• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I need some opinions

John W

Hi All,

My store isn't very modified or fancy and it's been up since December. Now, my main concern is that I see people hit my main page and then not go further. A problem I wonder about is the size of my images but my customers like to be able to see large detailed images. Some even say they wish the images were bigger. The people who buy like the site very much but I can only guess why the people who do not buy leave. So, that brings me to you. Take a look and you can be a brutal as you feel like about it. What doesn't kill me makes me stronger :) .

Here is the site http://www.driedflowersrus.com/catalog/default.php

I'm not really a dog.

I like your site. Looks good at first sight.

But maybe you could make the startpage a bit more interessting for people to look at? Maybe add a background, whatever.

Good luck , Zlack

It's easier to remember, then to forget

from the forums rules

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed. Not only are you using osCommerce, but you will also receive valuable advice from the osCommerce community. If your site does not contain this, the posting will be deleted.

and now about your site.. i really like it.. it's quite a plain instalation, altough it looks really nice...

cheers

emiliano

patagonia, argentina

from the forums rules

Not only do the general forum rules apply here, but any stores discussed here must have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed. Not only are you using osCommerce, but you will also receive valuable advice from the osCommerce community. If your site does not contain this, the posting will be deleted.

and now about your site.. i really like it.. it's quite a plain instalation, altough it looks really nice...

cheers

emiliano

I don't get this either emiliano.

Something we missed or?

It's easier to remember, then to forget

hey John.

your images don't seem too big to me. maybe install some kind of moPic or extra image module so that you have thumbnails for the catalog and HUGE images for the popups. that should make them happy :)

also, maybe buy a template and fit it into OSC to set your store apart. kind of give yourself and "edge." templatemonster has some very nice looking templates in its flowers category that would fit very easily and very nicely into osCommerce (though not a simple task).

http://www.templatemonster.com/category.ph...at=36&x=22&y=14

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

Looks good

Only thing that i can complain :wink: about is the "buy now" buttons color should be the same as the "add to cart" layout.

I would looks better in my opinion =)

Cya

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for the input!

Dreamscape, can you tell me more about moPic or extra image modules? Is there a contribution that does that? I had looked before but didn't see one. I had recently thought about using the URL function on the categories as a way to separate the different sized pics. I'm going to look for a contribution now.

I'm not really a dog.

I suggest moving your payment options logos to your footer, and maybe put the text further down the page. What will make people buy is nice images of your products, and if they have to scroll down to see them, you've missed an opportunity.

An image added to the background of your header would make the site more eyecatching too.

The first thing I see (almost the only thing!) is heaps of text. Make your welcome text more concise, smaller font and not bold. With your Categories and Bestsellers boxes both full of text the effect is just too much.

Your images are right down at the bottom of the page. And flowers are so beautiful! Use them, I am sure you could take some beautiful images and make more use of them. I don't mean product images, but extra images just to brighten the site up.

Like in the header as suggested or instead of that big 4 leaf clover-looking thing next to your welcome text. I'm sorry, but that just looks awful. And it means that all your text is pushed over which means that it flows down the page further. Try wrapping the text around that image (and better still, replacing it with something nicer looking).

Perhaps move the Reviews and What's New boxes up - because they also have thumbnail pictures in them which means less of an overload of text as soon as I enter the site. And yes, you need to install one of the Mods that will give you a small file size for your thumbnails.

Hope that helps! :)

Jen

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

Archived