• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cookie usage error

ljp007

Im testing my site (version 2.1) on IE 6. When I click on the my account or checkout link, i am redirected to cookie_usage.php, which says I need to set my security policy to medium. Ive never received this message on any site, and have been accepting cookies on my pcs for years. There must be a problem with the file that checks for cookies. Is this a known bug and if so, can someone please help me with the fix?

thanks

I had same problem when I was testing. However, it worked for me in IE6, but I was having problems with Netscape 6. I submitted a bug report, but it is still open

I am not an expert, but I solved the problem by hard coding my URL into the function that writes the cookie in catalog/application_top.php

The original code was

// start the session

$session_started = false;

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') {

tep_setcookie('cookie_test', 'please_accept_for_session', time()+60*60*24*30, '/', $current_domain);

I changed to

// start the session

$session_started = false;

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True') {

tep_setcookie('cookie_test', 'please_accept_for_session', time()+60*60*24*30, '/', '.yourdomain.com');

I had the dot before the URL, but my test site is in a subdomain. I do not remember if it is necessary.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone with a little more expertise can enlighten us.

Archived