• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

Matetludo wrote:

Hi,

I sell big quantities and I just at specific amounts. How can I accomplish the following:

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...products_id=154

I wan to make look like this and I would also like to limit the quatities just to those set on that table. That way the customer can't select 501 or 1006.

Is there a way to do this with your contribution?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am thinking of adding in an extention to the Discounts that would offer an unlimited number of quantity discounts.

I just need to find a nicer Store Owner interface if possible so there is not a lot of work involved.

Let me see if I can't finish this peice and you can test it out when I am done.

========================================

He Linda,

Sure,

Thanks for your promt reply and thanks again for your contant effort ot help out to others.

Matete

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Linda,

Here's one you may already be aware of (re: 1.0a):

LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID doesn't seem to be in the new admin LPD config table. Another nicety that I was planning to add is a config variable to just show the main pics on admin/categories.php via the LPD options...right now, it's all or nothing & I'm not using mo pics yet.

Lee

One more thing - are there any features missing from snapshot 5/18 that exist on the later versions?

I have a couple bugs that I am working out.

I hope to have a new release on 05-18-2003 with a few additional features and some bug fixes.

Should be tomorrow or tuesday ...

There are missing files for the HTML editor in the categories.php ... kind of forgot to put them in there ... :shock:

What type of features are you concerned about being missing?

Linda

finally got it installed and working (for the most part)

was reading thru this thread and a couple of the other threads to try and find the answer, but then I stopped reading the others (thanks to certain peoples remarks.....) :roll:

here is the q: everything seems to be functioning now, but in the admin, some of the language files seems to working and others arent

example:

on the main Admin page:

?osCommerce?

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS

BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS

BOX_ENTRY_FAQ

BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS

BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY

BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL

Catalog

CATALOG_CONTENTS, Manufacturers

My Store

TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE TABLE_HEADING_ACTION?

etc... some titles are shown, some are showing the variable name...

any ideas?

TIA 8)

Hey, Linda,

Here's one you may already be aware of (re: 1.0a):

LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID doesn't seem to be in the new admin LPD config table. Another nicety that I was planning to add is a config variable to just show the main pics on admin/categories.php via the LPD options...right now, it's all or nothing & I'm not using mo pics yet.

e of features are you concerned about being missing?

Eekks!! Left one of those in there did I? :shock:

I had that whole thing done up at one point then found myself losing the code. Note how the IF statement is written on those so data is not lost when a section is turned off.

Thought I had a line for each one.

I will check the LPD_MANUFACTURERS_ID and if written right, add it to the sql file, other wise, I will see what else needs to be done to make it one of the options.

Thanks for finding that one!

As to regular image and MO_PICS on the LPD ... it could be written in two parts, but you have to be very, very careful that the IF statements are grabbing the write chunks of data when each is turned off.

I make test products with 13 images that are more or less numbered. Then I load them all and then start playing with the peices and parts on turning things on/off to see what I lose.

Originally I was driving myself up a wall trying to get the LPD working properly ... then it came to me in a dream ... :wink:

Felt like a total idiot once I saw what I was doing wrong.

Little things like the word *echo*, silly little typos, things like that ... php is so darn fussy ... 8)

Linda

finally got it installed and working (for the most part)

was reading thru this thread and a couple of the other threads to try and find the answer, but then I stopped reading the others (thanks to certain peoples remarks.....) :roll:

here is the q: everything seems to be functioning now, but in the admin, some of the language files seems to working and others arent

example:

on the main Admin page:

?osCommerce?

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_SITE

BOX_ENTRY_SUPPORT_FORUMS

BOX_ENTRY_MAILING_LISTS

BOX_ENTRY_BUG_REPORTS

BOX_ENTRY_FAQ

BOX_ENTRY_LIVE_DISCUSSIONS

BOX_ENTRY_CVS_REPOSITORY

BOX_ENTRY_INFORMATION_PORTAL

Catalog

CATALOG_CONTENTS, Manufacturers

My Store

TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE TABLE_HEADING_ACTION?

etc... some titles are shown, some are showing the variable name...

any ideas?

TIA 8)

Umm ... are any of those titles in any of my language files? I appear to have titles for all 3 languages in the Admin ... perhaps you ... sort of like ... well ... broke something? :wink:

i guess i did break something... for some reason the language files were not getting called in the admin modules (or at least not all of them)...

very strange.... but i fixed it :wink:

i guess i did break something... for some reason the language files were not getting called in the admin modules (or at least not all of them)...

very strange.... but i fixed it :wink:

Coolness ... better you than me ... 8)

Otherwise I'd have to hunt this down and get out a bug fix even faster ... :shock:

I have a couple peices of groovy code I am working on and trying to finish that I'd like to put out in the next release which looks like it's going to be tomorrow or the next day.

