• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I ADD a new shipping zone???

samsamsam

I'm creating a my shipping zone rates but everytime I click on Zone Rates in the shipping module, it takes me to Zone 1. Well I've already configured the zone 1 rates and I need to create and configure zones 2 and 3, etc.

I can't find any options for creating and configuring new zones beyond zone 1 :evil:

Can anyone help?

thanks

• 3 years later...

find the file zones.php in catalog/includes/modukes/shipping and find line // CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 1;

change $this->num_zones = 1; to the number of zones you want

I tried this and it did not work. The reason. You have to remove zones in the admin panel then add again. This loads the new setup.

• 4 months later...
find the file zones.php in catalog/includes/modukes/shipping and find line // CUSTOMIZE THIS SETTING FOR THE NUMBER OF ZONES NEEDED

$this->num_zones = 1;

I tried this and it did not work. The reason. You have to remove zones in the admin panel then add again. This loads the new setup.

I've tried to change from: $this->num_zones = 1; to $this->num_zones = 2;

3 more entryfields will come out in Admin->Modules->Shipping. When I put new zone countries like AT,BE,GB,FR,DE,GL,IS,IE,IT,NO,NL,DK,PL,ES,SE,CH,FI,PT,IL,GR and zone shipping table, the datas are not store. Maybe need more mods.

Anyone, help!

• 5 weeks later...

I've also changed the zones.php file to have 5 zones. But whatever data I add to the extra fields in the admin interface (i.e AD,GB) is not stored.

What can I do?! :'(

Hi guys,

I was facing the same problem, then I followed normie his advice. So you should act like this:

- Adapt zones.php, change $this->num_zones = 1; to how many zones you want

- Go to admin screen -> Modules -> Shipping

- Click on "Zone rates"

- Click on remove on the right of this module

- Then click on install to reactivate this module

Then you will have the titles above all the editfields if you press edit, and the values will be stored.

• 3 weeks later...

$this->num_zones = 1;

I'm very new to this... how can I access the zones.php file? Do I need an FTP software?

Please advise.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help someone who managed to get rid of their "remove" and "install" buttons in Admin's shipping modules section?

(Luckily, modules are working and correct for most of our shipping needs when customers place orders. Edited recently to reflect new USPS flat rate envelope price; need to remove and install some modules to handle new international mail and the remove/install choices are gone from my admin panel)

• 7 months later...
Hi guys,

I was facing the same problem, then I followed normie his advice. So you should act like this:

- Click on "Zone rates"

Then you will have the titles above all the editfields if you press edit, and the values will be stored.

thats exactly what should have been said in LOADS of other forums!! best info you cou;ld have given!

Ardley

Store:Gadget-Net

Can anyone help someone who managed to get rid of their "remove" and "install" buttons in Admin's shipping modules section?

Why dont u try to hide buttons after install once? i think its easy to do

DJS

thats exactly what should have been said in LOADS of other forums!! best info you cou;ld have given!

You have to uninstall and reinstall anytime you change the code in the modules files.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi guys,

- Click on "Zone rates"

you, sir, are my hero.

• 4 weeks later...

yes it worked fine!!!!!!

I just updated "zones.php" under catalog>includes>modules>shipping

and

came to admin again

and

removed and reinstalled the "Zone Rates" under "BOX_MODULES_SHIPPING"

Thaannnnnnkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssss to prestige2u

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Eveyone.

I'm trying to change the zones from 1 to 3 and everytime i do and save it, For some reason it's not being saved and it keeps going back to 1.

When i first tried to edit the file i received this error:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/MYSERVERNAME/public_html/shop//includes/modules/shipping/zones.php

So then i changed the properties of the file from 644 to 777 and now i was able to edit the file and change it to 3 but it Will Not Save It.

Any ideas or suggestions please?

RCHP

{EDITED}

Never Mind.

I downloaded the file to my desktop, Made the required changes and reuploaded it and now it's kept the changed settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything worked perfectly, but when I went to check out, it said that the rates could not be calculated at that time.

At that point, I started a new customer account, and the option for shipping came AFTER I filled out all my personal information. Even then, the same message came up saying it could not at this time calculate shipping, and the option was for $0.00

Any ideas?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I've followed all the steps but it doesn't work.

I changed it like this: $this->num_zones = 2;

Do you have to change it as well in ECO as in the OS folder, because the zone.php is on these 2 folders ??

Or do I need to change it somewhere else??

Whatever I do, the lay out on the admin panel doesn't change it into 2 zones.

Any more advice??

Thanks Liesbet

Hi guys,

- Click on "Zone rates"

Hello!

I've followed all the steps but it doesn't work.

I changed it like this: $this->num_zones = 2;

Do you have to change it as well in ECO as in the OS folder, because the zone.php is on these 2 folders ??

Whatever I do, the lay out on the admin panel doesn't change it into 2 zones.

Any more advice??

Thanks Liesbet

$this->num_zones = 1;

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the zone rates.

I have uninstalled the module and changed the zones.php file as described but when I try to reinstall, I still only get one Zone.

All other shipping modules have been uninstalled in case they were interfering.

Currently working with 2.2RC2 with quite a few customisations but none affecting the shipping.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

- Click on "Zone rates"

I hope someone can help pls. I need to setup 2 zones for different shipping rates and I followed the example here and it worked. I was so happy until i tried to do a checkout and then found out the following message. "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

Zone Rates

No shipping available to the selected country"

Anyone can advise me where i did wrong pls ? I need to get the zone up urgently. Tks.

Archived