• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mattice's Custom Quicksearch

I'm using Custom Quicksearch & although it works fine with the search box in the body, it doesn't work for the one in my header (which wouldn't you know is the one I want to keep!)

The searchbox in the header will only search titles.

help!

here's a piece of my HEADER.PHP code

NOTE: it's far from the original version, but just to give you an idea

I have made almost every mod optional (on/off) in my osC version,

lot's of extra coding but is still running without bugs on snapshot from today with 70+ contributions installed. (on my local box)

((ALLOW_QUICK_SEARCH_DESCRIPTION == 'true')? $param = 'true' : $param = '');

if (htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"])) == '')

{ $searchquery = 'enter search query'; } else { $searchquery = htmlspecialchars(StripSlashes(@$HTTP_GET_VARS["keywords"]));}

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="center" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($PHP_SELF, tep_get_all_get_params(array('')) . '#bottom') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/BackToBottom.gif', TEXT_BACK_TO_BOTTOM) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="top">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="right">

<?php

if (SHOW_TOP_SEARCHBAR == 'true') {

?>

<tr>

<td height="40" align="right" valign="top" class="smallText"><br><form name="quick_find" method="get" action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH_RESULT, '', 'NONSSL', false);?>">

<input type="text" name="keywords" size="30" maxlength="40" value="<?php echo $searchquery;?>" onFocus="if (this.value == 'enter search query') { this.value='' }" >

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'icon_info.gif', TEXT_SEARCH_IN_DESCRIPTION) . ' ' . tep_draw_checkbox_field('search_in_description', '1', $param); ?> <?php echo tep_image_submit('search_bar.gif', BOX_HEADING_SEARCH, 'align=absmiddle');?>   

</form>

<?php echo '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH) . '"><b>' . BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH . '</b></a>   '; ?>

</td></tr>

<?php

}

?>

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Um, my header code looks absolutely nothing like yours Druide. :eh:

I've tried using the code from Mattice's search.php, which gives me a fully functioning search box in the header, but in an infobox the full width of the page.

Using the code I had before (from http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...t=search+header ) I get a search box without the infobox, but it refuses to search descriptions, only titles.

I don't mind if the search is in an infobox, but it needs to go to the right of my logo, & I need to get Mattice's great contribution to work with it!!!

Help please :tellme:

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to figure out the exact same problem- did you find a solution for putting the correct search box in the header to work with Mattice's Custom Search contribution? I need it to fit into the header, to the right of the logo as well, and to search the descriptions correctly.

ANY help appreciated- I am about to go live and need to get this to work!

Thanks,

Catherine

I got it to work by adding

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" align="left" valign="center"><table

border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'search.php'); ?></table></td>

right before the

<td align=   etc

for the logo.

I decided to put in on the left in the end. I should think if you add it after the logo & change the align it would work ok on the right.

Have a look at my site if you want to see how that looks, or to peek at the code.

• 3 months later...