• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

sort and link products

Anguz

I need the visitor to be able to sort the list by whatever column that's displayed in the products list, like: code, weight or price... pretty much like you sort your emails in your Yahoo! or Hotmail inbox

I found this contribution: Product Sort

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,911/page,11

but from the description I'm not sure it does what I need and wouldn't want to make the changes needed and then find out it doesn't

also I'd like the product description page to have "prev" "next" links to the following or prior product in the list, in the order that it was sorted with the method mentioned above...

what do I have to do? :)

yes, I tried it... for a moment now you made me wonder if I post this question about something that was there

I tried again, but it doesn't sort the columns :/

You are refering the listing of the products via the default.php that displays the product listing, correct?

You have not added any add-ons for this?

As to Prev/Next ... I posted an update to the original add-on but it is not looking at sort orders or managing itself based on searches etc.

It is only concerned with products in the category.

This could be customized. And is on the To Do list to have a variable set to the array used that overrides the category group and use that instead.

This way if you come from What's New, Search or Product Listing you would be in the order you last were looking at for the Prev/Next.

Plus the fun part of getting you back to where you came from without a major issue. 8)

no, I haven't added anything for this yet, cause I'm not sure what to add

yeah, it's the default.php file when you ask to list the products in a category

As to Prev/Next ... I posted an update to the original add-on but it is not looking at sort orders or managing itself based on searches etc.

It is only concerned with products in the category.

This could be customized. And is on the To Do list to have a variable set to the array used that overrides the category group and use that instead.

This way if you come from What's New, Search or Product Listing you would be in the order you last were looking at for the Prev/Next.

Plus the fun part of getting you back to where you came from without a major issue. 8)

I see... I'll have to study more about arrays and learn to do what you tell me here

thanks for the hint ;)

about the add-on you mention for this, which one of the two prev-next is it?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ions,878/page,4

or

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1164/page,5

This is the one I fooled with and made some changes to.

I have to check and see if I am not using a new modificaton with some changes Kim showed me the other day to make it better.

When I get done with the current project I am working on I will be looking at creating a *smart* array ...

This is the one I fooled with and made some changes to.

I have to check and see if I am not using a new modificaton with some changes Kim showed me the other day to make it better.

When I get done with the current project I am working on I will be looking at creating a *smart* array ...

nice! I'll let that wait 'till you're done with the smart upgrade ;)

it'd be really nice to have a notification system for the contributions, to be alerted when one received an upgrade :)

hehe... I'm 'watching' this topic, but don't worry about it, I'll be checking the contribution for the upgrade from time to time ;)

btw, did you have a look at the link I gave you? is it supposed to be like that? cause when you said it should sort the columns by clicking the title, it made me wonder if I somehow changed something to disable it, but I really doubt it, cause I didn't mess with the code

Something is changed on your page.

Are you sure you are using the original default.php and product_listing.php for that snapshot?

yeah, well no, I did change the header and took out some boxes on the sides, but I didn't change anything else other than that... but those changes weren't made to default.php or product_listing.php files now that I think about it

just as a note, I don't know if it may be the reason, I'm using version 2.2 MS1

No that code has been there since forever ...

I am not sure how you are missing the links if you never touched the default.php or product_listing.php files.

This is straight MS1 ... not Ian's Load5 or some other version right?

No that code has been there since forever ...

I am not sure how you are missing the links if you never touched the default.php or product_listing.php files.

This is straight MS1 ... not Ian's Load5 or some other version right?

no, it's straight MS1... the file name is "oscommerce-2.2ms1.zip"

here I rar'ed the two files I have:

http://www.anguz.net/anguz_osc.rar

Something appears very different in your files.

I am looking at 02-22-2003 and have the links.

I don't have a MS1 from the 17th loaded, but if I get time this weekend I will load one and see if there is something different that I can see. But somewhere I think you have a file that is not current or has been modified and removed the sort links.

Something appears very different in your files.

I am looking at 02-22-2003 and have the links.

I don't have a MS1 from the 17th loaded, but if I get time this weekend I will load one and see if there is something different that I can see. But somewhere I think you have a file that is not current or has been modified and removed the sort links.

I got mine from here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/downloads/milestones

I wonder what went wrong lol

I'll wait for your reply after you have a chance to check out the code

thank you very much for your help, Linda :)