages that if working with attribute the inventory control and selling in sets is a huge problem. Someone even said the whole idea of attribute needs to be reinvented.

But if we don't talk about attribute the bundle in set maybe a little bit easy to solve, at least to me. If there is a place designed to bundle products in sets, you can prompt the admin which products you want to be placed in a bundle, say a product called green shirt (but not shirt with green attribute), a green pants and a green hat. This bundle is named green set and the ingradients of this bundle is placed in database. When a customer wants to buy this bundle, the program translate green bundle into green shirt, green pants and green hat and check the in stock availability of these 3 components. If they are, then 1 of each component will be taken from its inventory. I know that if attribute is involved things are much more complicated because so far OSC can't assign in stock quantity to each attribute option, rather they are treated as one product. In my case, I really want to keep the in stock inventory as accurate as possible, so I name my product with their attribute (like Green Shirt) instead of Shirt with Green color attribute. Therefore each product has their own in stock quantity.

Do you think if I set my system in this way, the bundle problem can be solved much more easily?

I would really appreciate if you can point me some direction to hack which variables and files because I have a friend who might be interested in this.

Thanks.

Wendy

Linda' date='

I'm interested in continuing this topic a little bit if you could kindly shred me some light on this because I don't have a trained programmer's brain. I understand from reading all the messages that if working with attribute the inventory control and selling in sets is a huge problem. Someone even said the whole idea of attribute needs to be reinvented.

But if we don't talk about attribute the bundle in set maybe a little bit easy to solve, at least to me. If there is a place designed to bundle products in sets, you can prompt the admin which products you want to be placed in a bundle, say a product called green shirt (but not shirt with green attribute), a green pants and a green hat. This bundle is named green set and the ingradients of this bundle is placed in database. When a customer wants to buy this bundle, the program translate green bundle into green shirt, green pants and green hat and check the in stock availability of these 3 components. If they are, then 1 of each component will be taken from its inventory. I know that if attribute is involved things are much more complicated because so far OSC can't assign in stock quantity to each attribute option, rather they are treated as one product. In my case, I really want to keep the in stock inventory as accurate as possible, so I name my product with their attribute (like Green Shirt) instead of Shirt with Green color attribute. Therefore each product has their own in stock quantity.

Do you think if I set my system in this way, the bundle problem can be solved much more easily?

I would really appreciate if you can point me some direction to hack which variables and files because I have a friend who might be interested in this.

[/quote']

The idea way, without re-writting the whole attribute method, is to have products set up as individual products: Green Shirt, Green Pants, Green Hat with just size as the attribute.

Then have these 3 come in on the same product_info.php and when purchased end up in the cart as 3 items.

Then you still need to have a separate method to track the size qty. So you are still rather stuck.

There needs to be a stock table with a releate products table with a related attributes key table to make the links to the stocks table so that when things are purchased or stock is checked that the stock table holds the real quantities.

Either way, it is a lot of work. At this time I have not seen a complete solution to this.

I have tried a lot of combinations to this ... but I do not claim to be an expert on this ... I just work with the attributes a lot in the add-ons I write because I want to make them more manageable.

Unfortunately, this is not yet one of the things that I have come up with "the best" solution for. Each time I think I am close I find something that will break the idea or risk messing up the databases or make it too hard on the store owner to use.

Over time, I do hope to come up with a real solution for this.

Right now, I don't have anything concrete to offer you except that there are a lot of conditions to watch out for in trying to write a true inventory tracker that addresses attributes.