Waza04

Written for osCommerce v2.2MS1/CVS

(not tested with other versions but, should

be compatible)

What this mod does is basially add barcode

functionality to OSCommerce.

It generates barcodes on invoices and packing slips

for users who use barcode systems.

It generates a barcode based upon the ID of the order.

This is pointless to install if you don't own a barcode reader.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1218

WHY is there BLATANT advertising in that contribution description?

THERE IS NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING ALLOWED ON OSCOMMERCE'S WEBSITE - ANY WHERE

WHY WHY WHY Do you insist on breaking the rules whenever you can figure out a new way to do so?????

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

i second that with loxly

Deborah Carney

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

In the contributions - Linda said I could put what ever I wanted there!!! There are no rule there! - It has got nothing to do with the fourms!

So why dont you get real and think about what you are saying

you only 'make' a contribution for commercial reasons,

THAT'S NOT ALLOWED

you should know that by now, after all discusions, warnings etc...

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

In the contributions - Linda said I could put what ever I wanted there!!! There are no rule there! - It has got nothing to do with the fourms!

In the contribution documentation that is packaged with the contribution. NOT in the downloads section. Please don't act naive Warren, you are not a newcomer and you have been told the rules again and again.

The entire oscommerce website it OFF LIMITS TO ADVERTISING OF ANY KIND.

Let's see if you can understand it in big bold letters, look at the 800 other contributions descriptions, do you see loooonnnnnggggg drawn out advertising for the site, then the paypal link THEN waaaaaay at the bottom finally a link to a contribution???? No. You see a description of a contribution. You see perhaps some instructions and the version you should have of osc. You see a one line "go here to see it in action" MAYBE you MIGHT see on two or three a line that says monetary donations are appreciated, but NO LINKS TO PAYPAL ADDRESSES.

You cannot make your own rules here and throw tantrums when you are caught out of line.

If you want to make money with your contributions, go somewhere else, make a web page and get it listed in the search engines and leave us alone here.

And I supposed "buy my product" to be able to use this contrib isn't advertising, right Warren?

In the contribution documentation that is packaged with the contribution. NOT in the downloads section. Please don't act naive Warren, you are not a newcomer and you have been told the rules again and again.

The entire oscommerce website it OFF LIMITS TO ADVERTISING OF ANY KIND.

Let's see if you can understand it in big bold letters, look at the 800 other contributions descriptions, do you see loooonnnnnggggg drawn out advertising for the site, then the paypal link THEN waaaaaay at the bottom finally a link to a contribution???? No. You see a description of a contribution. You see perhaps some instructions and the version you should have of osc. You see a one line "go here to see it in action" MAYBE you MIGHT see on two or three a line that says monetary donations are appreciated, but NO LINKS TO PAYPAL ADDRESSES.

You cannot make your own rules here and throw tantrums when you are caught out of line.

If you want to make money with your contributions, go somewhere else, make a web page and get it listed in the search engines and leave us alone here.

I like you......you got attitude and spunk......

alright...just my two cents......

carry on.....

I'm new to OSC and not qualified to comment on the argument above.....so I won't. :D

However, I would like to THANK you Warren for your contribution.

I am having a problem getting it running though. I have inserted the code segments OK and uploaded the BARCODEGEN.PHP files to the correct places, but only get a 0x0 pixel image placeholder where the barcode should be.

This is the same in both Catalog AND Admin.

Any ideas what I'm missing?

I am running 2.2CVS from late Dec/02 --- (I am working on a MS1 upgrade in parallel, but have made many changes to my 2.2 install)

You can see the site @ http://www.media101.co.uk ---- feel free to set up accounts and place dummy orders etc.

It is indeed a good addition Warren. Thanks.

I dont think we will use it ourselves, but who knows in times to come tho eh?

And Deborah I do think you were a little OTT with your comments.

Warren has put in a nice bit of work here and at least deserves a pat on the back.

But at the same time it appears Warren just rubs some ppl up the wrong way, fair enough we are all individuals.

I dont think it is fair to go off on one as you did when Warren has put in some work and then given it to the community.

After all if he wanted to go off and make a site just for contributions to sell, how would that help us?

And ppl are being very OTT about this advertising thing, it never used to be this stupidly OTT until everyone jumped on the band wagon when someone mention money somewhere.

C'mon! We are all here becos of E-COMMERCE!! We are bound to have cash on the brain!

I dont see the danger in what he put in his contribution, ALOT of ppl put in their paypal email for donations, and ALL ppl advertise their websites in their mods documentation.

I just think you are being a bit harsh just becos it is Warren.

I do side with you on the advert for the barcode sale he made, that was a big no no.

But all in all, Warren made a good mod, and deserves a little respect for that.

all above is just MHO.

(Nice one tho Warren)

CC.

