• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal and completing order sequence and process?

DonH

When using PayPal as a payment option, I use the IPN at PayPal so I get the proper info sent. When it jumps from my store to PayPal payment screen it goes through correctly using the code provided in this form. However... And my problem is once payment is made... How do I get it to complete the process in my store?

My PayPal receipts show what items and how much... But it never actually completes the order in my store, therefore I never get an order number and order for both the people who run the store or for the customer.

How can I correct this and make it all complete the order process?

FYI: I set the IPN URL to my main store catalog... This does not work. I tried to set the IPN URL to the stores order_complete PHP file... This didn't work either.

HELP PLEASE! :?:

Do you have the PayPal IPN contribution installed?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I'm curently trying to install it now. It's all in... But it refers to insureing the notify_url in the payment modual Admin->Modules->Payment->PayPal IPN- I don't have any such place to set this... In my control panel it lists PayPal IPN, but I have two things in there.

1. Transactions

2. Send Test

Did I do something incorrectly??? Seems like this is going to be one question after another... All I wanna do is use PayPal and know what is going on with it..

AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Set it to what though?

I have a business account and IPN is on in PayPal...???

You need to set the link back in your PayPal Business Account and make sure it is turned on!!

Standard PayPal accounts dont allow IPN!

Warren

I should have both in my admin/modules, but I have only PayPal. Where does the PayPAl IPN come from, how do i get it and so on?

You set the callback link from your account on PayPal to the path to the PayPal Call back file!

Waza, I don't understand either. I'm using PayPalIPN, I have a business account, and the only way so far that I know an order has actually been placed is when PayPal notifies me that I have received a payment. Then when I go to admin in my store it does show the order with "pending". Is this the way it should work or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!!

p.s. I know this is a question in TIPS but it follows the thread. The thread shouldn't be here tho.

Sorry.

not to mention that the data has to be acessed via phpmyadmin instead of the storefront admin. Can anyone fix this? i wish I did- i am just learnig how to use dbs at all, much less writing stuff!

psst... wanna buy a wand?

check your modules > payment > PAYPAL IPN

also take note of the FAQ / RULES where to ask questions, this is not the place to do so

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem, also you will master it someday ;)

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)