• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Critics...enter, please

networkdad

Ok, i've had this store up since November 2002. Sales have done well, but i know i can do better for my client.

http://www.healthyharvest.com

I recently read the login routines thread in Tips/Tricks, and made some changes that i hope will help.

My goals:

-the header needs some big time work. Something nice with the logo, maybe a few links? Suggestions, please!

-checkout the create_account routine - suggestions/changes,etc ? Feel free to create a profile, but let me know so i can delete them, unless you intend on purchasing ;)

-Pictures (i know..my client is working on getting more!)

-color scheme - what would you do / change ?

-Anything else ?

Thanks for your critiques.

Hi Jason,

The header definately needs some work......Maybe take the wheat from the graphic...make it a bit bigger and brighter...Well as I was describing what I see in my mind's eye I put something together........If you like it and would like to use it I'll be glad to send you the full size graphic. Enjoy!

HealthyHarvest.jpg

This is really just an implementation of the basic OSC store. Some things I note on the the main page:

1) Need an integrating logo at the top. The one there now just seems to have been stuck there by mistake, like all of those annoying sticky notes we have on our monitors. ;-)

2) Make the color scheme and the logo uniform. Create some new shapes to place in the headers to get rid of those boxes.

3) Clean up the clutter at the bottom of the page.

4) Change the fonts.

All of these are very basic suggestions, I know, so swallow the meat and spit out the bones.

Hi Jason,

The header definately needs some work......Maybe take the wheat from the graphic...make it a bit bigger and brighter...Well as I was describing what I see in my mind's eye I put something together........If you like it and would like to use it I'll be glad to send you the full size graphic. Enjoy!

HealthyHarvest.jpg

I'd love to use the graphic,....but, i manage this store for another family member, and they've used the logo thats up there for years. So, there is no hope of changing, but only cleaning it up.

Thanks for all the good ideas :)

Good Morning Jason!

How 'bout this?

HealthyHarvest2.jpg

Hmm...i'll have to run that by the owner - That looks really good! She might go for that..

She's had that logo for a long time, and its now a 'name-recognition' kind of thing..

Thanks Kim :)

Jason,

I understand the name recognition....Not a problem. I was feeling creative and you now have a new idea. Keep me posted.

Jason,

That's a really good start...I like the color of the background but the texture looks like it's "moving" on my screen and I would stick around ...try something....smoother? I also wouldn't make it quite so tall.

Hi Jason,

HealthyHarvest.jpg

Kim,

I love your generosity and magnanimity. I prefer your header along with the original logo. The Networkdad's version is not bad either just like yours better.

Curious George

P.S. I love your new site too.

Curiousity kills the cat but not George ;-).

Kim,

I love your generosity and magnanimity. I prefer your header along with the original logo. The Networkdad's version is not bad either just like yours better.

Curious George

P.S. I love your new site too.

Thanks George!

I appreciate the complements. I have a lot of fun with OSC and once in awhile I get inspired and so I get creative. :D

It's putting together a logo when I have to that is difficult.... :wink:

Well, we came up with a banner for the front..tell me what you think. It may get tweaked a bit, but its what the owner wants. Now, time to get the rest of the colorscheme in place.

CSS, here i come!

Archived