I couldn't disagree with you more CC. Why should the rules be any different for this joker than anyone else? Harald has made it very clear that NO advertising at all is permitted here. What makes that so hard for some people to understand? It's even worse in this case considering he knows better yet continues to ignore the rules again and again. I don't care what mods he's made - he'll never get one red cent from me (whether I use them or not) simply because of his total disrespect for this community as a whole.

my .02 :wink:

Why is it I am not surprised that would be your response Ron...

Not that you are carrying a grudge by any chance??

I am sorry to say that even tho Harald owns the site, the forums etc, it doesnt take away the fact that everything relating to OSC revolves around e-commerce. Therefore you will never stop advertising of some kind. I'm not saying the rules are wrong, but I am saying you lot need to losen up about this, and report it to an admin if it bothers you, they will take care of it if it is wrong.

I just dont like to see people being constantly crapped on, especially when they have created a mod for people to use for FREE.

For goodness sake just get a grip of things Ron and stop crapping on Warren at every chance. It is getting tedious.

CC.

And Deborah I do think you were a little OTT with your comments.

Warren has put in a nice bit of work here and at least deserves a pat on the back.

But at the same time it appears Warren just rubs some ppl up the wrong way, fair enough we are all individuals.

I dont think it is fair to go off on one as you did when Warren has put in some work and then given it to the community.

I won't go into specifics, do your own search in the forums on the author Waza04 and you will find a multitude of posts where contributions were offered for money. He decided to give his contribs to the community after he was told he could NOT advertise them here. If he would follow the rules no one would be picking on him.

There are other problems as well .... I don't generally dump on people, it takes a lot to get me ticked, in case you haven't been paying attention.

Go do your own research before you take sides please :)

No offense Deborah, but dont tell me what to do before I make my choice of words.

I didnt take sides, I just get fed up of the same of sh*te of people picking out others to constantly bitch about.

I dont come to these forums to see others moan and whine about stupid small issues, and yet the forums have more posts of people bitchin at each other than anything else these days.

You are not an Admin or Moderator, so if something bothers you, go and tell them and let them deal with it. That is what they are for!

Dont start a thread like this that didnt need to be created.

I do not take sides with Warren, however I do thank him for giving ANOTHER contribution to OSC, without people like him OSC wouldnt be where it is today whether you like it or not.

CC.

Well spoken CC.

By the way Warren, i am sure most of the people here really do appreciate your effort. It takes day and night to come up with what you did.

I do not think people should get off their feet and jump on one another like this. This is really immature.

Rules, rules, everywhere rules.

And if Harold has a problem with what Warren created, i am sure he can speak for himself on this matter.

So as for you people that JUMP on others like some MAD DOGS please get a life.

WE NEED PEOPLE LIKE WARREN HERE!! WEITHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

No doubt on that.

Sometimes i see people desperate trying to get help and i am not sure if they do Crosspost but Jesus!! I see tons of MAD WATCH DOGS jump on them like this:<< Didn't i tell you not to Cross-post? I have already answered you>>

We know there's rules and they need to be respected but DO NOT JUMP ON ANYBODY HERE.. Because i am sure you wouldn't like it if someone was to talk to you that way.

This thread shouldn't have started anyway.

So long

Rules, rules, everywhere rules.

Without rules there is chaos. And if rules are ignored, a gentle reminder is usually given, when rules are blatently tossed aside becasue someone feels they are not applicable to them, they need to be jumped on.

And if Harold has a problem with what Warren created, i am sure he can speak for himself on this matter.

Harold was notified and has rectified the situation, so it does not need to continue to drag out.

Sometimes i see people desperate trying to get help and i am not sure if they do Crosspost but Jesus!! I see tons of MAD WATCH DOGS jump on them like this:<< Didn't i tell you not to Cross-post? I have already answered you>>

Sometimes those desparate people can find the answer by using the search feature or asking in the appropriate forum. There isn't a bbs on the net worth belonging to that allows cross posting or allows thread hijacking, just because someone didn't get the answer they wanted quickly enough. And then some of us get PM's in addition because we look like we should know the answer.

If we know the answer, and have time to post it, we will. This is not a conspiracy to keep all the knowledge to ourselves. It is not a secret society. The rules are CLEARLY stated and CLEARLY posted.

I am done with this mess, I have work to do. Work that I, and others like me, do without BIG, HUGE NOTICES ON THE BOARDS ABOUT HOW GREAT WE ARE AND PLEASE GIVE US MONEY posts.

Back to your regularly scheduled CODING questions and answers.

give it a rest people.

None of you are mods, so how about we leave moderating to the moderators.

---------------------

nice contribution warren. though we do not currently have a scanner, it may come in handy in the future, and it certainly makes the invoices look more professional.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

In the physical contribution in the README file is what I told you. Not plastered all over the contribution listing.

Try to think through from point A to point C so you do not trip on B ... this is not asking a lot ... other than for you to think first. :roll:

Thanks Steve and Benjamin!

Its posts like those that give me motivation to keep on going and write more mods!!

If I hadn't had you backup I guess I wouldn't have spent any more time to bother!!

Thanks,

Warren