• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Worldpay Support

Hello

After 18 pages of posts to my original, I think its about time we started a new thread for Worldpay support - Its getting a bit unwieldy to say the least.

So, I am happy to help anyone with Worldpay problems posted here!!!

Graeme

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and thanks for the Help, I used this mod a couple'o weeks ago and works spot on.

As this thread will rise to the top would it be an idea to put the links to the latest updated version to stop confusion ? Otherwise people will be searching for the old thread.

Thanks again

What goes up MUST come down

Don't know if this will help you or not but it's worth a try anyway. I wonder if you have some of your sessions variables in the admin section set incorrectly. I know that some of these options are not to be used with shared SSL. Maybe they are causing your store to reset itself?

Here is some information about it http://wiki.oscommerce.com/proposalSecurityAndPrivacy

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the suggestion - for the moment I have turned off SSL and it seems to work fine so I would think the change of domain is causing the session or cookie to be lost. SSL isn't needed anyway as we're using Worldpay - I just wanted it for people signing in..

Right - now to set it live.... can't wait!!!! :)

I agree that it would be a nice add on, but osCommerce itself is not really geared up for recurring automatic transactions.

If it is possible to enter just the 1 transaction into Futurepay, it wouldn't be too difficult a job to set this up

Is anyone else interested in this?

I dont have a need for this just yet but would be interested in it if anyone can get it to work!

On the face of it, it seems to be quite simple to set-up - just a few extra parameters to send to WP - like pre-auth I guess.

But you do need to get it installed in your WP Admin first plus there is a separate guide - does anyone have a copy or know how to download the guide?

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

The code that you will need would be something like:

>

> <FORM ACTION="https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/purchase" METHOD="POST"

> NAME="wp_purchase">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="desc" VALUE="Subscription to whatever">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="cartId" VALUE="test">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="testMode" VALUE="100">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="instId" VALUE="your ID number">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="currency" VALUE="GBP">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="futurePayType" VALUE="regular">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="option" VALUE="1">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="startDelayMult" VALUE="1">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="startDelayUnit" VALUE="3">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="intervalMult" VALUE="1">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="intervalUnit" VALUE="3">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="normalAmount" VALUE="5.00">

> <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="subst" VALUE="yes">

> <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="go" VALUE="Send to WorldPay">

> </FORM>

>

> This code will start a FuturePay agreement whereby no money is taken

> immediately, and the first payment is taken in one months time. So they

> will get a free month and then will be charged ?5 per month. You can test

> this in the same way as you would with a one-off Select Junior payment,

> that is as long as you pass a testMode variable set to "100" then no money

> will be taken.

Just an agreement for an example. this starts an agreement with Future Pay, arrange with WorldPay first of course. Non Worldpay parameters are parsed in the usuall way MC_ or M_

Hope this helps

What goes up MUST come down

Ian,

If you mean the "Repeat Billing with Future Pay" guide I have a copy but it is a 910K zip file. I can email it if you are interested. PM me your address.

I am very interested in Repeat Billing with WorldPay but I am not a programmer.

Hi All

I recently contributed a credit card details by fax module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ons,1170/page,3

...so that for various reasons I can process cc details manually through my worldpay world access system. (but I also use the worldpay module to take online payments)

Some of you guys in this forum have done a great job supporting the worldpay module and other payment modules and so I am daring to ask for some help with a problem with my module.

Please post your (highly appreciated) help to this thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=10

i.e NOT to this worldpay thread...it is cheeky enough already cutting into this thread to ask for help....

The problem is:

When the green install icon is clicked (to install the module) the following error is returned:

Warning: call_user_func() expects first argument, 'tep_get_order_status_name', to be a valid callback in /admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1234

This has only happened to a couple of people activating the module...most report no problems......but because I have used the same coding methods and class as other payment modules (including the worldpay module( I am confused!!

Has anyone ever seen this problem occur on the worldpay module or any other payment modules ?

Thanks a million.

[/b]

I've been contemplating thinking about thinking

I notice there is a selection in the w/p module of 'A' or 'E' . I have always used 'E' because I wanted to preauthorize everything. As an experiment I tried using 'A' but the worldpay site simply informed customers that I had no accounts that supported that kind of transaction.

