• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

Here it is:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://66.246.27.66/~arospeed'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://66.246.29.99/~arospeed'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/arospeed/public_html');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/arospeed/public_html/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much - that worked.

Now maybe I should go to bed before I break something else?

LOL

You are most welcome ...

That configure.php file is the most likely reason things break.

Think of it as a traffic cop ... and when the cop misleads you ... all kinds of havoc occures ... :shock:

One thing I can say about Oscommerce, It builds character!

Oh yes ... we gotta a lot of characters around here ... :wink:

8) :twisted:

You got that right!

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I'm new here and just started building an online store.

I installed the ms2.2 yesterday and it worked very well except the product attribute. I searched and saw you have a contribuation, the Shoppe controller, but one is based on CVS 3/24 and the other one is CVS 5/18 version. The only CVS I found on the site is 5/26. So what should I do then?

Another question I have is that after I get the right version, what exact should I do to update my ms2.2? I read your Readme file and also extracted the files in your contribution. For files that are new, they are located in different folders. Should I go down to each folder and only FTP the files to my website rather than uploading the whole folder to my site?

I did try to use your 3/24 version to update my website. I think the Admin sections works fine, but my store front is broken. I can still see products category and product list (the left menu). The middle section (what's new) is completely gone. The error message I got was:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_display_price() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php on line 37

This is the first contribution I made. My hadn't modified ms2.2 at all so it's still pretty original.

Please take a look for me. I really appreciate.

Wendy

Just did a fresh install of 5/18 snapshot, then SEC v1.0 A...

I'm wanting to use this in english, german and spanish.

Testing this locally on a windows machine running Foxserv (php, mysql, apache bundle)

All seems fine except I get error

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/shoppe_enhancement_controller_languages.php' (include_path='.;c:php4pear') in d:websitesexstampscatalogincludeslanguagesshoppe_enhancement_controller.php on line 112

Here's my line 112 of shoppe_enhancement_controller.php

// Language specific definitions

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'shoppe_enhancement_controller_languages.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'loginbox.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'header_tags.php');

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I don't know PHP too well, probably something simple. Do I have to put something to replace the '/' ?

Thanks much!

Steve

Hi Linda,

I fixed mine by adding the LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID to the configuration table. I also managed to hack a fix to display only the product_image field with a variable I call LPD_PRODUCTS_IMAGE_BIG & separate table in categories.php, making sure to include the else "echo hidden field". I have hacked my categories back considerably to include the dozen or so extra fields in my products table. I used your $newfields example to make it easier to update the queries. However, I have a few fields that never seem to retrieve existing data when I do a product edit, and in a couple of cases, I managed to wipe out a whole row of data when I did an update. Not sure what's happening there. Maybe I can email you the file with a note about the problem fields?

Also, I managed to get the enable/disable categories contribution working nicely with SEC 1.0a.

Last thing, I can't get the image popups to work in admin. Again, I hacked one of the popup files & renamed it popup_image_big.php and changed references to the product_image field which I'm using. Now when I mouse over the image, I see the full path to the correct image in the browser status bar ('bimage' was empty before) but it doesn't find the image upon popup. Is this a bug, or just a problem specific to my installation?

Hey, Linda,

Here's one you may already be aware of (re: 1.0a):

LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID doesn't seem to be in the new admin LPD config table. Another nicety that I was planning to add is a config variable to just show the main pics on admin/categories.php via the LPD options...right now, it's all or nothing & I'm not using mo pics yet.

e of features are you concerned about being missing?

Eekks!! Left one of those in there did I? :shock:

I had that whole thing done up at one point then found myself losing the code. Note how the IF statement is written on those so data is not lost when a section is turned off.

Thought I had a line for each one.

I will check the LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID and if written right, add it to the sql file, other wise, I will see what else needs to be done to make it one of the options.

Thanks for finding that one!

As to regular image and MO_PICS on the LPD ... it could be written in two parts, but you have to be very, very careful that the IF statements are grabbing the write chunks of data when each is turned off.

I make test products with 13 images that are more or less numbered. Then I load them all and then start playing with the peices and parts on turning things on/off to see what I lose.

Originally I was driving myself up a wall trying to get the LPD working properly ... then it came to me in a dream ... :wink:

Felt like a total idiot once I saw what I was doing wrong.

