• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW: Anti Robot Registration Validation

Druide

I did all the SQL like:

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES ('19', 'Anti Robot Reg', 'Anti Robot Registration', 300, 1);

Because I didn't find the admin section...

Then I found the post do only this one.... and now I have 3 Anti Robot Reg in my admin section...

Can you help me?

By the way... it a great MOD Thanks!

Found it... I removed the 2 extra reccords in configuration_group... Saturday is Saturday....

I did all the SQL like:

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible) VALUES ('19', 'Anti Robot Reg', 'Anti Robot Registration', 300, 1);

Because I didn't find the admin section...

Then I found the post do only this one.... and now I have 3 Anti Robot Reg in my admin section...

Can you help me?

By the way... it a great MOD Thanks!

i wouldn't do the

'19'

part you have in your code when i am gonna release the new versione then you have to rewrite the sql again, but that up to you

Warren did that just to show you something that i had overlooked during making this contribution available for you all

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Ive just designed a new version of this mod based on Roberts code...

However, Im looking for testers to test it....

New Features...

*Better Javascript Validation Script When Editing and Creating Accounts

*Cleaner Visual Layout

*Still Uses Database, But Solves Problems People Were Having With First Time Recognition

*Option To Disable LookALike Letters Like D & O In Admin

*All Langauge In Language Files

*Extra Image Sets For Different Letter Styles (Not Distorted To Prevent Auto Charcter Recognition)

*Fixed Error Reporting Using PHP Sessions (You Need Register Globals :()

*MORE - But Cant Remember...

Please let me know ASAP testers!!!

Also - A large thank to Robert for creating the backbone of this :)

Warren

Warren, why don't you create your own contributions ?

I know you are free to update existing contributions,

but give me a break, you only want to put your name on stuff with your paypal stuff ... YUK

my 2 cents

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

but give me a break, you only want to put your name on stuff with your paypal stuff ... YUK

my 2 cents

Excuse me, I dont mean to be rude - Your version was very buggy, So I have spent neraly 24 Hours making it stable...

...and your saying that it was a waste of time!!!

Well - Im people dont appreciate what i have to offer - Then I will only offer to people who DO appreciate work done!!!

And NO the intention was not to put my PayPal info in there, it includes BOTH of our details shud anyone which to contact us or make a donation!!!

Ican't believe after all that work - you come out with that!!!

Excuse me, I dont mean to be rude
I wonder ....

Patience is a virtue
... but rarely practiced?

Now I remember what the purpose of OSC was really about .... { :idea: shines in my head}!

This is Open Source Code and at least one purpose of posting is to get free feedback and improvement to the code so that you might, if you wish, go on and use elsewhere for a profit.

I personally never show my paypal account in any of my contributions but if you wish, why not solve the problem by replacing both of yours with mine?

If anyone wants to do any free improvements to any contributions that I have made and re-post, I will be delighted to give you a list to work on!

I thought this was a good idea when I saw it a few days ago - well done Druide - but though it a good idea to wait a bit until the code became a bit more stable.

I am now very excited (in a paternal sort of way) about Warren's improvements and personally can't wait to see them.

Yes, I know I am stepping into a private squabble and that you both probably feel I should keep my nose out of your affairs, but what the heck, that must be a Brit thing I guess?

Anyway, I have lots of experience bringing up kids :evil: but know very little about Anti Robot Registration Validation ....

At the moment, I am not improving my overall knowledge very much, if you get my drift...

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

my 2 cents

Hello Gentlemen.

Let's not argue or exchange words with one another.

To MR Druide i just wanted to say that looking at it, you have done a great job by being the Original creator or Inventor of the contribution. Good work!!

Now here's what comes to play.. The codes you created or contribution you created is an Open source which i believe means Somewhere there's the original creator an others are free to modify it as they want TO FIT THEIR NEEDS but always KEEP THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OR INVENTOR'S NAME ON IT .

Warren has done alot of improvement to this contribution of yours and looking at his last post he is just trying to IMPROVE THE WORK EVEN MORE.

And i dont think there's anything wrong with that. Instead if i was you, i would be happy to see my work evolve to something new an interesting.

There is a guy in this forum somewhere, the guy is so cool you know , i read his post following something just like this one here. Someone was trying to improve his work because there was too many bugs in it you know what he said?

I will be happy to see my work get improved because it will make me happy to see that i didn't work in vain in the first place.

So to finish all i wanted to add to this is that instead of viewing it the wrong way ( you are saying he is stealing your work) be positif and let's all work together to make the best out of our shops. That's all this Open source is about...

Let's make the money BRO!

Regards.

