• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

quantity controller and gift voucher/coupon contributions

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...coupon&start=40

In the thread above (for the new gv contrib) I wanted to add the gv mod to an ms1 store that has the quantity controller mod

I'm opening a new thread in case someone else is trying this as well..

Linda says..

Lots of changes on the Catalog side ...

We both addressed a lot of the same files. As long as you are careful, you should get everything in there.

I'd also recommend Downloads Controller v5.3 in place of the shipping/payment classes and not need to touch the original osCommerce shipping/payment modules that way.

I would like to know what the downloads controller does in relationship to the existing store and when adding the gv mod .. do I merge that (the dowload controller) code in first and then skip modifying the same files in the gift voucher mod ?

Any extra background/direction will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Load 5 has the Free Shipping and Payment modules in it that really work better with older versions unless you have them both turned on and weight in all products except for free shipping products.

Downloads Controller v5.3 fixes this issue.

If you turn off the Free Payments and Free Shipping the store does not lock up on the checkout when there are no weights on the order.

In addition, it manages the downloads themselves based on the settings in the Payment Modules.