Little things like the word *echo*, silly little typos, things like that ... php is so darn fussy ... 8)

5/18 cvs

http://pages.prodigy.net/ladonh/tep_snapsh...ot-20030518.zip

any cvs 5/19 or later will not work

- Kevin

definately install sec 1.0a it rocks

Thanks, Kevin.

I have successfully installed 2.2ms1. Now in order to use the shoppe controller I need to install 5/18 cvs.

Can you tell me if I need to delete the 2.2ms1 completely?

How to install the cvs file. Does it stand alone or depends on the ms1? I see cvs file has weird folder construction, like"

catalog

catalog

admin

admin

In ms1 I placed admin under catalog folder. Now here where do I put the admin folder?

Also in ms1, the address to catalog is

mysite/catalog

if use cvs, will the catalog address be the same?

Thanks so much for answering my question. I'm quite confused here.

Wendy

Hi again, Linda,

My missing data is no doubt, due to incorrect usage of the tep_draw_checkbox_field, because when I switched to a text field, it retreived the data. How do I change this to a working checkbox? Here's what I have"

for the data field, I have:

tep_draw_checkbox_field('products_shown', '1', false)

and in the 'else' statement, I have:

echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_shown', $pInfo->products_shown);

Hi Linda,

However, I have a few fields that never seem to retrieve existing data when I do a product edit, and in a couple of cases, I managed to wipe out a whole row of data when I did an update. Not sure what's happening there. Maybe I can email you the file with a note about the problem fields?

[/code]

I just found this when trying to integrate the Canada Post module with the SEC 1.0a in CVS 5-18. :shock:

Both modules use a variable "STORE_ORIGIN_ZIP" for the postal code which needs to be changed to "SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP".

In the SEC, it's in /catalog/modules/shipping_estimator.php

Line 95 and 98 (or thereabouts):

$cart_zip_code = SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP;

$country_info = tep_get_countries(STORE_COUNTRY,true);

tep_session_register('cart_zip_code');

$order->delivery = array('postcode' => SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP,

In the Canada Post (v2.2 no dimension) its in /catalog/modules/shipping/canadapost.php

Line44 or so:

$this->_canadapostOrigin(SHIPPING_ORIGIN_ZIP, $country_name['countries_iso_code_2']);

hope this helps anyone else who's been getting the dreaded error "Origin Postal Code Invalid" from the Canada Post module.

-al

Linda,

Sorry that I posted my message in the wrong place. I meant to post it under this topic .

I finally installed Shoppe Controller with CVS 05/18. I didn't modify anything to the CVS file. Then installed your shoppe controller. It seems fine (I haven't done much testing yet) expect the following warning message.

################################################

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

I also always see the following warning message:

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/general.php on line 47

It appeared when I installed ms1 as well. What did cause this?

You may take a look at my site at:

www.thesnapstore.com/catalog/default.php

You may also notice that on the top where the HOME, Special, What's NEW boxes located I have blank boxes. But when I point my mouse to it it does show some words. What did I do wrong here?

Thanks so much.

Wendy

Linda,

I have two more warnings in the My Store Admin section:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259

Warning: Missing argument 3 for tep_get_zone_name() in /home/virtual/site41/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 259

They all point to the same file but I don't see anything wrong.

Are they related to the store front warning in my previous post?

Thanks.

Wendy

Can someone please help me with this page sizing problem? The first page and I think all pages that show the 'Category box' are messed up. I have tried different combinations using 750 and 100% width on default.php, main_category.php, etc.

The link is:

http://66.246.27.66/~arospeed/default.php

I would it to look like:

http://66.246.27.66/~arospeed/default.php?cPath=26

Linda,

I found a small HTML formatting bug in the catalog header.php. The login link has an extra quote mark just before the class attribute.

Also, in categories.php there is an improperly nested <nobr> tag for the categories links.

Minor stuff, but some browsers may have problems with these.

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

Hi Linda

Finally got this one installed working ok and am now adding my old contributions. Just added administrators 1.4.6 and when i go to Customer orders page I am getting the following:

Warning: Division by zero in /home/simweb/public_html/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 33

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS' at line 1

select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from orders o left join orders_total ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), orders_status s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '1' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC limit -0, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS_ORDERS

Any clues?

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"