• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW: Anti Robot Registration Validation

Druide

FOR THOSE OF YOU NOT GETTING THE REFRESH IMAGE/TEXT.......

The issue is that the code for it was not included in the instructions when modifying an existing store. Go to the catalog\account_edit.php file in the package that you downloaded. Search that file for "refresh". There will be a block of code that you'll see that needs to be inserted into the files on your site that you want the Captcha to display on. (Be sure to edit the links in that block of code to refer to the page you're inserting it on.)

That should do it. However...... that only refreshes the page. If someone would/could make it just refresh the image so you don't lose the data you typed in, that would be great! ;)

Uhm...

Probably I didn't understand how the lost of SID works...

Anyway... the above mentioned code is this:

<!-- // ************************************************ -->

<!-- // BOF v2.9.1 Anti-Robot Reg mod by Richard Cranium -->

<!-- // ************************************************ -->

<!-- // Adds easy ability for customer to refresh -->

<!-- // the verification challenge text, in the event -->

<!-- // that it is difficult to read. -->

<td width="5"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '5', '1'); ?></td>

<?php if (DISPLAY_TEXT_REFRESH == 'true' && DISPLAY_BUTTON_REFRESH == 'false') { ?>

<!-- // Display new text message with hyperlink to refresh image challenge -->

<td class="main" width="100%" NOWRAP><span class="main">Digitare nell'ordine i caratteri che compaiono nel box grigio.<br/><i>Questo previene eventuali processi di automatismi da parte di male intensionati</i>.<br/>Please click <a href="account_edit.php"><b>HERE</b></a> to refresh the image.</span></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<!-- // Is the refresh button flag set? -->

<?php

} elseif (DISPLAY_TEXT_REFRESH == 'false' && DISPLAY_BUTTON_REFRESH == 'true') {

?>

<td class="main" NOWRAP><span class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_ANTIROBOTREFRESHTEXT; ?></span></td>

<!-- // Draw the "update" button and link it to the current form (password_forgotten.php) -->

<!-- // You can replace the button art with anything you like. Just remember to place it in -->

<!-- // the directory catalog/includes/languages/<your language>/images/buttons -->

<!-- // Also be sure to change catalog/includes/languages/<your lang.>/account_validation.php -->

<td class="main">

<?php

echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '1');

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_update.gif', 'Refresh Image') . '</a>';

?></td>

<?php

} else {

?>

<!-- // If neither hyperlink text display nor refresh button display flags are set -->

<!-- // OR if both flags are set to "true", then display the standard text message -->

:blink: A question: but the link I show in bold doesn't makes lost the SID ???

Yes it will unless you use force cookie use, that is clearly an error in that version (I`ve not looked at it) the line should be:

<td class="main" width="100%" style" white-space:nowrap;" ><span class="main">Digitare nell'ordine i caratteri che compaiono nel box grigio.<br/><i>Questo previene eventuali processi di automatismi da parte di male intensionati</i>.<br/>Please click <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT); ?>"><b>HERE</b></a> to refresh the image.</span></td>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

Edited by spooks

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Yes it will unless you use force cookie use, that is clearly an error in that version (I`ve not looked at it) the line should be:

<td class="main" width="100%" style" white-space:nowrap;" ><span class="main">Digitare nell'ordine i caratteri che compaiono nel box grigio.<br/><i>Questo previene eventuali processi di automatismi da parte di male intensionati</i>.<br/>Please click <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_EDIT); ?>"><b>HERE</b></a> to refresh the image.</span></td>

Thanks ! :rolleyes:

Is it ok also in this way ?

<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL', true, true);?>

Fine, as long as your uesing a secure server

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Fine, as long as your uesing a secure server

About me, all my site is in https (also I don't know if is a totally ok solution).

I think there is another "mistake" here probably...

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_update.gif', 'Refresh Image') . '</a>';

It not works for me. In this way yes, but moving the gif in the proper folder...

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'button_update.gif', 'Refresh Image') . '</a>';

Is it right ?

Yes, your correct, you'll be working as a programmer soon!!!

:D

Sam

Contributions:

Uhm :huh:

Yes... FIRSTLY thank your suggestions ! :blush:

Second because of this lost SID situation ! <_<

...And I also don't know anything about PHP !!! :lol:

:rolleyes:

PLEASE !

I think I changed all the tep_href_link...

I tried Force Cookie Use... both as False and then as True...

I tried Image Required as False and True...

NOTHING !

I still have the lost SID red alert ! <_<

If I check in Admin the page Who's On Line I can see myself, but ID is 0.

Is this right ?

I begin to think I probably have some problems with Database... I mean,

how to check if it records the SID and then it gives it back ?

What can I also check ???

I think to have installed the contribution in the right way...

HELP!!!

-----------------------

I put an .htaccess file inside include folder with this code:

<Files *.php>

Order Deny,Allow

Deny from all

</Files>

Is it right ? Or is it wrong ?

----------------------

Edited by TheZag

Uploaded new version:

Anti Robot Registration Validation 3.0 (re-written)

Update from 2.9 (not 2.91) but re-written

Added two new filter options, distortion & lines. The filter options available are now:

Variable random horizontal/vertical character positioning.

