• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] CVV2 Info

Waza04

Written for osCommerce v2.2MS1/CVS

(not tested with other versions but, should

be compatible)

This is a very simple mod that if for infomational purposes only!

It displays CVV2 Info, what it is and where it is on a card!

If customer has flash - it will show flash...

If customer does not have flash - it will show a gif...

Currently - Images and flash are only for Visa/Mastercard...

However, I am working on the flash for Amex... (Ready Tommorow)

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1221

Warren, i have been expecting to hear from you since.

You show no sign of being alive yet you post messages in the forum.

Can u please contact me.

If u need my email address pm me.

Regards,

Benjamin

Hi, Warren

Thanks again for this contribution.

However, i get to have this error in my shop after the install.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/virtual/site/includes/boxes/information.php on line 28

The part of the code colored in the code below is what the instalation guide says to add.

This is what the code look like in my information.php:

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .                                                                                                  

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CVV2) . '">'Credit Card CVV'</a><br>' .            '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_TRACKING, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_TRACKING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_FAQ . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('returns_track.php', '', 'SSL') . '">RMA TRACKING</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('downloads.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '">DOWNLOADS</a><br>' .                                         

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRINT_CATALOG, '', 'NONSSL') . '" target="_BLANK">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRINT_CATALOG . '</a>'); 

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

Can you please tell me what i am doing wrong?

Regards,

Okay ,Warren

I saw a little bug in there. I was messing around with this contribution to see what it was looking like.

So after the install, i had a problem with my stylesheet.

So here's the fix for it if you encounter a weird stylesheet issue in your site:

find on line 35 this :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<? echo THEMA_STYLE;?>">

and replace with this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Before i go i wanted to say many thanks to RANDY NEWMAN for his patience and for teaching me the little i know today . :D

So long folks.

Definitely a cool guy.

I haven't met the man in person but by talking to him everyday i feel like i known him.

He has been a great help for me. And i appreciate all of it.

So Randy, if by accident you discover this thread, i just wanted to say BIG UP and thanks for your time and Help.

God Bless........

Warren...here is the cvv.php page i made up a few months ago, not sure if you'd like to add an AMEX SWF/GIF to your contrib?:

http://www.healthyharvest.com/cvv.php

Also, for others out there - I added a link to my payment checkout screen, as seen below - I recommend you do the same so your customers know what this is. You'd be suprised how many do not!

cvv.jpg

OK - Your link on the cc.php module will be added in the next release...

However, on your site - I notice that the continue button goes back to default.php - shouldn't it go back to the payment page if it was clicked from there???

Anyway - V2.0 is out and has UK/US/International settings :)

Warren

OK - Your link on the cc.php module will be added in the next release...

However, on your site - I notice that the continue button goes back to default.php - shouldn't it go back to the payment page if it was clicked from there???

Anyway - V2.0 is out and has UK/US/International settings :)

Warren

Wow, you're quick!

I have my link set to open in a new window. Thanks for the idea though..!

I like the "what is this" addition done by networkdad at http://www.healthyharvest.com/cvv.php. I would like to modify this to be a pop up windrow rather than fully taking the user out of the checkout process. Can anyone help me with the code? I have already integraded the CVV2 contribution but would really apprecaite any help.

I like the "what is this" addition done by networkdad at http://www.healthyharvest.com/cvv.php. I would like to modify this to be a pop up windrow rather than fully taking the user out of the checkout process. Can anyone help me with the code? I have already integraded the CVV2 contribution but would really apprecaite any help.

I like the "what is this" addition done by networkdad at http://www.healthyharvest.com/cvv.php.  I would like to modify this to be a pop up windrow rather than fully taking the user out of the checkout process.  Can anyone help me with the code? I have already integraded the CVV2 contribution but would really apprecaite any help.

My CVV code is inserted into my own payment gateway module (bluepay), as seen below:

$selection = array('id' => $this->code,

'module' => $this->title,

'fields' => array(array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_ODCBP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER,

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('odcbp_cc_owner', $order->billing['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->billing['lastname'])),

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_ODCBP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER,

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('odcbp_cc_number')),

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_ODCBP_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES,

'field' => tep_draw_pull_down_menu('odcbp_cc_expires_month', $expires_month) . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('odcbp_cc_expires_year', $expires_year)),

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_ODCBP_TEXT_CVV2_NUMBER . ' ' .'<a href="cvv.php"><b><u> What is it?</u></b></a>',

'field' => tep_draw_input_field('odcbp_cc_cvv','','SIZE=4, MAXLENGTH=4'))));

You can see the link that takes them to cvv.php - To make it open in a new window, just add target=_blank in the href statement.

I recently changed from having it open in a new window, to setting cvv.php to continue back to FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT

Hope this helps get you started...

What payment module are you using ?

We are actually processing offline. Because of the volume of transactions our parent company does, it's significantly cheaper to process that way. Thanks for the code. Sorry for this additional rookie question, but did you have the info pop into a javascript window or did you just launch a new browser window. If it was a javascript window, can you tell me what your old code was? Or can anyone help for that matter?

We are actually processing offline.  Because of the volume of transactions our parent company does, it's significantly cheaper to process that way.  Thanks for the code.  Sorry for this additional rookie question, but did you have the info pop into a javascript window or did you just launch a new browser window.  If it was a javascript window, can you tell me what your old code was?  Or can anyone help for that matter?

I had it open in a new window. I do have the javascript code to do an actual popup, but i'll have to search for it in my files. If i find it, i'll post it back here..

I would like to modify this to be a pop up windrow rather than fully taking the user out of the checkout process.  Can anyone help me with the code? I have already integraded the CVV2 contribution but would really apprecaite any help.

Version 1.23 or 1.23a of CVV for cc.php both have the pop-up "what is it" included in a SSL pop-up so there are no security warnings or new windows. The pop-up CVV help was written by Jeff Chasick for a different mod and I just added it into the CVV for cc.php contribution. You should be able to just pick out the pop-up help of the code and modify it to your likes. The contributions can be found here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...tions,99/page,2

I found that if you take the user out of the check-out process you lose about 30% of your sales along the way. So a pop-up is definitely the way to go IMHO. The older versions of cvv for cc.php opened a new browser window so be sure to only look at 1.23 or 1.23a released for MS1 in February.

• 2 months later...

Got the contribution installed and up and running (thanks for the assistance JB !!). It works great.

For those that are looking fo a simple way to add CVV2 functionality to the default cc.php then this is definitely worth looking at.

It fit our bill perfectly since we do our processing "offline" and just needed to get the CVV2 data. The bonus is the popup (great contribution) that makes it easier for the consumer to understand what we are looking for.

Have CVV for cc.php MS1 on the payment checkout working find and this new CVV2 for the info box is a good addtion but there is a "visasecurity.gif" image missing.

Are you suppossed to make one or is there a general one you can use?

Also, i dont see no flash come up and i do have the latest flash player installed.

http://www.svflix.com/cvv2.php?cctypes=us

Thanks

• 2 months later...
However, I am working on the flash for Amex... (Ready Tommorow)

Warren,

Did you ever get the Flash for Amex finished? Thanks for the contrib!

Cheers,

Stretchr

"It's a small world...

But I wouldn't want to paint it!"

Stephen Wright

• 4 months later...