Okay guys,

My point of view is just that it could been discussed how to go further with this contribution, so THAT WE CAN WORK TOGETHER on making it another contribution that is ready for everyone and every version.

I haven't been contacted or whatever to do such a thing, that is my point here.

Sorry if i didn't made myself clear to you all, i do appreciate Warrens work and improvement but it would be nice to work WITH the original author of a contribution to make it better.

Sorry if you dont agree with this. I didn't started this contribution to give it away without finishing it, anyway thanks for your replies

Warren:

Sorry and Thanks but contact me next time before you modify one of 'mine' contributions, i would appreciate that very much.

Together working on a project is better then anything else...

my 2 cents

Since i am moving to my new house i will not be online this week till my cable connection is transferred

Robert

Sorry and Thanks but contact me next time before you modify one of 'mine' contributions, i would appreciate that very much.

Together working on a project is better then anything else...

The only reason why I didnt contact you is that I knew you were moving home and I thought that you may be busy...

Anyway - Thanks to the 17 testers, you know who you are... If anybody else would like to test my version, let me know ASAP as I am going to relase pretty soon :)

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

Ok somehwere between MS1 and the latest CVS (which in effect is MS2) the form_check.js.php fiel has radically changed.

can anyone tell me where all the java went???

and has anyone worked out how to get it to work on MS2???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok,

i tried this on my snapshot from april,

but i have a problem, i go to sign up an account, and it never accepts the validation code, i enter it, and then hit continue and it virtually refreshes the page, with all fields accepted accept the validation, it just regenerates a new code, so i reenter that, and still when i hit continue refreshes again,

whats wrong??

Don't die with the music in you!!!

Failure is just another boundary to sucess!!! But that doesn't mean your getting somewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

I am using v 2.2 MS2 as of 7/12/2003.

And am using the

Anti Robot Registration Validation 1.0.1a

-----------------------------------------------

Created on tep_snapshot-20030508 2.2 MS2 CVS

I do not have the following files:

catalog/create_account_process.php

catalog/account_edit_process.php

catalog/includes/modules/account_details.php

Also the file: catalog/includes/form_check.js.php does not have the following code:

var telephone = document.account_edit.telephone.value;

or

if (document.account_edit.elements['telephone'].type != "hidden") {

if (telephone == '' || telephone.length < <?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_MIN_LENGTH; ?>) {

error_message = error_message + "<?php echo JS_TELEPHONE; ?>";

error = 1;

}

}

I did not check the rest of the code. Either I'm going completely nuts, and have a brain fart or I have the incorrect stuff. (I can't imagine how?)

I would appreciate any help on this.

Ray :(

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i have just added this contrib to my site...

but i am getting this error o my create account screen

1146 - Table 'wa604sb_osc1.TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION' doesn't exist

DELETE FROM TABLE_ANTI_ROBOT_REGISTRATION WHERE timestamp < '1060191116' OR session_id = '014e1f09555caa21089bb887ffa83bfa'

[TEP STOP]

can any one advise me what i am doing wrong...i thought i added the particular file to my database...but i may have done it wrong as i dont know how to work the database ...ca anyone advise what i am doing wrong please

jk

Hi Guys....

Can anyone help me with my cart....?

I have the mod installed in the files.....

But there is nothing showing (except the name in column left-admin)

but, nothing shows...like settings, etc.

and on my "create account" page, the letters don't show.....

I'm a rookie...so don't yell.

Is it the mod, or phpmyadmin?.....can anyone help...soon????????

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Rick.............

http://www.shopabundle.com

hi...i have been trying to find an answer to my post on last page but i cant find it anywhere in this post and to add to my problem in my admin there is aout five anti robots but blank page after..

i have tried adding the extra 300 as i found earlier in this topic but that just gives me this

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )

VALUES (

'300', 'Anti Robot Reg', 'Anti Robot Registration', 300, 1

)

MySQL said:

Duplicate entry '300' for key 1

so this along with my earlier posted error means i am stuck and cant use my site at mo so can anyone advise me what i am doing wrong

...is anyone around to help please

jk

ok i found something which correct the initial error...so now i have the correct look on the screen but the wording is not coming up correct instead of the validation php wording coming up this comes up

CATEGORY_ANTIROBOTREG

ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG

ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREG_TEXT

how do i get the correct wording

also i have 13 antirobot reg sections in my admin? all with blank pages

i still cant add the extra 300 in sql file?

sorry to keep posting but trying to et on top of it

any one?

jk

any chance of anyone knowing how to get this working on the ms2 release?

i had put it into my ms1 that i was working on,, boom,, ms2 is released,, and started over,,, i cant figure how to put this into ms2,, but i loved the way it worked,,

any ideals

thanks in advance

Tom