• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[CONTRIBUTION] Wishlist-update_MS1

Also, for some reason, products are not being added to my Wishlist... instead they are being added directly to the shopping cart.

In addition to this problem... I'm finding that if I switch off the contribution (have triple checked that if / else statements are programmed right) I'm unable to add anything to the shopping cart...

Anyone come across this also?

Actually... if I could get it working alright, I would have no need to switch it off... so the priority is to get it working...

Thanks,

Tony

Hi I tried the same and found that I can add the items to wishlist but then my in cart button stoped working as cart shows to be empty. Spended lots of hours and finally have to uninstall every thing. I guess this is not compatable with MS1. Its application top which is changed and is not working with wishlist, once I changed my application top to the old one my cart started working fine.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what we're after ultimatly is a combination of both our application_top files. You can add to your wishlist but not your cart, and I can add to my cart but not the wishlist.

Have you altered your application_top file from the one that comes with the MS1 update package? If so, can you please PM the changes to me and I'll see if I can get a package together.

Thanks,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Try this in application_top.php (thanks to Marcin)...

// customer adds a product from the products page 

case 'add_product' : if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && is_numeric($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) { 

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_WISHLIST . " WHERE customers_id=$customer_id AND products_id=$products_id"); } 

$cart->add_cart($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $cart->get_quantity(tep_get_uprid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'], $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']))+1, $HTTP_POST_VARS['id']); 

} 

tep_redirect(tep_href_link($goto, tep_get_all_get_params($parameters))); 

break;

I had intended doing a complete rewrite for MS1, but since the release of MS2 is imminent I have held off till then.... hope this helps

:(

Still no change... can't add ANYTHING to my wishlist...

Oh well... I've disabled it for now.

Thanks for your help anyway,

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Sorry... I have been away, I pasted that from a PM I received, but couldn't test it... I shall look into the issue this week and post a fix :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

hi ,

ihave installed the wishlist fine and it shows when a customer registers which is fine.

But when i add to wishlist - nothing happens and also when i add to cart it goes and says your cart is empty.. any ideas..

Please help

hi ,

ihave installed the wishlist fine and it shows when a customer registers which is fine.

But when i add to wishlist - nothing happens and also when i add to cart it goes and says your cart is empty.. any ideas..

Please help

You have made an error somewhere during installation.. :shock:

I have uploaded all the changed and additional files so that those having difficulties can compare with their own installation:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1208

I integrated the mod, and everything works fine except for one thing.

When you look at the details about a product in the product_info.php file, you can't successfully add that item to your cart. It just goes to the shopping cart w/o added the item.

Can this be because of the FORM tags? I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

When you look at the details about a product in the product_info.php file, you can't successfully add that item to your cart.  It just goes to the shopping cart w/o added the item.

Can this be because of the FORM tags?  I have no idea.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same problem too. Can someone please post the fix?

Thank you.

Also getting this SQL error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') as total ' at line 1

select count() as total

[TEP STOP]

My Wishlist

Please forgive me if this is a silly question.  Does anyone see any potential problems with this contribution working with the latest Mile Stone to be released?

Thank you to all for you hard work in revising this contrib.  

Take care

It will not function with MS2 - a release for MS2 is currently in development.

When you look at the details about a product in the product_info.php file, you can't successfully add that item to your cart.  It just goes to the shopping cart w/o added the item.

Can this be because of the FORM tags?  I have no idea.  Any help would be appreciated.

Possibly a missing </form> tag... or incorrect code in application_top.php.... If you read my previous post you will see that I have uploaded all the necessary files to the contributions download page.... use them! :shock:

I'm having the same problem too. Can someone please post the fix?

Same as above... read the thread... download the files :shock:

Thanks, bluephoenix,

I'll try this out - hope it works.

That's one thing about installing multiple contributions - u end up with a mess. Good thing I left comments :)

Look and see if you inserted the part to add the product to the wishlist between the parts to add products to the cart.

Badjuju,

Look and mke sure you do not have a stray punctuation mark on the wishlist.php box page.  

I put some troubleshooting tips on this pagehttp://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50108

I believe i have installed this mod almost correctly and have almost narrowed it down.

In application_top when i add this:

//Wishlist

define('FILENAME_WISHLIST', 'wishlist.php');

define('FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP', 'wishlist_help.php');

i get an sql error & email:

1146 - Table 'osc.customers_wishlist' doesn't exist 

delete from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=2 AND products_id=72

Dunno if i done the install wrong if the its suppossed to add the sql collum automaticly.

Any ideas?

You still need the original wishlist file. The MS1 update from Johnson is just that... an update to make the wishlist work under MS1.

This missing SQL portion from the original which you require is this:

(Run it in phpMyAdmin)

#

# Database table for customers_wishlist`

#

CREATE TABLE customers_wishlist (

products_id int(13) NOT NULL default '0',

customers_id int(13) NOT NULL default '0',

products_model varchar(13) default NULL,

products_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

products_price decimal(8,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',

final_price decimal(8,2) NOT NULL default '0.00',

products_quantity int(2) NOT NULL default '0',

wishlist_name varchar(64) default NULL

) TYPE=MyISAM;

HTH,

Tony

Look and see if you inserted the part to add the product to the wishlist between the parts to add products to the cart.

Badjuju,

Look and mke sure you do not have a stray punctuation mark on the wishlist.php box page.

I put some troubleshooting tips on this pagehttp://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50108

This is what I have in boxes/wishlist.php:

<?php

/*

$Id: wishlist.php,v 1.0 2002/05/08 10:00:00 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

*/

?>

<!-- wishlist //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

include(DIR_WS_MODULES. 'wishlist/' . FILENAME_WISHLIST);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- wishlist_eof //-->

Looked around and didn't see an answer to this: is there any way for my customers to give somebody a link to their wishlist?

Ex - my birthday is coming up, it would be nice to send my mother a link to my wishlist so she can see what I really want and not have to guess...

Would be even better if someone could order something off my wishlist and it would be delivered directly to me, but I'm thinking that's a bit much...

Thanks!

Becca

Looked around and didn't see an answer to this:  is there any way for my customers to give somebody a link to their wishlist?

Ex - my birthday is coming up, it would be nice to send my mother a link to my wishlist so she can see what I really want and not have to guess...

Would be even better if someone could order something off my wishlist and it would be delivered directly to me, but I'm thinking that's a bit much...

Thanks!

Becca

Bluephoenix and I are working on an updated Wishlist for MS2 that will have these features

Thanks Matti!

If I can do anything to help (I'm pretty much a tyro with PHP, but I'm pretty good with SQL, HTML and Javascript) or if you need someone to beta test let me know.

Cheers,

Becca

Was thinking it would be cool if there was a add to wishlist link in the my wishlist box in the right column or a add to wishlist box instead of adding this in code in the product_info.php to make things easier.

Is there an update or does anyone have a valid code that works in product_info.php for MS2 that successfully adds the product to your wishlist?

Keep getting nuthing added in my wishlist and get direct to my cart.