• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Want to add text input in attributes...

I'm setting up a new site and I want people to enter their name/text/a short sentence with their orders. This means that I need to set upa text input for this. Possibly, I would want in the "available options" section, a choice about "Custom Text".

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to create this? Or is there a contribution that would help me here?

Thanks.

BTW, here's an example page of where I'd want to include the option for adding a "your text" option:

http://www.mosaic-accents.com/product_info.../products_id/32

There is a contribution called Attributes Option Select that is available for download in the contributions section.

This contrib will allow you to choose from using Radio Buttons, Dropdown Menu, or even a TEXTBOX to select your attributes.

Hope this helps!

-R

I just tried to install this mod. It's exactly what I want, but I'm having a tough time with it. Does anyone know if this works with Loaded v5 based on MS1?

It should... but since I don't use Ian's Loaded 5, I'm not exactly sure.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Good Luck.

-R

Well, thank you for the offer Randy. Here goes my question...

I've updated my database with no problem and I updated the Admin Attributes page. Easy. :)

Now I decided to take this one page at a time. I decided to work on Product_info.php. First I updated the functions/general.php page. Then I updated the page with the changed code (which is not clear to me through the readme file).

When I uploaded the new product_info.php file, it seems to be working - I can create check boxes and such, but when I try to create a text selection, I can't input any text. It just shows the label.

I haven't even tried to update the order and shopping cart pages. One step at a time.

You can see the page I'm talking about here:

http://www.mosaic-accents.com/product_info.../products_id/32

If you have any thought, that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Mark

Is it possible that the text attribute is not meant for input, but only meant for adding more information? :?:

Is it possible that the text attribute is not meant for input, but only meant for adding more information? :?:

No... I have definitely seen this work correctly. A textBox should be available for input.

I would like to see your product_info.php and general.php files

If you use Yahoo Messenger or AOL Instant Messenger, give me a shout. My username is ugottasalsa.

Otherwise, email... [email protected]

-R

Did you manage to add that option ?

I have the same problem and only need users to be able to "add a custom text" - it's even simpler actually as that extra text will come from a script outside OSC and I do not require a manual entry text field, but only a custom text to appear with the product before it's ordered.

Example could be "first name", we cannot have a list of all existing first names, but that word must be specified in the product ordered...

Thanks,

Hi Guys

I'm fiddling with product_info.php becuae I'm trying to add a "choose a date" option (my site books artistes for events rather than selling mailable goods).

I'd love to use the squiffycal javascript which is used in admin (for entering "goods available from...") in catagories.php

Trouble is, I don't really know what I'm doing! :shock: Anyone got any ideas/ care to take a look?

Lee

Life is what happens to other people while you're writing a witty signature.

Did you manage to add that option ?

I have the same problem and only need users to be able to "add a custom text" - it's even simpler actually as that extra text will come from a script outside OSC and I do not require a manual entry text field, but only a custom text to appear with the product before it's ordered.

Example could be "first name", we cannot have a list of all existing first names, but that word must be specified in the product ordered...

Thanks,

Yes... there seems to be a very small mistake in the contribution code. In you product_info.php file, locate the following code...

case '5' :  // text

$products_options = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.collegamento from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and pa.options_type_id = 5 order by pa.attribute_order");

echo '<tr><td class="main"><br><b>' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_name'] . ':</b></td><td> </td></tr>' . "n";

while ($products_options_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_options)) {

$linked_attrib = tep_linked_attributes($products_options_values['collegamento'],$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);

$name_text = 'id[]';

$value_text = '{' . $products_options_name_values['products_options_id'] . '}' . $products_options_values['products_options_values_id'] . $linked_attrib;

if (strchr($products_options_values['price_prefix'],'s')) {

$special_class = 'productSpecialPrice';

} else {

$special_class = 'main';

}

echo '<tr><td class="' . $special_class . '">  ' . $products_options_values['products_options_values_name'];

if (($products_options_values['options_values_price'] != '0') && (!strchr($products_options_values['price_prefix'],'i'))) {

echo ' (' . tep_prefix_view($products_options_values['price_prefix']) . ' '. $currencies->display_price($products_options_values['options_values_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) .') ';

}

echo '</td><td>' . tep_draw_hidden_field($name_text, $value_text) . '</td></tr>' . "n";

}

break;

Inparticular... this section of the code above...

echo '</td><td>' . tep_draw_hidden_field($name_text, $value_text) . '</td></tr>' . "n";

Change it to this...

echo '</td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field($name_text, $value_text) . '</td></tr>' . "n";

That should do it for ya!

Let me know if it works out.

-R

Thanks for the explanations, I guess however this only applies if I have installed the whole package Attributes Option Select ?

My first concern is that it is so different from the version I have (French version based on Version US 2.2 MS1 CREload5), that attempting to insert the correct changes ended up destroying my original files.

Has anybody ever got their hands on a detailed list of what must be inserted and how ?

That said, what you describe seems to be exactly what I need...

Thanks,

Pierre:

I had the same problems. I'm using Loaded v5 and installing this mod became more complex than I could handle given my time. I may be able to give it another try this weekend. If so, I'll let you know how it goes.

i think you guys have the wrong contribution.

the Attributes option type selection contrib is for "select, checkbox, radio, select multiple", as it says.

what you want is

Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,160

it is specifically designed for Text fields. a moderate install.

The contribution that we were installing does allow for text box inputs as well - v2.0 allowed for that addition. However, I will definately take a look at the one you're describing. If it's easier to install, then I be so excited to try.

Thanks. :D

I'll tell you how it goes.

option_type_feature-v1.4 is the one I was trying to install, (v1.4 Release March 12, 2003), but it is way to difficult on the French version I have it seems...

Does anybody have the precise name or link to the other contrib you mention, I can't seem to locate any called "Attributes Option" in the contribs ? Under which section would it be ?

thanks,

Hi Guys

I'm fiddling with product_info.php becuae I'm trying to add a "choose a date" option (my site books artistes for events rather than selling mailable goods).

I'd love to use the squiffycal javascript which is used in admin (for entering "goods available from...") in catagories.php

Trouble is, I don't really know what I'm doing!  :shock: Anyone got any ideas/ care to take a look?

Lee

here you can get the basics...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ghlight=#128772

enjoy

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

• 1 month later...

I have found a contribution to add attributes to product listing. However, what I am trying to do is is put the attributes in a small list or table on the product listing page and not the drop down menu as I want to be able to view this as a course schedule.

Does this contribution allow this or are there any others you would recommend.

Paul

Archived