• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0a 05-1-2003

Ajeh

Has anyone tried it with Loaded 5.

Loaded5 is based off of a Feb release of OSC. Since then, there have been lots of changes. With all of the editing, I gave up, with the hope that I could migrate some of the features from there to this code. Hopefully that is the easier route.

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried it with Loaded 5.

Loaded5 is based off of a Feb release of OSC. Since then, there have been lots of changes. With all of the editing, I gave up, with the hope that I could migrate some of the features from there to this code. Hopefully that is the easier route.

If Loaded 5 is based off a February release, then this is not compatible. Linda has specified that it requires at least the March-24th CVS version of OSC.

Actually many of the features in loaded 5 are incorporated into SEC, except for the GV/CC/DC and the poll contrib.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Hi,

I sell big quantities and I just at specific amounts. How can I accomplish the following:

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...products_id=154

I wan to make look like this and I would also like to limit the quatities just to those set on that table. That way the customer can't select 501 or 1006.

Is there a way to do this with your contribution?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Matete

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the links to the progress boards yesterday...most helpful!

After running into the redirect problems others noted on my patched 3-24, I decided to install SEC1.0a on a fresh 5-18 snapshot & it's working GREAT so far...now if I can just keep from breaking it my adding back my previous mods, I'll be one happy camper.

I'm perplexed, though. I can't find the Limited Products Display & Login Controller links in Admin/Configure. I worked with it yesterday on the 1.0 version, and checked my db to make sure groups 27 & 28 are still there, but my admin config display box stops at group 15. Is there another on/off switch I'm missing? I checked to make sure I added the 2 statements in general & app_top, & looked inside the main SEC language file. I'm sure it's right under my nose, just like yesterday when I couldn't find old calls to your earlier contributions.

Thanks

Lee

Linda,

I've got the contrib version for the 5/18 snapshot and the snapshot itself and have a couple of questions. Are we also to integrate changes in login.php.txt and application_top.php.txt? It seems so on applition_top.php.txt, due to the comments in the file, but I'm not sure on login.php.txt.

Secondly, are we supposed to do anything with the CHANGED 05_18_2003 files folder or are the changes for this snapshot integrated into the files in the CHANGED folder?

Thanks,

Randy

Awana Grand Prix and Pinewood Derby racing - Where a child, an adult and a small block of wood combine for a lot of fun and memories.

So is there a way to upgrade Loaded 5 to the March Snapshot.?

If you use Beyond Compare possibly very carefully. But then you still have to add in the SEC also. If you are going that far, I would take the SEC into the May 18th snapshot, add the NEW gift certificate/credit class/gift voucher contrib, add the NEW poll contrib (if these are thing you need) and then compare to loaded 5. I think the only thing you will actually need to add is the thema that is in the contribution sections under Themes.

That is exactly what I will be spending my weekend doing. Using Loaded 5 at this point is pointless if you have to upgrade 3 major sections of it anyways.

But that is just my opinion. :)

Then keep up with the code upgrades via CVS. (I need to learn how to do this).

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Are we also to integrate changes in login.php.txt and application_top.php.txt? It seems so on applition_top.php.txt, due to the comments in the file, but I'm not sure on login.php.txt.

Secondly, are we supposed to do anything with the CHANGED 05_18_2003 files folder or are the changes for this snapshot integrated into the files in the CHANGED folder?

Sorry, it helps to read the installation guide too, not just the ReadMe file.

After checking the CHANGED 05_18_2003 files, it appeared they were the old versions of the files, so I didn't implement.

I'm good to go now. Now to test and add in the other contribs I need.

Thanks a bunch Linda :!: :D

If you use Beyond Compare possibly very carefully. But then you still have to add in the SEC also. If you are going that far, I would take the SEC into the May 18th snapshot, add the NEW gift certificate/credit class/gift voucher contrib, add the NEW poll contrib (if these are thing you need) and then compare to loaded 5. I think the only thing you will actually need to add is the thema that is in the contribution sections under Themes.

That is exactly what I will be spending my weekend doing. Using Loaded 5 at this point is pointless if you have to upgrade 3 major sections of it anyways.

I also began trying to update Loaded 5 just yesterday. It sure has a lot to upgrade.

the test worked well

in /snap all funtioned well

I moved everything to /

renamed /default.php = index.php

renamed includes/default.php = index.php

changed

filenames.php

define default.php =index.php

From admin/indludes/configure.php:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.trinity-works.net'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.trinity-works.net'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/trinity/public_html/'); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/trinity/public_html/admin/'); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/trinity/public_html/'); // absolute path required

In admin when i click on 'online catalog" It links to this:

http://www.trinity-works.net/admin/HTTP_CA...CATALOG_SERVER/

I can't seem to locate the solution.

