• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW: Anti Robot Registration Validation

Druide

Error

SQL query:

Remove e column, then sql can set a value ie

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )

VALUES (

'Activate for New Users? ', 'ACCOUNT_CREATE_VALIDATION', 'true', 'Force the user to enter a visual code when creating a new account. (OPTIONAL)', 736, 20, '2004-08-08 17:00:00', '2004-08-08 17:00:00', NULL , 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'

);

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

BUT... no image with the characters display.. anyone has any idea for which reason i have this problem!?? thanks in advance!

check your gd library support

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

HI,

After I've read thhe topic i have successfully installed this Contrib. But I couldn't find any solution for applying the anti robots registration V3.1 contrib to "tell_a_friend.php".

I've found only a Sample-Source for V2.5 , but the files are too different and I'm not a PHP-Expert.

Maybe anyone can give me instructions to modify "tell_a_friend.php", please?

Thank you

Tom

(Sorry about my bad english, but I am not a native english speaking Guy ;)

Ok,

I have (again) decided to do a complete rebuild of my shop and I am receiving this error once I get to installing this contribution ( I get the same error live on my server as well):

Parse error: parse error in \www.xxxxx.com\catalog\includes\filenames.php on line 64

Line 64 of this file reads as follows:

define('FILENAME_ACCOUNT_VALIDATION', 'account_validation.php');

I beleive there are two instances of "account_validation.php" but Im not sure which one would be causing the problem as they were copied straight from the contribution to the appropriate directory.

The only contributions installed at the moment in the following order are:

1.Oscommerce RC2a fresh

2.UltraPics 2.08

3.Site Monitor V 1.9

4.Disable checkout V1.2

I have double checked the install sequence and all seems as per the instructions.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I would need to check that would be appreciated.

Cheers!

After I've read thhe topic i have successfully installed this Contrib. But I couldn't find any solution for applying the anti robots registration V3.1 contrib to "tell_a_friend.php".

I've found only a Sample-Source for V2.5 , but the files are too different and I'm not a PHP-Expert.

If you look back through this thread I've posted details on how to apply to any page already.wink.gif

Sam

Contributions:

Have been running v2.5 of this excellent contribution on osC MS2.2 for a couple of years now without problem.

Upgraded sql using various supplied vresion upgrades in v3.1 folder, downloaded and manually amended files as per instructions, etc.

Now getting this error message...

Validation Code

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_image_captcha() in /home/dogsnos/public_html/cart/includes/modules/validation.php on line 37

Latter file in question at line 37 reads...

$validation_images = tep_image_captcha('validation_png.php?rsid=' . $new_guery_anti_robotreg['session_id'] .'&csh='.uniqid(0), 'name="Captcha" vspace="8" border="1"');

My understanding is that error message calls for an image link, but what image?

Can anyone help this amateur get v3.1 up and running?

Edited by mcdr

Have been running v2.5 of this excellent contribution on osC MS2.2 for a couple of years now without problem.

Upgraded sql using various supplied version upgrades in v3.1 folder, downloaded and manually amended files as per instructions, etc.

Now getting this error message...

Validation Code

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_image_captcha() in /home/dogsnos/public_html/cart/includes/modules/validation.php on line 37

Latter file in question at line 37 reads...

$validation_images = tep_image_captcha('validation_png.php?rsid=' . $new_guery_anti_robotreg['session_id'] .'&csh='.uniqid(0), 'name="Captcha" vspace="8" border="1"');

My understanding is that error message calls for an image link, but what image?

Can anyone help this amateur get v3.1 up and running?

I have reverted to the original version I was using via backup files but although everything seems to work in the Admin control my resultant Captcha panel is black - yes I did change background and text colours in admin. Using STS v.4.x See attached image:

validation-prob.gif

Additionally, does anyone know how I can make captcha panel surround black instead white leaving a coloured panel and white fill in box against the black design background? Any help much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I`m Tomas from Northern Ireland. I`m really glad that i can use and modify OSCommerce. Just Launched my own shop few weeks ago.

I`ve a problem with Anti Robot Registration. Don`t know what is wrong.

I`ve got error message: >Invalid Validation Code< when user try to use contact form and type in the letters from the picture and then hit "Continue" button.

What is really funny, it doesn`t happens all the time. May work ok on my Laptop, same time don`t work on wife`s laptop...

