• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW: Anti Robot Registration Validation

Druide

I am also having this problem. Only works in create new account and nothing else. I was reading above a few posts of this:

Where are you supposed to put these lines in each of the files please?

There is only one line which can be inserted and the code runs properly:

$antirobotreg = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['antirobotreg']);

This should be inserted under the first appearing of the following condition:

if (ACCOUNT_VALIDATION == 'true' && 

You can insert the code into the files where antirobot registration does not work.

good to see that one of my old mods is still alive and kicking,

Y'all keep UP the good work!

Peace OUT !

Druide

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

good to see that one of my old mods is still alive and kicking,

Y'all keep UP the good work!

Peace OUT !

Druide

If this add-on is really your work, would you please give an answer to my first question about it?

See my comment entered on May 30 2008, 04:56 PM

Thank you!

lehjoz

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but I can't get going with what I know is a fab mod to osC.

I've done a fairly clean install.

Nothing super special so far just an About Us page and changed Top to Home. WOW ;-).

I have followed INSTALL B path from the html file for this must have add on.

I think I got the right php files uploaded using ftp. Then I got stumped at Step 1.3 'run the SQL script'??

What!! :blink:

?

There's something on my server called Msql admin (either with a number 4 or 5). I think I logged into 4 and found an import button on phpMyAdmin that allowed me to upload the 2.5sql and 2.6sql files. (this feels like a white knuckle ride).

I get an error message for 2.5 (duplicate entry?) and 2.6 returns successful query.

Is this 'running' scripts?

I got a phpMyAdmin manual but it doesnt mention 'running' scripts so I dont know where to turn to for advice.

Suffice to say I dont see anything in the configuration panel and no funky type in what you see business. :(

Please can anyone tell me what I missed.

I am desperate to get this mod up but I know NOTHING!!

Many many thanks!

TW

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Friend,

Thanks for this contribution. It is a great one. I installed the Anti Robot Registration Validation 2.6. Everything works fine. The image and the box are showing on create_account.php, password_forgotten.php and contact_us.php.

I've recently changed all my page URLs for SEO purposes. The site is working fine but Anti Robot Registration Validation stops showing.

What I did is: I renamed catalog/create_account.php, catalog/password_forgotten.php and catalog/contact_us.php to something else, renamed their corresponding files in the language directory and renamed them in the includes/filename.php file.

Although Anti Robot Registration Validation doesn't show up anymore, when somebody tries to register on the site and submit the registration form,he/she gets an error message: "invalid or incorrect validation code etc".

When I put back the original file oscommerce file name, the Anti Robot Registration Validation starts showing/working back.

I can't figure out what I should change within the above files to get Anti Robot Registration Validation to display.

Please, help!

Thanks.

JBS7

Please does any body have any clue to fix this issue? :(

Thanks for helping.

JBS7

I have the same problem.. The addon works fine, but I think the on the fly auto thumbnailer is overwriting the security code somewhere, producing a "No Image" box, instead of the verification code?

To fix the above issue, I've had to remove the No Images section of the auto thumbnailer (found on the addons section of the site)

To do this:

Go to catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Locate around line 96:

// if no file exists display the 'no image' file

if (!is_file($src)) {

$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

}

Replace with

//if (!is_file($src)) {

//$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

sadly, that means that any products without images will just show broken links :s

I don't know enough PHP to fix it

//}

Edited by m.a.t.t

To fix the above issue, I've had to remove the No Images section of the auto thumbnailer (found on the addons section of the site)

To do this:

Go to catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

Locate around line 96:

if (!is_file($src)) {

$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

}

Replace with

//if (!is_file($src)) {

//$src = "images/no_image.jpg";

sadly, that means that any products without images will just show broken links :s

I don't know enough PHP to fix it

//}

Thank`s for reply!

But this is not a solution.

I want to use "Anti Robot Registration Validation" with "On The Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library 2.1"!

A simple workaround, restore the stock osCommerce tep_image() function back into html_output.php and rename it to something like tep_image_stock() or whatever you like, and use it for images which don't need thumbnails such as the validation png.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

A simple workaround, restore the stock osCommerce tep_image() function back into html_output.php and rename it to something like tep_image_stock() or whatever you like, and use it for images which don't need thumbnails such as the validation png.

