• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with shipping through Canada Post

I'd like to use one of the Canada Post shipping modules as my store is located in Canada, however after installing the CanadaPost Shipping Module 0.2.2 i've noticed that the module does not correctly reflect the weights I have entered in. Everything seems whacked. I read up on it in the forums but I'm confused about if there is a problem with that contrib that could just be fixed or if i must use the Canada Post Shipping Module with dimensions contrib. I took a look at that package and read up about it as well, but I'm rather confused about how I should go about installing it and which one I should use.

Does anyone have one of the Canada Post modules working properly?

<< threeOHsix(dot)org

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, and I am also as equally confused.

it seems if you set the wieght of your item to zero the shipping wieght through canada post start at 3kgs, but no matter how musc you order the wieght always stays at 3kgs ( because you started out by setting it to zero )

it is a tough one, I am looking for some answers my self if I find anything I will be sure to post it

FenDer BenDer

My store is also Canadian, and I tried the Canada Post module, but never got it to work.

Instead, I now offer flat rate shipping fees based on item weight, and so far, it's been pretty accurate.

If I have a very light item that packs large, I just cube its weight in my product description entry so that it will still accurately affect Canada Post rates.

Just let me know if anyone wants the table rate I've been using (only have it set up for Canada Post Expedited within Canada) but so far so good - I'm sure I'll still get a couple orders that cost more than what the customer is charged, but I'm currently getting about $0.50-$1.00 extra in shipping fees. The other key to ensure your weights accurately reflect the item and how Canada Post will classify it.

Jolyn

email: [email protected]

it seems if you set the wieght of your item to zero the shipping wieght through canada post start at 3kgs, but no matter how musc you order the wieght always stays at 3kgs ( because you started out by setting it to zero )

I'm not sure if you've looked at this yet.. but your shipping module adds the Tare weight automatically into the wieght of shipping calculation.. for example.. if you have an item that weighs 5 lbs and you have your tare weight set to 3 lbs.. then the shipping costs will automatically be calculated on 8 lbs.. (even if you have 0 lbs on your item, it will add in the 3 lbs of the tare weight to the calculation)..

The tare weight (how much your average packaging wieghs without any sale items in it, ie. carboard box, packing foam, free toothbrush in each package, styrofoam retainers, etc) can be changed on the Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging->PackageTareWeight.

-=jj=-