• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CAO - I'd never done this w/o Oscommerce

caconline

You have done lots of good work but I think it looks very "flat" - needs some spicing up! Instead of that pink, why not use the red in your logo and follow it through in the colours of your site.

CAC is a brick and mortar store based in Cebu, Philippines. We have been in the appliance and electronics business since 1979.

I found your welcome message a bit confusing. Maybe I am tired tonight, but I thought at first that you sold bricks and other building equipment. I see that you want to emphasise that you are a "real" shop in addition to being an online one, but I think you could reword things. Also, don't ask your customers what you should feature - it's not their job and they won't tell you anyway. You tell them what is what, not the other way around.

Please feel free to contact us as to the sort of products you would like to be featured in this site.

I think putting the links to all the Pro Audio sites on every page (as they are on the Right Column) is a risk as you are sending people away from your site constantly. Maybe set up a Links page and have them there instead.

In your Currencies box you put the US dollar value = Phillipine Peso - this will get you into trouble as the rates will change daily and someone might want to hold you to what you have quoted there.

Anyway good luck with it all! Hope that helps some. :)

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

You have done lots of good work but I think it looks very "flat" - needs some spicing up! Instead of that pink, why not use the red in your logo and follow it through in the colours of your site.

Unfortunately, my color schemes have always been on the bland side ever since my first website which happened to be very very bright neon green... (ugh) I'm still embarrassed about that.

Anyway. ^^ There will be more color on the site once I've put up some brand logos in the blank space between my store logo and the three little gifs on the right.

I followed your suggestions about the welcome message.

This:

CAC is a brick and mortar store based in Cebu, Philippines. We have been in the appliance and electronics business since 1979.

Is now this:

CAC is an appliance and electronics store based in Cebu, Philippines. Though we have been in the business since 1979, our online branch is only about a month old.

And this:

Please feel free to contact us as to the sort of products you would like to be featured in this site.

Is now this:

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or requests concerning our product lines.

Thank you for pointing those out. It does sound better now.

Those Pro Audio Links will have to stay there. When I removed them, my father made me put them back because he kept getting calls from his dealers asking where the homepages of those ProAudio brands are.

As for currencies, the rate is now 1$ = 50P, in favor of the Philippine Peso. 8)

Archived