Variable random character angles or skew.

Random lines in background or foreground.

Vertical/horizontal distortion.

Random image scatter or diffusion.

Random image noise.

Image interlace .

Image gray scale.

Any combination of filters can be used, filters are additive.

Added alternate view button, in case image is unreadable. (No loss of data)

Corrected install for current version of Links Manager II and admin control for validation option.

Moved some code to new modules (includes/modules/validation.php & includes/modules/validation_check.php) to ease install & updates.

Moved the many assorted function routines to the function file, where they should have been placed at the start.

If upgrading, please note this is a major upgrade & all files within the package are effected.

This has been tested on PHP 4 & 5, SQL 4 & 5, osC 2.2 ms2, rc1 & rc2a and is register_globals off compatible.

I did this update sometime ago but have only just now got time to upload. I hope this addresses some of the issues a few people have had.

This contains extrra checking & error messages for missing SID, so if this is an issue for you hopefully it will be easier to track down cause.

:)

Sam

Contributions:

Please Note, the Post install testing detailed in the install is not valid for this version (instruction should have beeen removed), so don't do it, the extra error trapping should catch any problems, so long as you installed everything...

Sam

Contributions:

Hi there,

I am indeed having a slight problem. Everytime I fill in a Contact Us form, I get the error message, Invalid Validation Code. Now please don't tell me to search through this entire thread because, I have. Is there a solution to this problem?

I've installed the latest Anti Robot RegV. Even copied over the contact_us.php included in the download but still no luck.

Regards, Jake.

Hi

I've got 2.3 installed and would like to upgrade to 3.0.

Just to clear this in my own mind if I update my database from 2_3_to_2_5.sql then update from 2.6 to 2.8_english.sql then update from 2.8 to 3.0_english.sql is this correct.

Thanks in advance

Mike

does this only occur with contact, is it ok on others?

what version php/sql ?

Sam

Contributions:

Yes, that should work, (not that I`ve tried it)

Its mostly just admin settings & the new code generally will use a default if a value aint set

Sam

Contributions:

should be fine with those versions

Its odd, as this version uses modules, its the same process thats used wether its create account or contact, so if one works they all should.

Most likely a sid issue, the code is generated from the sid, then when code is checked the sid is used again to decode, so if the sid changes between input & check then it will fail.

Could you have anything that might cause sid loss, so regeneration? http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=330479

Sam

Contributions:

Well I've had a look through the thread you suggested and might have come across something. I'm not sure if this matters but I've a lot of these

<a href="index.php">Back Home</a>

type of links in my html file as I'm using STS. Navigation bar for example. Although I browse though my website daily and don't find I'm losing my.. "Sid" at any time.

Might this be part of the problem? If so how should I code the navigation bar?

Regards.

Edited by jakedavi

Have you checked that if you log in then browse you don`t get logged out?

Is force cookie use on?

As I detailed:

must be:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>">Back Home</a>

instead.

I am aware of sites that relied on force cookie use to allay this problem, but issues kept appearing, so they reverted to the correct method instead, problems gone.

Sam

Contributions:

Hey Sam. Great contrib.!

I just installed 2.9.1 and got it working and now I'd like to upgrade to 3.0 for the refresh w/o data loss feature.

Do I need to go through the whole installation process for a modified store, or is there a way to just add the "refresh w/o loss of data" part?

Thanks!

Sorry, I did'nt do 2.91 & I know it has some issues. 3.0 is a re-write & most things are altered or moved, your best bet it to uninstall 2.91 then install 3.0

3.0 is modular, so the edits to files are much reduced, ie much of the code you had to add b4 is now redundant.

Sam

Contributions:

Have you checked that if you log in then browse you don`t get logged out?

Is force cookie use on?

As I detailed:

must be:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>">Back Home</a>

instead.

I am aware of sites that relied on force cookie use to allay this problem, but issues kept appearing, so they reverted to the correct method instead, problems gone.

Yes, I can browse the shop and am still logged in for quite some time. I don't think force cookie use is on and I'm not sure how to activate that. Also could you explain what you mean by they, reverting, to the correct method?

Using tep_href_link for all links

If your not then only using cookies can prevent problems

Have you tried testing after clearing cache & cookies?

Sam

Contributions:

Also can you confirn your using the code from 3.0

Sam

Contributions:

In reply to Zag from other thread.

The sql files are given self explanitory titles, so no need to refer to them further.

If you installed after version 2.8 just run the 2.8 to 3.0 sql

3.0 is a re-write & most things are altered or moved, your best bet it to uninstall then install 3.0

3.0 is modular, so the edits to files are much reduced, ie much of the code you had to add b4 is now redundant

As mentioned in install some files are optional like link_submit.php it belongs with links_manager II, so if you don`t have that don`t bother with it.

Sam

Contributions:

Sam,

Hey. I am installing 3.0 now and after running the 3.0 Eng. SQL file I got an error that said........

Error

SQL query:

SELECT *

FROM

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible ) = "736"

ORDER BY configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE CONCAT_WS("-", configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, config' at line 3

I don't know MySQL well enough at all to begin to understand what this means or what I need to do to fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks!