• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Eeek probably going to regret this but ....

Looks nice!

Maybe adjust the header a bit more, to let it fit more into the site?

Nice job done.

It's easier to remember, then to forget

Very nice looking but like zlack said header and footer not centered with shop and you should do something about the sizes of your images

HTH

The_Bear

Kinda confused here. Everything seems centered fine. But I have a feeling it might be a resolution issue. Im using 1024x768. So Im guessing you might be using 800x600 and it dont look too good at that resolution which would explain the comment on the image sizes???

Looks nice but...

1) the automatic redirect on the home page may hurt you in future search engine rankings. You may want to change Store.html to index.html, or something like that.

2) Why are you using a frame to disguise the URL? That too may hurt your SE rankings.

3) I clicked on your home page link that reads: "If you are not directed to the store in a moment Please click HERE" and I was taken to ----

htp://www.gaysexchat.net/store.html

What's that about? Now I have to make sure I clear my history and cookies content...

Really wierd... I don't know what happened... I tried a couple of more times to see if I'd be taken to the site mentioned above again. It seems to happen to me when I am in the store, I click on the "Top" link, and then it takes me to the home page which then forwards me to www.gaysexchat.net.

I've never seen that before.

Short of it is the-rage.com is on a NT box with no PHP the-rage-shop.com is on a Unix box with php where the oscommerce site sits which also is where gaysexchat.net sits. They were suppossed to be pointing the-rage.com to the same IP the-rage-shop.com is and remove the gaysexchat.net domain from that IP. Which when that was done then I wouldnt need the store.html since the-rage.com and the-rage-shop.com would be on the same box. Which from your post Im guessing that isnt done. Time to send another email.

Thanks.

Looks nice but...

1) the automatic redirect on the home page may hurt you in future search engine rankings.  You may want to change Store.html to index.html, or something like that.

2) Why are you using a frame to disguise the URL?  That too may hurt your SE rankings.

3) I clicked on your home page link that reads: "If you are not directed to the store in a moment Please click HERE" and I was taken to ----

htp://www.gaysexchat.net/store.html

What's that about?  Now I have to make sure I clear my history and cookies content...

Dont know where you see that. I click top link and it goes to the-rage-shop.com that domain name isnt mentioned any place on my code. Errg. If it wasnt that I have been with these guys for 6 years I would be thinking about switching hosts.

Really wierd... I don't know what happened... I tried a couple of more times to see if I'd be taken to the site mentioned above again.  It seems to happen to me when I am in the store, I click on the "Top" link, and then it takes me to the home page which then forwards me to www.gaysexchat.net.

I've never seen that before.

It's really wierd. I also don't see it in the code, but each time I click on the "Top" text link, I'm taken to the home page, and then to the gaysexchat.net page.

Funny thing is no matter how hard I try I cant seem to duplicate that. It always goes to the-rage-shop.com . But I just emailed my guys again so hopefully that will be taken care of by Mon or Tue. Certainly would confuse the heck outta people.

Good luck. I'll look again on Monday or Tuesday. I've had wierd DNS propagation issues happen to some of my sites when I was in the middle of transfering servers. But again, this is unusual. Could it have something to do with the way you are using frames?

No I thought about that and just checked everything points to the-rage-shop.com in the html. But you do have a point it could be a DNS issue. Which then Im going to feel like crap cause the email I sent wasnt the nicest, not real nasty but abrupt. Ehh no biggy right now. Im live but not like Im getting any traffic yet. But let me know if you see that again by Tuesday.

Thanks.

I just tried again...

It looks like you have two URLs. 1) the-rage.com and 2) the-rage-shop.com

the first URL works fine.

the second eventually forwards me to the gay site.

Maybe as a temporary solution, you want to change your base default URL to www.the-rage.com for your default home link?

No cant see that is the problem that started this. the-rage.com is on a NT box with no PHP or Mysql the-rage-shop.com is on a Unix box with. the-rage.com domain should of 2 weeks ago been pointed to the same box and IP that the-rage-shop.com is on and the gaysexchat domain should of been trashed. Someone dropped the ball or DNS is screwy.

Well, good luck. I'll check back in a couple of days to tell you if this is still happening.

All the best. :D

I'm trying your site today on my office computer. It's working but...

When I click on the Home text link, I'm taken home, then it forwards me to this page?:

http://www.the-rage-shop.com/blank.html

Which is (as you can read) a blank page. However, no more sexchat store. Also, your title tag on your home page needs to be updated.

Good job.

Mark

Ignore that title tag comment. I was looking at something else.

however, I'm still curious - why are you hiding the URL with frames? What are the benefits to that? I'd be concerned with search engines.

the-rage.com and the-rage-shop.com is on 2 different boxes. 1 NT the other Unix this was done while I was deciding what ecommerce app I was going to use, because my host doesnt like to put PHP on a Unix box and NT supports asp. They were suppossed to be migrated to 1 IP the Unix box weeks ago. Until that is done I have the frames. Once its done then www.the-rage.com and www.the-rage-shop.com will go to the same box and no need for the frames. By the way before you ask, reason I keep the frames on the Unix box is to keep thing uniform. :)

I hate that you can't edit your own posts. Anyway, meant to say my host doesn't like to put PHP on an NT box only Unix, and NT supports ASP / ODBC / MSAcess. So had the two domain names set up to test both and then migrate to one box.

the-rage.com and the-rage-shop.com is on 2 different boxes. 1 NT the other Unix this was done while I was deciding what ecommerce app I was going to use, because my host doesnt like to put PHP on a Unix box and NT supports asp. They were suppossed to be migrated to 1 IP the Unix box weeks ago. Until that is done I have the frames. Once its done then www.the-rage.com and www.the-rage-shop.com will go to the same box and no need for the frames. By the way before you ask, reason I keep the frames on the Unix box is to keep thing uniform. :)

Thanks. Yeah my hosting company cleared that up for me. Nice to know its replicated properly.

Thanks

Archived