• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Credit Class/Gift voucher/Discount Coupon v5

Ian

Warren,

Do you get any output on checkout_payment.php for Gift Vouchers/Discount coupons at all.

e.g. Do you have a redeem box.

Yes I get a reedeem box - Just noting to say use vouchers...

:(

What do you think?

Warren

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The checkbox should be located just above the redeem box.

The only thing that affects the ouput of the checkbox is whether the current customer has funds in their Gift Voucher account. The value of which should be shown in the shopping cart box.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

What would help is a Screenshot and top email me a copy of the 'view source' for checkout_payment.php

Okay Ian.. I've just downloaded your update. So basically, All I have to do here is just replace the files mentioned from the new zip that you just uploaded right? Just making sure.. Is all.. And with these fixes.. Should I be able to see the voucher in my que via the admin? And automatically in my shopping cart upon purchase?

By the way.. Just to clarify this thing about naming the Gift Voucher with GIFT first.. Let me get this straight.. Do you want us to actually name the products name beginning with GIFT as so in capitals? or do you want us to put the all capitals GIFT in the Products Model Number? Knowing for certain will help alot, and help others too in case they may be confused too.

Thank you Ian

Christine

By the way, I just uploaded the files mentioned from your fresh upload.. and there is no change.. Still getting the same missing page etc..

Christine

Christine,

Forgot to mention you need to update the admin/coupon_admin.php from the update contribution.

Ian,

Okay, I did a test purchase and purchased one of my Gift Vouchers. It recognized the fact it was a Voucher because no shipping console appeard and it went right to the check out process.. Okay.. that's good and all, but I need to know this. After the purchase is done, do these funds automatically go into a customers Voucher account. Or do I have to manually email them out to the purchaser?

Alright, and with that in mind.. I went ahead and sent an email to myself being that I was the purchaser out of the Vouchers Admin with the amount of the voucher purchased.. (25.00) and then, I got the email.. it worked.. yaayyyyy.. :).. Okay, so now I have the email. I clicked on the link provided and then logged back in and my voucher was then redeemed. So , then, I went ahead and put over 60.00 worth of goods in my cart and went straight to check out. When I was checking out.. No box appeared where I could use my voucher in any way, and the funds are still showing up fully in the bottom half of my Shopping Cart. So I'm thinking this is a bug. What do you suppose is causing this? Interuption with the free shipping class of orders over 75.00? Cause that's what I have it set to. Orders over 75.00 will receive Free shipping.. Just a thought here. But I may be right about this one..

Thanks.. Looking forward to hearing from you

Christine

Oh yes, I almost forgot.. Is there supposed to still be a redeem Voucher page where one could insert their voucher code into to also redeem their money? Or is this function no longer in your newest version?

Thanks again..

Christine

Ian,

I found something else too.. When logged in as a customer and you wish to send some money out of your voucher account to a friend.. In their email.. The link does not work when you click.. Just dead. It is this way also I noticed for new account sign ups.. In their email.. It tells a new sign up that they are getting a 10.00 voucher for creating an account at the site.. And the link is dead.. One would have to cut and paste.. And unfortunately.. Not all people are savvy enough to figure that out.. So I think this needs to be fixed to. Also, where and how do you turn on and off the function to automatically give out 10.00 vouchers for the new sign ups? I mean, some weeks I may want to do that.. And others I may not.. Which is totally understandable.. :)

Thanks again

Christine

Christine,

Regards the missing checkbox for paying by Gift Voucher. Can you check what sort oders you have set fr discount coupon & gift vouchers. Try setting it so that the sort order for Discount Coupons is less than that for Gift Vouchers.

Hi Ian,

I really feel silly right now.. You see, the entire time.. I didn't know that there was buttons to turn on and off via the order total mod.. Anyway.. I set them on green and off it went.. Working good.. And it appears to be by default, that the sort order is this , Discount Coupon is 9 and the Gift Vouchers Coupon is 740.. Why so high? Just a tad confused Ian..

Okay, so anyway.. I went through and made a purchase having 25.00 in my voucher account and opted the option to use gift voucher funds.. Well.. The thing is this.. It appeard to post it.. But it didn't deduct the amount from the original total.. And I still got charged the amount without any voucher funds to deduct off of the original price. What mean is this, The total was 92.00.. Now minus 25.00.. It didn't deduct.. It was still 92.00 . But I got free shipping because I have that opted in the order total mod, as I've stated before. Still wondering if there is interference between the two mods.. Let me know what it is either way will you please? thanks

So other than that.. It's working,, and with the exception of the links in the emails being dead.. I think this thing is ironing out good.. It truly is a great contribution Ian.. Keep up the good work! :))

Christine

Christine,

Your correct, there is no longer a separate redeem page. This was removed as the redeem box is now in checkout.

As for the email links. Is this not an email client problem. When I get the email on my home machine linux/kmail the url's are not clickable, but if I receive it on a win/outlook box the links are clickable.!!!

Oops,

Forgot. The settings for the new customer Incentives are in catalog/includes/add_application_top.php.

Christine,

This is probably a sort order problem.

Try setting your sort orders as follows (assumes you don't need to recalculate tax)

Total - Sort order = 9

Discount Coupon - Sort Order = 7

Gift Voucher - Sort Order = 8

Ian,

I would like to thank you very much for all of your help.. And just to verify.. I'm sorry, but again, you didn't say why the voucher/coupon was not deducting itself from the original price in the checkout price and I was still being charged the full price.. But however, the voucher was used up and no longer available.. Great if you're into ripping peeps off.. LMAO.. But not so good on a good business level.. Well, I think you get my meaning here.. But I try to be funny. Can't help it.. hehehe lol

Thanks again Ian

Christine

Woohooooooo, I did like you said. And it worked! Deducted it and presto.. Got free shipping and the 25.00 off the original price.. :)

I'll keep my eye out if anything else seems odd.. And let you know asap.. But thank you very much.. For all of your help and most of all, patients.. I know it can be stressing at times.. And we all want things yesterday.. LOL :) So long for now

Christine

Ian ..

I have Linda's Quantity Controller installed on MS1 and am in need of the gv mod .. do you have any advice on how to mesh them ?

They can be merged. Very, very, very carefully ... :shock:

Fortunately, I try to document my changes as clear as I can and so does Ian.

Make lots of back ups ... and be very careful on the merge.

Thanks Linda !

The admin portion worked pretty easily but the storefront wasn't happy about it so I will make another attempt this weekend knowing that it is possible :)

Surprisingly, the Admin is way easier ... :D

Lots of changes on the Catalog side ... :shock:

We both addressed a lot of the same files. As long as you are careful, you should get everything in there.

I'd also recommend Downloads Controller v5.3 in place of the shipping/payment classes and not need to touch the original osCommerce shipping/payment modules that way.

It also works a lot better ... :D