• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

I would like it pretty much the way it is. The first column will have the categories and a calendar right below it. The middle column will have the specials on top and categories at the bottom. Then, the third column will have all other boxes from column_right.  

When I click any tab like Suspension - it page width looks okay. But on the main page where categories box is located, it's too wide.  

Thanks for your help.

The box is set to 100% of the available space. I think the changes I made will shrink the box to fit in your site.

Try changing this section of code:

// WebMakers.com Added: Shoppe Enhancement Controller

// shrink images .75

echo '<td valign=top><a href="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new, 'NONSSL') . '">' .  tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH * .75, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT * .75) . '</a></td><td valign=top width=90% class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new, 'NONSSL') . '"><b>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</b></a>' . $text_subcategories . '<br>   ... and <a href="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new, 'NONSSL') . '">more</a>!</td>';

if ((($row / 1) == floor($row / 1))) {

?>

Be sure to do a backup first ... 8)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Linda,

Thanks so much for the detailed answers to my question. Now my SEC and CVS 05/18 are up running. :D

Now I'm working on loading products to the site. And I come up with some new questions about the proper usage of the shoppe controller.

A little background: The website will be selling a product (snap) consists of 3 parts (A, B and C). There are 10 colors available and 3 sizes. Each size has different price. So the size determines the price, regardless of parts or color.

When I looked at the way product is set up in OSC, I was a little bit confused about the attribute and product. I saw that for each product, no matter how many colors or other attribute options you have, there is only one place to input the product quantity for inventory tracking. So to me, it's like if you have 100 computers, 20 white and 80 black. If you use computer as a product and color as attribute option, then you can only input the total 100 for product quantity in stock. Even when you're out to white but still black left, people can still purchase the white one because the total number of computers are still showing in stock. Am I understanding it right? So in my case, does that mean that I have to list all the products with combination of color, size, part. Then what's the attribute for then?

Please help me to better under how the system works.

Thanks

Wendy

Dear Linda, My shop is close to being live.

I am only waiting on the Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 I?

I am working on a method for an unlimited number of discounts that might work to include in your specs on your site, rather than just raising the limit to 10.

I know that your are a busy bee, but when do you approximate for this to happen.

I really want this... :D

Thank you.

Hi Linda

Finally got this one installed working ok and am now adding my old contributions. Just added administrators 1.4.6 and when i go to Customer orders page I am getting the following:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/simweb/public_html/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS

Any clues?

Check the README.txt and make sure you have all of the language file settings. MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS is a new define statement in /includes/languages/shoppe_enhancement_controller.php

Cheers Linda

I overwrote that one whilst installing the administrators 1.4.6

:D

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

This is sheer magic Linda, just a couple of problems so far

Warning: Missing argument 2 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259 

Warning: Missing argument 3 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259

I got over that one by setting "use_function" in the configuration table to NULL rather than "tep_get_zone_name" , don't know if this will have any implications :?

The other things I can't get to work is I want to set up a product that is free but charge for the options, it works ok but it still shows the price as 0.00 in What's New and if the item is added to the basket it shows 0.00 and then the cost for the option (old oscommerce way)

http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/newcatalog/p...d21c73721b4cfbd

but on your test server it shows the price as the lowest priced option 1.00

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...products_id=165

The other thing is in product info it does show the lowest priced option as the price but it shows the price befor tax. I found in the language files:

// Taxes

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_LIST_WITH_TAX','1'); // 0= off 1= on

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_REBATE_WITH_TAX','1'); // 0= off 1= on

and set them both to 1 but no difference.

Best wishes

Steve

NOTE: delete the folder /CHANGED 05_18_2003 as that was not suppose to be part of the zip file ... I goofed ... :shock:  

Follow the README.txt for the code to add to general.php and the language files.

Rename application_top.php.txt to application_top.php

Load the oscommere.sql file from 05-18-2003 snapshot

Load the two SECv1.0a sql files for the structure and data changes

You should not need to do any major re-writes here. Just cut and paste a few lines of code in the general.php and english.php

Next configure the Admin for the new shop.

Now, test out the new Catalog and Admin with the sample data.

This probably explains everything to me. :idea:

I supposed the folder CHANGED 05_18_2003 was the actual update to SEC. So I suppose that restoring the files in CHANGED overwriting the ones I putted there from the wrong folder will make it.

Thanks!

Mauro.

Linda,

Thanks so much for the detailed answers to my question.  Now my SEC and CVS 05/18 are up running.  :D  

Now I'm working on loading products to the site.  And I come up with some new questions about the proper usage of the shoppe controller.

A little background: The website will be selling a product (snap) consists of 3 parts (A, B and C).  There are 10 colors available and 3 sizes.  Each size has different price.  So the size determines the price, regardless of parts or color.  

When I looked at the way product is set up in OSC, I was a little bit confused about the attribute and product.  I saw that for each product, no matter how many colors or other attribute options you have, there is only one place to input the product quantity for inventory tracking.  So to me, it's like if you have 100 computers, 20 white and 80 black.  If you use computer as a product and color as attribute option, then you can only input the total 100 for product quantity in stock.  Even when you're out to white but still black left, people can still purchase the white one because the total number of computers are still showing in stock.  Am I understanding it right?  So in my case, does that mean that I have to list all the products with combination of color, size, part.  Then what's the attribute for then?

Please help me to better under how the system works.

At this point and time, there is no stock distinction for products with attributes built into osCommerce.

If you want to track stock for various colors, they would have to be seperate products.

Dear Linda, My shop is close to being live.

I am only waiting on the Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 I?

I am working on a method for an unlimited number of discounts that might work to include in your specs on your site, rather than just raising the limit to 10.