Is it not possible to switch between the two? Is this just for those who don't use preauth? I thought there was another switch for that purpose.

Is it not possible to switch between the two? Is this just for those who don't use preauth? I thought there was another switch for that purpose.

Each account id is set up in WP for either one or the other - so if you want to use both options, you would need to ask WP to set up new account ids for you and change the account id in Admin with making this switch. As far as I can tell, most do not use pre-auth so it is interesting that you do and that it works!

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

I have the occasional nightmare that I sent out a load of stuff that I forgot to complete at Worldpay :shock: as I am not the most disciplined of people but so far all is well and the module works great.

Has anyone else noticed that of the failures to return to the cart and complete the transaction, a high proportion of them appear nonetheless in the transaction history with status of 'Paypal Processing'?

I checked one today and the Paypal Processing timestamp was a few minutes before the Worldpay timestamp.

Working hypothesis:- customers who make a hash of things at Paypal, often go on to make a hash of things on Worldpay.

I'm surprised that most people use standard payment type rather than pre-auth. It has saved me lots in commission fees for fraudulent credit card orders from the Far East where on four occasions I received orders worth over ?3000 each. If I didnt have pre-auth I believe I would have had to pay Worldpay their comission!!

So, I would strong encourage using pre-auth for all transactions.

Graeme

So far all it has saved me is refunds for duplicate transactions when things have gone wrong, but then as my average order size is only ?25 and most customers domestic it is a somewhat different maketplace.

I think it is a failure of WP advertising - I didn't even know about it until was added to the WP module! Until that point, no one asked me to add it to the module so I assume that no one used it.

Now I think it is a good idea.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

A site of ours recently went live and is receiving approximately 15 orders a day using the WorldPay payment gateway. However, unfortunately at least one of these orders each day seems to go astray - WorldPay receives payment but OSC doesn't record the order. This doesn't seem to be due missing/broken callbacks from WorldPay, but rather, the problem of users closing the browser window, navigating away, or the connection 'going down' on the "Please wait whilst we finish processing your order" page!!!

Obviously it doen't look too professional to have to contact these customers and to ask them if they can remember what they ordered on our site. So we are currently investigating alternative approaches.

I have read through the previous WP thread several times, but although it was discussed, I have been unable to conclude whether it is possible to integrate the code from checkout_success.php (which I believe records the order in OSC) with the wpcallback.php (which handles the callback from WP) thereby avoiding these problems associated with redirecting.

Could somebody please enlighten me as to whether this is possible, and why this wasn't done in the first place (are there any technical reasons/limitations why this wouldn't be possible)?

WP require that customers have time to read their banner which is automatically inserted by them into the callback page - you will note that this page retains their url.

On the other hand, OSC requires that checkout_process is completed before it registers the order.

Finally, if the customer has medium security, they will get a pop-up window telling them that they are being redirected - maybe only happens if you are not running SSL.

They may be a couple of solutions to this - you can try to reduce the delay before the redirect happens but at some point, WP will believe that its banner has not been shown and redirect the customer to a ResultC/Y files instead and anyway, it doesnt stop the problem of the pop-up.

Or you could try to re-order checkout_process so that the order is registered before payment - then you would need to check that the orders were valid.

Or you can go back to an earlier version of the WP module 3.X as this used an illegal method of redirect but never-the-less seemed to work.

An obvious solution would be to attempt to register the order whilst the customer is reading the WP Banner but this failed for me as the callback page is not actually running on the OSC site (even though it looks like it is) and so a lot of global variables are missing.

Another answer may be to install the order tracking mod mentioned somehwhere in these threads but I wasnt sure if that now worked with WP or not.

Or any better ideas?

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

I have recently been using the held order v1b contribution which although it still has a few rough edges, has only failed to record an order once in about 70 orders, and has the facility to record the attributes and move at least basic information to the main tables. It has certainly save me a lot of time.

I have considered that contribution. However, the main disadvantage is that you still have to manually cross-check all of the WorldPay payments against the OSC orders every day. Basically, this seems like a bit of a fudge until a real solution arrives IMHO...