• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Go-ped Online Super-store - Constructive Criticism Needed

surfkings

He wants you to have the OSC copyright at the bottom.

Your site is pretty cool. And it looks cool too!

A few quick minor things:

- You might want to make the "main_image.jpg" and .."store_main_images.." a little smaller. They take up a lot of prime real estate and they leave all of your products "below the fold".

- "Purchase Online" might make people think that they have to leave your site to buy the products.

- Why not display the cart contents throughout the site?

- You might want to consider displaying your phone number on contact_us.html. No phone number=fishy business to some.

Nic job!!

Some very good tips. I don't have the copyright on pages that aren't within the shopping system, but all of the oscommerce pages do have a copyright. I did remove the link though. Thanks for the tips!

Would you recommend writing something like online store on the button instead of purchase online? Or possibly something like find this item in our online store? The only reason I made these pages was to make the site more attractive to search engines, but its awkward because it doesn't directly link to the online store.

well done. I like the clean design and the colors.

Good luck & many sales;-)

P.S.: don't worry about this guy:

The_Bear

Pierre

Believer

Seems he became a believer because he's the top cop;-)

well done. I like the clean design and the colors.

Good luck & many sales;-)

P.S.: don't worry about this guy:

The_Bear

Pierre

Believer

Seems he became a believer because he's the top cop;-)

He's just saying that because that are the rules around here.

And if you want to review your site over here, just place it in your footer, or don't post here.

It's easier to remember, then to forget

I am still confused because I have the footer included that says "powered by oscommece". I don't have it on the personal pages I created outside of the shopping system. Are you supposed to have it on every page of your site, even the ones outside of oscommerce? For example my index.html page doesn't include "powered by oscommerce" but all the pages that were created by the oscommerce script do have the statement on them. Thanks!

you don't need to set it on your pages created by yourself, however since this looks like an addition to the cart, i'm not sure if you need to set it on them.

anyway, nice page !

zlack

It's easier to remember, then to forget

Archived