I know that your are a busy bee, but when do you approximate for this to happen.

I really want this... :D

Thank you.

I have the update SECv1.0b has a few new enhancements, bug fixes etc. coming out in the next couple hours.

Then, I need to upgrade to the next stable osCommerce snapshot.

Then, I am looking at adding in some of the requested additions that people have made ... additional quantity price breaks being one of them.

Let me get this update out and I will email you later this afternoon about the discounts.

This is sheer magic Linda, just a couple of problems so far

Warning: Missing argument 2 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259 

Warning: Missing argument 3 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259

I got over that one by setting "use_function" in the configuration table to NULL rather than "tep_get_zone_name" , don't know if this will have any implications  :?  

You may wish to load a clean 05-18-2003 MySQL file into a test MySQL table and check the settings for this.

I have usually seen this error occure when old tables are used and there are missing keys or different function settings in the configure table.

The other things I can't get to work is I want to set up a product that is free but charge for the options, it works ok but it still shows the price as 0.00 in What's New and if the item is added to the basket it shows 0.00 and then the cost for the option (old oscommerce way)

http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/newcatalog/p...d21c73721b4cfbd

but on your test server it shows the price as the lowest priced option 1.00  

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...products_id=165

Do you have that marked as Price includes Attributes on the product?

I have the new SECv1.0b coming out in a couple hours. I don't recall any bugs, but I made a few changes that may effect that display price.

The other thing is in product info it does show the lowest priced option as the price but it shows the price befor tax. I found in the language files:

// Taxes

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_LIST_WITH_TAX','1'); // 0= off 1= on

define('DISPLAY_PRICE_REBATE_WITH_TAX','1'); // 0= off 1= on

and set them both to 1 but no difference.

Those are not used at this time.

I need to see if they are really needed any more.

Right now I do not have the Savings displays on each of the products showing on product_info.php

Those settings in that section were used for most of that, as well as other things that are or have already been re-written.

NOTE: delete the folder /CHANGED 05_18_2003 as that was not suppose to be part of the zip file ... I goofed ... :shock:  

Follow the README.txt for the code to add to general.php and the language files.

Rename application_top.php.txt to application_top.php

Load the oscommere.sql file from 05-18-2003 snapshot

Load the two SECv1.0a sql files for the structure and data changes

You should not need to do any major re-writes here. Just cut and paste a few lines of code in the general.php and english.php

Next configure the Admin for the new shop.

Now, test out the new Catalog and Admin with the sample data.

This probably explains everything to me. :idea:

I supposed the folder CHANGED 05_18_2003 was the actual update to SEC. So I suppose that restoring the files in CHANGED overwriting the ones I putted there from the wrong folder will make it.

Afraid so ... one minute you were SECv1.0a ... and poof ... you were 05-18-2003 in just about everything ... sorry for that extra folder :roll:

Just tried to upgrade to 1.0b from 1.0a...

Error

SQL-query?:?

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar( 64 ) AFTER categories_name

MySQL said:

Duplicate column name 'categories_heading_title'

You may wish to load a clean 05-18-2003 MySQL file into a test MySQL table and check the settings for this.

I have usually seen this error occure when old tables are used and there are missing keys or different function settings in the configure table.

Thanks that was the problem, loaded a clean 05-18-2003 MySQL file

and it solves that problem it has "use_function" for zones as "tep_cfg_get_zone_name" but in my old sql file it has "tep_get_zone_name"

Yes I do.

I had a lot of white space on the ends of the files after I unzipped them (couldn't get hardly anything to work at first), I think I found all of them but maybe I missed one and that is causing the probs.

The new SECv1.0b coming out in a couple hours. I don't recall any bugs, but I made a few changes that may effect that display price.

I will have a play around with SECv1.0b and see if it is any better.

Thanks again for this masterpeice

Best wishes

Steve

Linda,

I have some formatting questions with the SEC1.0a version on cvs 05/18.

1) On the top part, under the Advanced search, there are a line of boxes which supposed to say HOME, What's NEW, Special... But I have all the boxes blank. Only when my mouse touches that area, did the text shows. Can you tell me why?

2) All most all of my boxes with round corners don't have your updated color filled completely at the corner. So you can still see the cvs 5/18 color at the corner. The rectangular boxes also show the original color at the side, it's a bit weird. How to change it?

3) Is there anyway to change the whole framed page a little bit wider so I have more space to show product?

4) If I don't want some boxes (such as Manufacturer box at left) to show up, is there some simple way to change that?

I didn't change any stylesheet setting after I installed it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Wendy

Just tried to upgrade to 1.0b from 1.0a...

Error

SQL-query?:?

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_heading_title varchar( 64 ) AFTER categories_name

MySQL said:

Duplicate column name 'categories_heading_title'

Keep in mind that the SECv1.0b is the full upgrade.

The only sql you need to load if you already have v1.0a loaded is the SEC_data_v1_0b.sql file.

Thanks that was the problem, loaded a clean 05-18-2003 MySQL file

and it solves that problem it has "use_function" for zones as "tep_cfg_get_zone_name" but in my old sql file it has "tep_get_zone_name"

Yes I do.

I had a lot of white space on the ends of the files after I unzipped them (couldn't get hardly anything to work at first), I think I found all of them but maybe I missed one and that is causing the probs.

The new SECv1.0b coming out in a couple hours. I don't recall any bugs, but I made a few changes that may effect that display price.

I will have a play around with SECv1.0b and see if it is any better.

Thanks again for this masterpeice

Those little white spaces will kill you every time ... 8)

Let me know how it goes. Glad things are working better now. :D