• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] osC Affiliate Banner Centre

Snowman

THIS MODULE IS AN ADDON DESIGNED FOR THE MILESTONE 1.01 RELEASE OF OSCAFFILIATE.

The module is an addon that expands the affiliate centre and breaks the banners down into four seperate groups:

Banners

Products

Build a Link

Text Links

While this has been developed for the 1.01 release of osCAffiliate it should work on most earlier versions.

EDITED: Please keep this type of info in your contribution rather than on the forum. Thanks, Linda

DOWNLOAD HERE

Edited by Johnson

do i see a paypal request again.... pffff

Please keep those paypal etc... things in the files and not on the forum / contribution area

If people like it enough they look into the files for info where to send A donation

thanks

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

FYI

cross posting is also NOT allowed

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...28975&start=440

i see your copy/paste is still working....lol

Live and learn, i also keep on being stuborn :twisted:

Take care

Robert

We all need to learn it once, how hard it may seem when you look at it, also you will master it someday ;)

Another OscKop to add to my list ;)  :lol:

Nahh...

When i lived in the Netherlands we used to say 'KaasKop.... LOL

Some peeps ,like me & you (?), read most of the new threads every day and keep on reading about the same at the different threads.

VERY confusing.

Peace ;)

Robert

Another OscKop to add to my list ;)  :lol:  

Snowman:  Good addition to the base Affiliate Module, thanks.

LOL :roll:

Im not going to defend myself regarding paypal.

As for cross posting...this was posted as a seperate post as i figured 45 pages in the other discussion is a bit much.

I was only kidding - lots of people here don't understand my sense of humour :D

LOL

ofcourse i did understand that, but if you did know the defenition of 'kaaskop' then you should laugh & reply too :)

Robert

Hey Snowman,

This reminded me of the "remote banners" question I had a couple weeks ago? I htink you said you were working on something like this?

Any progress?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

LOL

you're getting close...

i'll stop here this got WAY OFF subject :oops: :lol:

Robert

Hey Snowman,

This reminded me of the "remote banners" question I had a couple weeks ago? I htink you said you were working on something like this?

Any progress?

Im playing around with a solution to that as we speak :)

Its not to hard to do, its just a matter of editing the affiliate banner file in admin, but i want to do it in such a way that the store owner can set it on a per banner basis

• 1 month later...

I just installed the affiliate thing and this add-on last night. But I'm having a couple of problems with it, so I must've done something wrong.

First, I can't seem to change the amount of the commissions. When I edit a member's account, I can change the amount and it saves. But when I see the name in the affiliates list, it always says "10.00%". Also, it says "10%" in the affiliates' accounts.

Also, the "build-a-link" thing doesn't work. When I enter a product number, it comes back with empty boxes and tells me to copy & paste code that isn't there.

Can someone tell me what I messed up?

Also...it would be really nice if this used the same information as the customer's accounts. I realize many times an affiliate will not be a customer & vice versa, but would nice for those who are both to only have to log in once. Is there any (very simple 'cuz I'm new at this) way to do that?

I can't edit my posts? :?:

I wanted to add that it doesn't send e-mails, and the contact form gives me an error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/garden/public_html/admin/affiliate_contact.php on line 198

I don't know what I did to cause that, cause I'm sure it was displaying last night. :(

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to integrate oscaffiliate_banners1.0 (with the new text link making page) in oscaffiliate_vs_1.09_MS2.

But I have several problems:

affiliate_banners_product.php shows absolutely nothing. (just the text "Choose the product you want to display on your website from the choices below:")

There is also a silent error with affiliate_banners_text.php (updated version). I have two textboxes. After filling them with text and submitting them the login-screen is shown again...

I've tried to build some workarounds.

I added the following code to the top of the affiliate_banners_build.php page (perhaps it helps somebody) to make affiliate_banners_product.php unnecessary:

<script language="JavaScript">

<!--

function make_my_id(id) {

document.individual_banner.individual_banner_id.value = id;

document.individual_banner.submit();

return false;

}

//-->

</script>

<?php

$sql3 = "SELECT manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name FROM manufacturers";

$sql3 = tep_db_query($sql3);

while ($sql3_array = tep_db_fetch_array($sql3)) {

$manufacturers[$sql3_array["manufacturers_id"]] = $sql3_array["manufacturers_name"];

}

$sql = "SELECT * FROM products ORDER BY products_model";

$sql = tep_db_query($sql);

while ($sql_array = tep_db_fetch_array($sql)) {

$id               = $sql_array["products_id"];

$model            = $sql_array["products_model"];

$image            = $sql_array["products_image"];

$image            = str_replace("./", "/", $image);

$price            = $sql_array["products_price"];

$manufacturers_id = $sql_array["manufacturers_id"];

$sql2 = "SELECT products_name FROM products_description WHERE products_id = '$id' LIMIT 1";

$sql2 = tep_db_query($sql2);

$sql2_array = tep_db_fetch_array($sql2);

$name = $sql2_array["products_name"];

$list[$id] = $name . ((isset($manufacturers[$manufacturers_id]) ? " (".$manufacturers[$manufacturers_id].")" : ""));

}

ksort($list);

echo "<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">n";

foreach ($list as $id => $name) echo "<tr style="font-size:8pt;"><td>ID: <a onclick="javascript:make_my_id($id);"><u>$id</u></a></td><td> - </td><td>$name</td></tr>n";

echo "</table>";

?>

I also need a little hack to emulate the text link making page. Has somebody built it already? I'm afraid of making something wrong on this important part of my affiliate program. For example I have no idea whether I should include the variable "affiliate_banner_id" or not?!

I hope you can help me out! :bigups:

Thanks,

J0J0

• 1 month later...

I have started lurking around again. :)

I just had a few family problems that caused me to be not here.

A fully worked up version of the affiliate module will be available in a day or two. I am just finishing the debug now.

(note this is a loaded up version based on what Henri and everyone else has achieved so far, its not the CVS version, but it is designed to work fully with MS2)

:) Welcome back.

That are really good news. I hope that your situation is now fixed up.

Hopefully the basic structure is still consistent. Because I have to update a heavily modified shop environment... :rolleyes:

J0J0

• 1 month later...