• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a MUST for attributes!?

vanGogh

is there any contribution which brings a pop-up or so to choose an contribution as a MUST.

Simple Example: the customer bys a mouse and HAS TO chosse which type of port he wants.

Regards

Stephen

maybe it wasn't clear. I know that I can admin attributes for products. And for a single attribute it works.

another example, customer buys a pizza and he has to or he can choose between several things he can put on.

I know what you mean, I think Linda (AKA Ajeh) is working on something that will do that but as far as I am aware it is still in development.

A very nice chap on here called Paul Whiter helped me with a bit of java script to do that on my site http://www.livefoodshop.co.uk/catalog/default.php

but as it rellies on the customer not making a selection to work you need to set up an option called "select from below" or somthing similar AND you will need Linda's attribute sorter so you can make sure that the "select from below" option is ALWAYS the first/default option.

Then with a bit more messing about (like deleting any products that have the same product id number as the select from below options id number)

it will work.

If you are interested and comfortable with editing code I will post how to do it.

Best wishes

Steve

I have that built in to the Shoppe Enhancement Controller.

You set a default to Select from Below as a display only attribute ... any attribute can be a display only, btw.

Then if the customer selects it, they get a warning in the cart and cannot checkout until fixed.

This does not use java.

You can see the Shoppe Enhancement Controller v1.0 at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...t=43444&start=0

Try both the Catalog and Admin, then test it out if you like.