My local setup works fine

anybody?

I think I will go with 2.2 CVS and then add the contributions included in Loaded 5 .

Hi

I have just installed this contribution with the recommended snapshot and all looks pretty funky except for one small problem.

In admin/configuration.php when looking at configuration-mystore I get the following:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_cfg_get_zone_name) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/name/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1233

Any clues please anyone :D

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

Hi,

I sell big quantities and I just at specific amounts. How can I accomplish the following:

http://www.8thoctave.com/osc_freecall/prod...products_id=154

I wan to make look like this and I would also like to limit the quatities just to those set on that table. That way the customer can't select 501 or 1006.

Is there a way to do this with your contribution?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am thinking of adding in an extention to the Discounts that would offer an unlimited number of quantity discounts.

I just need to find a nicer Store Owner interface if possible so there is not a lot of work involved.

Let me see if I can't finish this peice and you can test it out when I am done.

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the links to the progress boards yesterday...most helpful!

After running into the redirect problems others noted on my patched 3-24, I decided to install SEC1.0a on a fresh 5-18 snapshot & it's working GREAT so far...now if I can just keep from breaking it my adding back my previous mods, I'll be one happy camper.

Glad to hear this is working better for you. Good luck on the merge.

I'm perplexed, though. I can't find the Limited Products Display & Login Controller links in Admin/Configure. I worked with it yesterday on the 1.0 version, and checked my db to make sure groups 27 & 28 are still there, but my admin config display box stops at group 15. Is there another on/off switch I'm missing? I checked to make sure I added the 2 statements in general & app_top, & looked inside the main SEC language file. I'm sure it's right under my nose, just like yesterday when I couldn't find old calls to your earlier contributions.

There should be a new listing under Configuration called Limited Product Display and one for Login.

If not, you might check your configuration_group table they should of been added as configuration_id 27 and 28

Then check the configuration table for configuration_id 27 and 28

Also, you can sort your configuration table on configuration_key and they are all in the Ls LOGIN_blah and LPD_blah

The inserts for the configuration tables are in the data sql file.

So is there a way to upgrade Loaded 5 to the March Snapshot.?

Same as upgrading a regular oscommerce snapshot or anything else. Beyond compare can really help on doing this.

Be sure to back up all your files and MySQL database before doing this.

I've got the contrib version for the 5/18 snapshot and the snapshot itself and have a couple of questions. Are we also to integrate changes in login.php.txt and application_top.php.txt? It seems so on applition_top.php.txt, due to the comments in the file, but I'm not sure on login.php.txt.

The changes to application_top.php are needed.

The changes to login.php are only needed if you wanted to use the login/create account from the same page.

The CHANGED files are the files that match existing osCommerce files and either merge them with your files or overwrite depending on if you ever modified your files before and if the version ID is the same.

The NEW FILES are new files that should be checked before loading, but should be new.

Which version of your code will work with Ians loaded 5 snapshot (16 feb 03)

You are going to have to do a very careful merge first from Ian's Load 5 to 03-24-2003 or 05-18-2003 then add in the SEC v1.0 or v1.0a

Ian's Load 5 is based on MS1 02-17-2003 snapshot.

So, if you bring that current first to the version of SEC that you want to use, you can then add in the code from SEC without as much of a hassle as trying to go from Ian's right into SEC.

Hi

I have just installed this contribution with the recommended snapshot and all looks pretty funky except for one small problem.

In admin/configuration.php when looking at configuration-mystore I get the following:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_cfg_get_zone_name) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/name/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1233

Any clues please anyone :D

Check your general.php file that you did not make messies in it when updating it.

I don't have anything addressing zones. Perhaps something got overwritten or is deleted.

And for fun ... look to see if you have any extra blank spaces or likes before and after the <?php and ?> and that the last line of the file reads:

?>

all by itself on the last line.

Hi

Any clues please anyone

thanks

Rich

might be related to the store zone field in the configuration table

it was changed to a dropdown but i thought this was in the 05/19 snapshot and you indicated that you used the 5/18 snapshot take a look using phpmyadmin and compare to the base database for the snapshot you used

Hi Kevin

It is the 18.5.03. snapshot I have used.

Zones table is as follows:

Field Type Null Default

zone_id int(11) No

zone_country_id int(11) No 0

zone_code varchar(32) No

zone_name varchar(32) No

There is a drop down for zones and when you select a zone is does not appear in the table?

thanks

Rich

"May the seam be with you"

Thanks, Linda! It was the 2 configuration_group table entries. I'm just blown away with how smart this code is! I spent the day modifying my templates & just finished merging the /admin side. This is just amazing!

If not, you might check your configuration_group table they should of been added as configuration_id 27 and 28.