Somewhere I forgot this was a holiday weekend and people sort of like ... you know ... kept showing up for celebrating ... go figure?!

groovy code - psychadelic 8)

something to add to your list (i know it must be getting short) :lol:

1) hidden products added in would be cool :wink:

2) adding the prev/next buttons at the top and bottom of the product info page

this is so cool to play with - i'm sure by the time i am done kicking the tires MS2 and a new version of SEC will be ready and we can start all over again :lol: :lol:

I need that head banging smilie from my board :wink:

i guess some people who have nothing better to do when they are not working like to bother people who have nothing better to do when they have nothing better to do..... :wink:

groovy code - psychadelic 8)

something to add to your list (i know it must be getting short) :lol:

1) hidden products added in would be cool :wink:

I hear you ... 8)

2) adding the prev/next buttons at the top and bottom of the product info page

You have the option for top or bottom.

I have not tried fooling with placement to get it to work on top and bottom at the same time.

this is so cool to play with - i'm sure by the time i am done kicking the tires MS2 and a new version of SEC will be ready and we can start all over again :lol: :lol:

New version of SEC is just around the corner ... couple new features ... few *cough* bug fixes ... neat stuff like that.

I need that head banging smilie from my board :wink:

LOL ... have to drag it over here and ask Harald to load it ... :wink:

(softly chanting so Ajeh can hear a subliminal message in her head)

(text attributes, text attributes, text attributes)

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

(softly chanting so Ajeh can hear a subliminal message in her head)

(text attributes, text attributes, text attributes)

Heard that! :D

Working on it too ... :wink:

For some reason, I can't add products to the cart. I try adding, but it fails on the shopping_cart.php page.

If I browse the category, I can click the 'Buy Now' button and add to the cart - but when I hit continue, I get the message saying 'Your shopping cart is empty'.

Also, on the product_info page, I see:

Test <-- I added this. The rest below is magic :lol:

this content for products_id 29. Called by: tep_get_products_html($product_id)

This is bold

This is red

On this page, Add to cart button does not work.

The URL is:

http://www.modainc.com/~arospeed/default.php

Thanks.

For some reason, I can't add products to the cart. I try adding, but it fails on the shopping_cart.php page.

If I browse the category, I can click the 'Buy Now' button and add to the cart - but when I hit continue, I get the message saying 'Your shopping cart is empty'.

Also, on the product_info page, I see:

Test <-- I added this. The rest below is magic :lol:

this content for products_id 29. Called by: tep_get_products_html($product_id)

This is bold

This is red

On this page, Add to cart button does not work.

The URL is:

http://www.modainc.com/~arospeed/default.php

Thanks.

That is a sample HTML auto add file in the /prodtext directory. Rename the file in there .txt and it will go away. I recommend rename in case you later want to use this feature and need to see an example.

On the products_id 29 that does not add.

You seem to have parts of my SEC v1.0 or v1.0a perhaps loaded.

But I do not see the quantity box on product_info.php

Does this just look similar? Or do you perhaps have only some of the code loaded?

If you added SECv1.0a there is a folder /CHANGED 05_18_2003 that accidentally got added to this zip.

That should be ignored as it takes the files back to 05-18-2003 on a lot of the pages. product_info.php being one of them.

That is a sample HTML auto add file in the /prodtext directory. Rename the file in there .txt and it will go away. I recommend rename in case you later want to use this feature and need to see an example.

Thanks, Linda. That took care of one problem.

Does this just look similar? Or do you perhaps have only some of the code loaded?

If you added SECv1.0a there is a folder /CHANGED 05_18_2003 that accidentally got added to this zip.

That should be ignored as it takes the files back to 05-18-2003 on a lot of the pages. product_info.php being one of them.

I have SEC v1.0a installed - and I deleted that code you mentioned because I did not want that displayed. LOL

Is that required?

I have SEC v1.0a installed - and I deleted that code you mentioned because I did not want that displayed. LOL

Is that required?

The way to change that so it works is to change:

<?php echo PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT; ?> <input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value=<?php echo (tep_get_buy_now_qty((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])); ?> maxlength="5" size="3"><?php echo ((tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_MIN_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?><?php echo (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_UNIT_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?>

To read:

<?php echo PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT; ?> <input type="hidden" name="cart_quantity" value=<?php echo (tep_get_buy_now_qty((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])); ?> maxlength="5" size="3"><?php echo ((tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_MIN_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_min((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?><?php echo (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) > 1 ? PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_UNIT_TEXT . (tep_get_products_quantity_order_units((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) : ""); ?>

That just sets the type="hidden" and change the define for PRODUCTS_ORDER_QTY_TEXT to ''

Now it will base the Add button on the Quantity Min or Units in a logical manner still ... 1 or whatever you have those settings set to.

Presently, with the code missing the value of how many to add to the cart, even being 1 is not there as the definition is gone for it on product_info.php and application_top.php gets a value of 0 when you click the button to add to the cart.