• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need some easypopulate help...

skeedo

I need to modify my .csv file so I can import it into my db with Easypopulate.

Will I just have to change my .csv so that each column represents each row in my products table?

products_id int(11) No auto_increment Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_quantity int(4) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_model varchar(12) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_image varchar(64) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_price decimal(15,4) No 0.0000 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_date_added datetime No 0000-00-00 00:00:00 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_last_modified datetime Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_date_available datetime Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_weight decimal(5,2) No 0.00 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_status tinyint(1) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_tax_class_id int(11) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

manufacturers_id int(11) Yes NULL Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

products_ordered int(11) No 0 Change Drop Primary Index Unique Fulltext

Well Im new to this, but I have my EP working so I guess I can point you in the right direction. For starts I think its only tab delimited. But yes the column header should match what is in your table. Easiest thing to do is first just use the export and you will see exactly how it should look. Dont forget the EOREOR at the end of each line. Of course always back up your database.

Best thing to do is just put nothing in the ones you dont use. But for each table there has to be a value even if its NULL (blank). Again could be wrong but thats the way I go with it.

If the catagories are in the tab delimited file they will be created if they are not there. But on that I am almost sure of not 100%. This is a sample of mine if it helps. Cut and paste that into notepad or excel and you will the idea. Its only 6 products but looks a mess in this format.

v_products_model	v_products_image	v_products_name_1	v_products_description_1	v_products_url_1	v_products_price	v_products_weight	v_date_avail	v_date_added	v_products_quantity	v_manufacturers_name	v_categories_name_1	v_categories_name_2	v_categories_name_3	v_categories_name_4	v_categories_name_5	v_categories_name_6	v_categories_name_7	v_tax_class_title	v_status	EOREOR

WM-AUCDBP	AUCDBP.gif	Embassy o USA? Genuine Leather Car Seat Backpack Organizer	Make long trips more fun and comfortable with this Embassy o USA? Genuine Leather Car Seat Backpack    <BR><B>Retail Price: $26.95 </b>  13.48	1.75  3/20/2003	1  Automotive     	 Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

WM-BCLBC	BCLBC.gif	Embassy ? USA? Genuine Leather Briefcase features outside, zippe	Embassy ? USA? Genuine Leather Briefcase features outside, zippered pockets on both sides.      <BR><B>Retail Price: $33.95 </b>  16.98	2.5  3/20/2003	1  Fashion etc	Briefcases	Portfolio   	 Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

WM-BCPLB	BCPLB.gif	Embassy ? USA? Genuine Leather Briefcase	Embassy ? USA? Genuine Leather Briefcase. Features 1 inner pocket in bag, 1 file pocket, and a utility area under the flap.<BR><B>Retail Price: $33.95 </b>  16.98	2.6  3/20/2003	1  Fashion etc	Briefcases	Soft-sided briefcase   	 Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

WM-BFNLSTEREO3A	ELSTEREO3AB.gif	RCA Surround Sound 5 CD	The RCA Surround Sound 5 CD Stereo System is a fully integrated, cWeight 51Lbs  <BR>  <B> MSRP $699.00 </b>  350	20  3/20/2003	1  Electronics Department	Radio / Stereo / Etc      Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

WM-CT82	CT82.gif	Maxam? Knife Set with cutting board	Maxam? Knife Set with cutting board. .<BR><B>Retail Price: $21.95 </b>  10.98	3  3/20/2003	1  For The Home	Kitchen	Cutlery	carving set    Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

WM-CTC19BU	CTC19BU.gif	Chef?s Secret? by Maxam? 19pc Surgical Stainless Steel Knife Set	Now you can have the correct knife for any occasion with this Chef?s Secret? by Maxam? 19pc Surgical Stainless Steel Knife Set..<BR><B>Retail Price: $22.95 </b>  11.48	2.25  3/20/2003	1  For The Home	Kitchen	Cutlery	carving set    Taxable Goods	Active	EOREOR

• 2 years later...

the "date_avail" field in my ep upload does not get updated in the store.

meaning, when I set the dates of products that will be released at a future date (In the correct date and 24hr time format) , that field is not updated, when I redownload the file, those products with date available dates that I previously defined, are now null , #########..

anyone find an answer for this.