Thank you Alex! It`s working! :lol:

Hi guys,

I installed that contribution and it works very good.

Well, recently I changed my host and later realised that now I have to set option "Use true fonts" to false, otherwise it doesn't work. Strange. I am not sure if it related to host or something else. This problem is not a big deal, I just set it Off. Other thing is bother me more: The title header of image box has the same color as info boxes. I recently changed the color to darker so now it is really hard to read that title. How I can change either title font color either box title color?

Thanks!

Computers777dotcom

Hello All,

I have installed this mod and double checked the install (I used live shop)

The Problem is that it is not showing the code that needs to be imputed.

I have the box and the wording--

"Enter the letters as shown above the box.

This help prevent automated registrations. "

But no code is shown

Does anyone know why??

Thanks

Hello All,

I have installed this mod and double checked the install (I used live shop)

The Problem is that it is not showing the code that needs to be imputed.

I have the box and the wording--

"Enter the letters as shown above the box.

This help prevent automated registrations. "

But no code is shown

Does anyone know why??

Thanks

I am no expert, but you can try this:

check setting to use True font. If it sets to true be sure that you uploaded true font to your store. If it still not work change that setting to False it may help.

Computers777dotcom

I am no expert, but you can try this:

check setting to use True font. If it sets to true be sure that you uploaded true font to your store. If it still not work change that setting to False it may help.

I would like to get it working correctly. Everything seems to work correctly except it will not display the code.

I have tried both font settings without any luck. Perhaps I am confused on uploading True Fonts to the store. What file would I upload and to where would I place it.

I really appreciate any help you can give

I am going to try this out soon. Does it have an audio clip that the user can activate instead of reading the text, for the users unable to read the text.

I would like to get it working correctly. Everything seems to work correctly except it will not display the code.

I have tried both font settings without any luck. Perhaps I am confused on uploading True Fonts to the store. What file would I upload and to where would I place it.

I really appreciate any help you can give

Search your computer for files *.ttf, then copy font file(s) (for example arial.ttf) to your catalog/images/fonts/ directory.

Set settings to reflect the name of font you copied.

This is it.

Computers777dotcom

I have installed this contribution and am very excited about its protection, but I have ran into a small issue.

It seems to work correctly and even generates an image, but it is too small to be read by even me.

I have uploaded a picture to demonstrate how small the image is. This is with the text length set to 10.

Picture%202.png

If anybody has any suggestions on how to fix this, I am welcome to all help.

Thanks.

I tried to install version 2.7. Everything works except from the verification code. I cannot see any letters, It says no image. I tried to find the solution above but nothing changes. I uploaded the font arial.ttf but where do I have to go to change the font from admin pannel? I ony see Anti robot reg with these :

Activate the Anti Robot Registration? true

Activate for New Users? true

Activate for Editing of User Account? true

Activate for Changing Passwords? true

Activate for Contact us? true

Activate for Password Forgotten? true

Length of Validation Code. 5

V2.7 does not use the ttf version, so fonts not needed, so long as your using validation_png.php and not renamed validation_png_2.6.php it should be fine.

I have now sorted the variable issues with validation_png_2.6.php so will update in time.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

V2.7 does not use the ttf version, so fonts not needed, so long as your using validation_png.php and not renamed validation_png_2.6.php it should be fine.

I have now sorted the variable issues with validation_png_2.6.php so will update in time.

but it still doesn't work. Do I have to make a change somewhere?

Double check you have uploaded all the requiered files, perhaps you forgot the function?

Errors are disabled on the call so you wont see normal system errors is you've missed something.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Double check you have uploaded all the requiered files, perhaps you forgot the function?

Errors are disabled on the call so you wont see normal system errors is you've missed something.

I have checked all the files but I have the same problem .Take a look

screenshot

I have installed the contribution Basic Design pack (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3570). Do you think it affects the Antirobot contribution?

Uploaded 2.8.1

Missed some lingering bugs in validation_png.php from 2.6, fixed, no other files effected.

Some values, or combination of, could cause failure, some were incorrectly set.

I hope this has finally caught all those pesky bugs.

;)

Sam

Contributions: