• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anything Non Google Friendly?

Steve,

I am having a very similar problem. I have set my static links to a fully qualified link. However, I have one pointing to a contact page that I created. I followed the standard OSC method of linking.

ie. in my information.php box, I have the following:

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_BULLETIN_BOARD) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_BULLETIN_BOARD . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>' . </b>

I have the corresponding file updated as well, so this link should behave just like all the others, but when I run a spider search on my site, it shows this link with the OSCID... I can't figure out why. Any suggestions.

sirkyle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry, my post was in reference to:

Doesn't look like it's working....

I'm getting URL's with some session ID's.

/about.htm?osCsid=0ba1cc30c4e2cc8c057819b920c673e9

though I'm not proud, I'll take anyone's help, not just steve's :)

not only am I not proud, I'm not smart. :oops:

I did have static links on my site hiding in other areas. but I updated them and everything is fine.

don't mind me, I'm just trying to up my post cound I guess :lol:

sirkyle

you might want to take the time to read that thread before implementing that list.
I just read it again. Which part are you referring to. I saw where you suggest putting the list in a table and doing an SQL query. Is that the part you would like me to read?

I think that either way would run at about the same speed it's just whether the search loop would be in the PHP code or the SQL code. The SQL table way seems easier to administer, but the hardcoded table method is done.

In olden times the men were made of iron and the ships were made of wood; now it's the other way around. :wink:

No, the part that says that you should only put in a few of the spiders in the list. No more than 20.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hello,

so there are some good arguments to use a spider killer (bandwidth, showing other customer information...).

Since I made already also a lot of changes to my snap of 01.12.03 I don't know if I should install one. I have the following questions:

. Is the working spider killer also good for my snap?

. In admin/configuration/my store is the parameter "Use Search-Engine Safe URLs (still in development)" which I've set to "true". After setting it to "true" do I then still need the spider killer?

. I use the contribution "All Products Page" which primary purpose is to lead the spider to all the product links. Again do I need then the spider killer?

It would be nice if all you profs could give me an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Albert Kastl

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Hello,

thanks Chris for your short but informative answer.

Probably there is no other way to kill those SIDs as with this spider killer mod. I'm wondering about this because for me, I don't know what you think, it's very cumbersome to study every once in a while the logs for new spiders and update my html_output.php. Is there really no other way, for example program it once and it works for good (I'm not a programmer, so excuse myself)?

Another question: As I saw in the mod the spider list contains only American spiders. Is there a list somewhere also for European especially German spiders?

Thanks again for your help.

Albert Kastl

If you have a current cvs of osc, you can switch the "force cookie use"- flag to true. It's in admin/configuration/sessions.

This will prevent sid-adding to the url altogether as sessions are only created when the agent (browser, client, spider, etc) supports cookies. Spiders never support cookies, so a session is never created for a spider and a sid will therefore never appear.

Your customers need to have cookies enabled for this.

Greetings from Marcel

|Current version|Documentation|Contributions|

• 1 month later...

I was wondering why enabling force cookies use in admin under sessions shouldn't be used on a shared secure server? I tried it on mine and it seems to work fine. I am using snapshot 5/30. Thanks alot.

Mair

Archived