• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What's up with google?

rmyles

Is there an easier why to reassign the products_id variable, say in application_top?

The same thing is happening to me with google, I have changed the products_id to hgsinfo_hg on my site but I don't know whether this will help at all. If it is filtering anything past the = then this is tricky...

To change your products_id use a program like ultraedit which is capabla of mass text replacement. Replace products_id with something else in all *.php files in your catalog folder, then export your database, open the .sql in Ultraedit or similar program, and replace products_id with whatever, and thats it.

whether it helps I don't know yet, I am going to mess about a bit more with it.

Anyone know how to replacemask the equals?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been reading this thread for quite some time with great concern. What I found, though, is that laziness is rewarded. I didn't add any new stuff (including allproducts) to my pages to make them more Google friendly, and I've got a nice index going. Go figure! Only in America. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people, good gmt-x,

Well, i confess i use sid killer without success. Whats wrong!?? :cry: , the code works, and the spider simulators told me so, but google seems to be worried about competence pages. Someone posted that for getting indexed in google your default.php page should be placed at /. That seems illogical, but, i've placed a VISIBLE link in /index to allprods.php, thinking that this was a good fish-hook for a badly fisherman.

Nothing seems to work, my site is almost invisible for google, only a pair of pages that were linked from out the store are visible

• 1 year later...
oh my god - I swear it was there a minute ago. Shortlived is right?!? I am even hittting my browser history to make sure I have the exact search terms etc but now I only have my first page there? this is weird... must be the dance???

I have a similar thing with pages disapearing.

My site went live Sun, got craweled Mon, and amazingly I had 41 pages in Google on tues morning, verfied using site:http://....

Tuesday evening I have none!!

Whats all that about!!

Damo

:blink: Has anyone heard of, or even tried, a program called Web CEO ? Some of the features:

# Research your keywords

# Optimize your site for high rankings in search engines

# Submit your URLs to search engines

# Check your rankings with search engines

# Know who links to your site and competition

# Pinpoint broken links and other errors on your site

# Edit your Web pages in the WYSIWYG mode

# Upload HTML and other files to your server

# Monitor your website to know if it is up or down

# Track and analyze your visitors, ad campaigns, transactions, revenues, etc. with more than 120 live analytical reports

Does anyone know if programs such as these do anyting to improve ratings and increase traffic to websites?/ I downloaded the free version but have not tried it yet. Wasn't sure if it were worth it.

Michael

Archived