What is wrong?

Cheers,

Tomas

http://beeshrimp.co.uk

Edited by beeshrimpstore

Sorted.

I cleaned database and reinstalled new ARR entries. It works fine now...

Just wonder is this protection really good? Some people says that some robots can go trough this protection.

What do You think?

Cheers,

Tomas

Hi guys,

i've been using this contr. from some times and never had any problems. From a day to another image stop to show.

I checked if there were any modifying files (i used the site monitor and i also double checked all files) but all was correctly setted up.

I also have a beta site on another domain and hosting wich actually is the same of living shop (i normally use this one to install new contrib. and then move the living shop) and on that hosting contrib. still works perfectly.

So i think something has changed on my living shop hosting. I checked the GD library support but .png seems to be supported

gd

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

FreeType Version 2.2.1

T1Lib Support enabled

GIF Read Support enabled

GIF Create Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

gettext

GetText Support enabled

Now i don't know how to let it works, nor where to look on php config to see is everything is fine

I'm actually running ver. 2.9, i also tried to update to 3.1 with no luck, immage still not showing.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Fabio.

• 3 weeks later...

Can be a server issue, what is the server type & versions?

Also Check what options are supported by your GD library, XBM support & jpeg required.

Hi Sam,

I am having this same problem "Generation Error: Missing SID Please Refresh browser". My site has been working fine with this add-on for over a year and I have not made any changes to the site in several months, but now it's getting the error. Per the documentation, I checked the anti_robotreg table and there are 4 entries in the table. I then tried running http://www.yourdomain.com/catalog/validation_png.php?rsid=with each of the 4 session ids, and all 4 got the error. I called HostMonster to validate what you suggested (GD library, XBM & jpeg support), and all are enabled. They said nothing has changed on their end with these items.

Here are some host details:

Server OS: Linux 2.6.28-10.40.intel.E1000E.BHsmp

HTTP Server: Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 0.9.8l DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

PHP Version: 5.2.13 (Zend: 2.2.0)

Database: MySQL 5.1.47

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks,

Chuck

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed your useful contribution Anti Robot Registration Validation. But i got "Generation Error: Missing SID Please Refresh browser". I don't' know why this type of error is showing. i tried very much possibilities but still got the same error.

Please let me know the solution for the same.

Thanks

Nilesh

• 4 months later...

Sorted.

I cleaned database and reinstalled new ARR entries. It works fine now...

Just wonder is this protection really good? Some people says that some robots can go trough this protection.

What do You think?

Cheers,

Tomas

Hi Thomas,

I'me having this issue too,

When you say that you Cleaned and reinstalled new ARR entries,

what exactly do you mean.

Could you talk me through it?

Regards

Piperman

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Just signed up!

I am using, osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.1 (latest version)

I just installed the Captha mod,

I used Anti Robot Registration 3.0_english.sql

and did a manual edit of all pages everything works great

Thank You, you are very knowledgeable in this program, it fit

right in with a load of admin options as well.

I just can't seem to find where to change the color of

the table row or cell that contains the Captha image and the related

text info that was located in account_validation.php, I also looked

in the style sheet and all php pages it came with but with no luck.

If anyone knows please let me know

Thanks again,

PF

Edited by phpfan

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have installed the captcha plugin and am almost finished but cannot get the captcha image to show up. I'm not getting errors, the validation box is there along with all the contents except the captcha. GD support is enabled, fonts are installed...my gut tells me it's something simple, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me an answer?

Thanks

I have installed the captcha plugin and am almost finished but cannot get the captcha image to show up. I'm not getting errors, the validation box is there along with all the contents except the captcha. GD support is enabled, fonts are installed...my gut tells me it's something simple, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me an answer?

Thanks

Nevermind, found the answer HERE. Must have missed it the 1st, 2nd and 3rd time through, lol.

Thanks to all who contributed and never gave up on supporting this add on.

Dan

Edited by olproducts

• 4 weeks later...

I am using V2.2 RC2

I cannot import 3.1 sql, but I successfuly import 2.8

I can only use validation_png_2.5.php

The problem is sometimes the charecters appear abnormal

helpme.png

I tried many settings in configuration but does not work

Please kindly help me

Edited by ebuymonster

• 1 month later...